Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

I really don't believe the La Vie en Rose thing.

But let's face it, Madonna performs whatever she wants and you will love it!

Is this where the 3 'cover songs' rumour comes from then? Because with "La Vie En Rose", "Between the Bars" and (technically) "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" we have 3 cover songs on the setlist.

I never heard the 3 covers rumor. I don't recall her saying anything about doing covers.

La Vie en Rose could work as a mashup with True Blue, thematically. I wonder if the chord progressions work together. I think news-of-madonna is counting samples as full songs tbh. They said the dancing nuns were part of the Vogue performance but it's rather obvious that they're gonna be part of Holy Water as well.

Did she?

I feel like that song was mentioned somewhere during the promo tour. Or maybe she referenced it in an Instagram post? Oh who the fuck knows.

This was posted on M Tribe with regards to the Australian shows

What I have been told is this - but it's all pretty obvious:

- Melbourne sold alot better than Sydney (which if you count the gays) you could call it rather unexpected

- they are very disappointed in the sales (arenas wont be half empty) but they were expecting greater demand (after 23yrs) and additional dates to be added, which are now unlikely

- some of the pre-sales showed an incredibly weak amount of interest- esp. compared to other artists both young AND old

I thought Oz tickets sold out?

I thought demand would be huge but I think she stayed away from Australia for so long people have lost interest and some of the ticket prices are too expensive. If they don't add more dates what's she going to with the huge gap between each city? Sightseeing? Go to the beach?

Guest Rachelle of London

I thought demand would be huge but I think she stayed away from Australia for so long people have lost interest and some of the ticket prices are too expensive. If they don't add more dates what's she going to with the huge gap between each city? Sightseeing? Go to the beach?

If its that bad I bet her team will step up and do extensive promo. They love the money they make from tours, they will make Oz work some way or another.

She just left it too long and prices were way too high, as mentioned already. She should have gone there for Confessions really.

I doubt she'll ever go back to Australia after this tour.

What was the original plan though? I'm guessing at least 3 shows for each city +/-1 more show, so probably closer to 10 shows than the current 6. Oh dear. I wonder if they'll shuffle the itinerary a bit and perhaps focus more on Asia than Australia to make a comparable profit?

She just left it too long and prices were way too high, as mentioned already. She should have gone there for Confessions really.

I doubt she'll ever go back to Australia after this tour.

she'll go there on her comedy tour when she's in her late 70's

I still don't think it's that bad overall because I'm trying to pull up tickets on Ticketmaster for the 2nd MSG gig in NYC and I can't find any?

I think the poor sales thing is a bit exaggerated by the fan community at present.

I'll worry if articles like this start popping up next week: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/04/22/why-are-there-so-many-tickets-still-on-sale-for-u2s-upcoming-tour/ (this article was published approx. 4 weeks before U2's tour kicked off).

Oof. More bad ticket news :(

Hopefully those tickets will move after Montreal. If the show is really packed front to back with hits, the good reviews and media exposure (not to mention the B roll and YouTube clips of her singing a million hits) could help move these unsold tickets.

What was the original plan though? I'm guessing at least 3 shows for each city +/-1 more show, so probably closer to 10 shows than the current 6. Oh dear. I wonder if they'll shuffle the itinerary a bit and perhaps focus more on Asia than Australia to make a comparable profit?

Looking at the current gaps in the schedule I think they planned at least 3-4 shows in Sydney and Melbourne. They need to ramp up the promo once the tour starts and maybe do a special report for tv in some of the major markets.

I read on another forum there is another date on hold for Sydney and Melbourne if needed. If they stick with the current 6 shows will the promoters even make any money?