Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

Yes I think she knows she needs to bring back the older hits but I also think she wants to! She talked how she misses how it used to be back then and her singing Dress you up and Holiday on Ellen and Jimmy shows, she seemed to really enjoyed performing them.

Sorry but RIT was packed with hits not because she wanted to play them but because it was damage control after AL flopping. She knew she had to pull out all the hits. She has said many times she hates playing MG but she included it in RIT.

Exactly, the hits played on RIT were played because she had to and it was obvious she didn't like performing them. Material Girl and Burning up forever ruined on that dreadful guitar and she played them out angry.

I thought the versions of Material Girl and Burning Up were really cool! When she first started doing the rock reinventions they were fresh and something different for her.

But I do feel over time and different tours, the rock reinventions of older songs have become a cliche. I think in general the arrangements on MDNA were better because they didn't have any cliched "rawk" versions of older songs.

Both MG and Burning Up lend themselves to rock reinventions well, I think unlike for example a song like Hung UP which has far more of dance element and doesn't work with the guitar.

Yes I think she knows she needs to bring back the older hits but I also think she wants to! She talked how she misses how it used to be back then and her singing Dress you up and Holiday on Ellen and Jimmy shows, she seemed to really enjoyed performing them.

I think there are definitely some hits she doesn't mind singing ITG, LIB, Holiday and Vogue but others that she simply hates.

I just want to see her sing and dance her hits while having fun and not stand there on guitar just perform them to get it over with.

She enjoys playing guitar. I don't think she looks at playing a song on guitar as a way to get it over with. She looks at it as a different way to present a song.

I enjoy dancing and her playing guitar, they are just different ways of performing.

She said she wrote some songs on RH so they could be performed on acoustic guitar. So she enjoys playing guitar. There are a lot of songs on RH that lead themselves to being performed on guitar so anyone who is hoping for no guitar performances will be sorely disappointed.

Sorry but RIT was packed with hits not because she wanted to play them but because it was damage control after AL flopping. She knew she had to pull out all the hits. She has said many times she hates playing MG but she included it in RIT.

Exactly.

She also said "there's no way in hell i'm doing that song" when someone asked her to do Burning Up on MTV's On stage and on the record in 2003.

Min 21:40

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5U-G4qEto

She also talks about what her fans expect her to deliver live or in studio versus her vision at min 32:00

But most casual fans wouldn't really think of Burning Up as a big hit! So if she performed it she must have changed her mind about liking it!

Just because she disliked a song at one time, doesn't mean she can't change her mind about performing it later.

I thought the versions of Material Girl and Burning Up were really cool! When she first started doing the rock reinventions they were fresh and something different for her.

But I do feel over time and different tours, the rock reinventions of older songs have become a cliche. I think in general the arrangements on MDNA were better because they didn't have any cliched "rawk" versions of older songs.

Both MG and Burning Up lend themselves to rock reinventions well, I think unlike for example a song like Hung UP which has far more of dance element and doesn't work with the guitar.

I agree on the RIT versions, they did the job...& the rhythm of the songs fit the guitar rif, but Borderline & DYU on Sticky where just wrong. I think I'm the only one who loves HU sticky though...cuz she took it a little further...the other two sounded just lazy 2 my ears.

She s an Artist and a living succesfull modern pop artist , her catalog is so giant that it s impossible to please all tastes , cause even if the sales are lower her music and her opinions about modern time are so deep in people scenario that everybody knows and often misunderstand her vision but we are all aware of her thinking .

So people , gp and fans will allways want more 'cause she has kind of educated the world with the "never look back let s focus on the next thing" attitude and that s a MUST for a natural born artist ( in my opinion ) .She s really alone in her way of painting her vision and I m glad she s still fighting as three decades ago to find the truth . It s really impressive what she s doing in front of the world .

I m glad she is with us and more creative than ever . She takes a bunch of cliché , made of them a puzzle then smashes it into this sleepy world and it s like she s telling " yeah cliché is a boring subject we create but would you be so brave to rebuild that puzzle cause I do think you take for granted what you see " .

Sorry for my English

That setlist seems very fake to me. Between the Bars and American Life don't go together. Very unlikely she is going to start off with four relatively unknown songs like that. A lot of the other stuff seems like fan wishes.

The 30 songs that were on Madonnatribe sound believable to me. Most likely the setlist will be taken from those songs.

That setlist seems very fake to me. Between the Bars and American Life don't go together. Very unlikely she is going to start off with four relatively unknown songs like that. A lot of the other stuff seems like fan wishes.

The 30 songs that were on Madonnatribe sound believable to me. Most likely the setlist will be taken from those songs.

I don't think it's real either, lol...

However your arguement really doesn't work here:

She kicked off S&S with three fairly uknown songs. Candy Shop, Beat Goes On and Human Nature. MDNA with Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, a medley of a 90 second long PDP and an unrecognizeable version of HU before going into IDGA and closing the section with a remix of Best Friend. :lmao: Actually, do Hung Up and PDP go well together? I don't think so...It really depends on the theatrics, imo. If she serves great visuals the crowd will love it and that setlist still includes tons of classics, although I'm afraid a lot of people will be pissed at those medleys and mashups.

Very unlikely she's going to start with ballad like songs like Ghosttown and Wash All Over Me. Her first sections are usually much more uptempo. The ballad section comes in the middle usually.

She said the theme of the show is romance. American Life has nothing to do with romance or love.

I think the 30 songs on Madonnatribe are believable because they do fit the theme. The only really odd choice Is Love Profusion and that fits the love theme. The rest of the older songs are pretty well known iconic singles.

Very unlikely she's going to start with ballad like songs like Ghosttown and Wash All Over Me. Her first sections are usually much more uptempo. The ballad section comes in the middle usually.

She said the theme of the show is romance. American Life has nothing to do with romance or love.

I think the 30 songs on Madonnatribe are believable because they do fit the theme. The only really odd choice Is Love Profusion and that fits the love theme. The rest of the older songs are pretty well known iconic singles.

What are the 30 songs? Do you have a link?

What are the 30 songs? Do you have a link?

It was posted earlier in the thread, but here are the 30 songs again!

Dress You Up

Into The Groove

Material Girl

Deeper and Deeper

Holiday

Justify My Love

Love dont Live Here Anymore

La Isla Bonita (With "Spanish Eyes" chords)

Sorry

Who´s That Girl

True Blue

Cherish

Love Profusion

Dont Tell Me

Take A Bow

Music

Iconic

Unapologetic Bitch

Living For Love

Ghosttown

Heartreakcity

Hold Tight

Inside Out

S.E.X

Holy Water

Devil Pray

Rebel Heart

Illuminati

Bitch Im Madonna

Body Shop

Dress You Up

Into The Groove

Material Girl

Deeper and Deeper

Holiday

Justify My Love

Sorry

Who´s That Girl

True Blue

Cherish

Love Profusion

Dont Tell Me

Take A Bow

Music

Iconic

Unapologetic Bitch

Living For Love

Ghosttown

Heartreakcity

Hold Tight

Inside Out

S.E.X

Holy Water

Devil Pray

Rebel Heart

Illuminati

Bitch Im Madonna

Body Shop

The ENTIRE show is obviously NOT going to be about romance with all cutesy love songs lol. Her shows are always multy-layered and have different themes. How do Iconic, Illuminati, Bitch I'm Madonna, Sorry, etc. fit the "Romance theme". She herself said that the album is about being her ROMANTIC side vs. her REBEL side.

Dress You Up

Into The Groove

Material Girl

Deeper and Deeper

Holiday

Justify My Love

Sorry

Who´s That Girl

True Blue

Cherish

Love Profusion

Dont Tell Me

Take A Bow

Music

Iconic

Unapologetic Bitch

Living For Love

Ghosttown

Heartreakcity

Hold Tight

Inside Out

S.E.X

Holy Water

Devil Pray

Rebel Heart

Illuminati

Bitch Im Madonna

Body Shop

Thanks, Glinda! Not sure how I missed this!

My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw "Spanish Eyes." I would cry to hear it sampled as part of "La Isla." :blush:

It's annoying how 'literally' some people think sometimes. Yes the theme will be romance but that's just it, it's a theme not an admission that it's going to be 90 minutes of love songs. Same with the Instagram songs she has mentioned, it's just promo, building hype for the tour but some people seem to have this unwavering obsession that it's the guaranteed set list.

According to this French website, she is going to do La Vie en Rose. I don't know about that one. Not really what I'm looking forward to. But I guess it fits the romance theme.

http://www.news-of-madonna.com/Madonna-chante-la-plus-romantique-des-chansons-francaises-pour-le-Rebel-Heart-Tour-_a569.html

Well, a lot of artists do tend to perform one or two covers in their shows so I'm not against covers per se. But I'm just not a fan of La Vie en Rose.

It's annoying how 'literally' some people think sometimes. Yes the theme will be romance but that's just it, it's a theme not an admission that it's going to be 90 minutes of love songs. Same with the Instagram songs she has mentioned, it's just promo, building hype for the tour but some people seem to have this unwavering obsession that it's the guaranteed set list.

:order:

According to this French website, she is going to do La Vie en Rose. I don't know about that one. Not really what I'm looking forward to. But I guess it fits the romance theme.

http://www.news-of-madonna.com/Madonna-chante-la-plus-romantique-des-chansons-francaises-pour-le-Rebel-Heart-Tour-_a569.html

Okay, they're either bullshitting us OR she's gonna do this one as a medley as well. I can't see her wasting more space with yet ANOTHER cover song.

English translation of "La Vie en Rose"

With eyes which make mine lower,

A smile which is lost on his lips,

That's the unembellished portrait

Of the man to whom I belong.

When he takes me in his arms

He speaks to me in a low voice,

I see life as if it were rose-tinted.

He whispers words to declare to me his love

Words of the everyday

And that does something to me.

He has entered into my heart

A piece of happiness

the cause of which I know full well.

It's him for me, me for him in life

He said that to me, swore to me "forever".

And as soon as I see him

So I feel in me

My heart which beats

May the nights on which we make love never end,

A great joy which takes its place

The trouble, the grief are removed

Content, content to die of it

When he takes me in his arms

He speaks to me in a very low voice,

I see life as if it were rose-tinted.

He whispers words to declare to me his love

Words of the everyday

And that does something to me.

He has entered into my heart

A piece of happiness

the cause of which I recognise.

It's him for me, me for him in life

He said that to me, swore to me forever.

And as soon as I see him

So do I feel in me

My heart which beats