Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

Anyway this is all academic. I'm pretty sure she knows what she has to do at this point.

Jimmy Jommy

Hey You

One More Chance

Candy Shop

Human Nature

Cilla Black cover

Guest bluejean

How GRAND is this remix and how much does it deserve to be an interlude on the Rebel Heart tour. MDNA represent!

Guest bluejean

Jimmy Jommy

Hey You

One More Chance

Candy Shop

Human Nature

Cilla Black cover

She needs to do Me Against The Music holding up a TV with Britney performing her segment

I understand that people expect more hits but it's kind of disrespectful that she apparently lost peoples attention just because she opened the show with a couple of songs from the album she named the tour after. If they left disappointed because they didn't know the songs, then that's their problem.

You never hear these kinda stories with other artists, it seems. I went to see Björk yesterday, her tour is called Vulnicura Tour because she is touring her current album and out of a 16 track setlist she played 8 new songs. In fact, the first 5 songs were all from the new album but the whole audience was in awe and loved it (as far as I could tell).

MDNA the album performed poorly with no hit single outside of the U.S. She cannot continue to devote half of her show with songs from her new album and rework her hit songs into something that a lot of the audience doesn't recognise without it eventually affecting ticket sales which is what we are seeing now on RH tour. There aren't enough hardcore fans to fill arenas over and over again. If you alienate the casual fans and gereral public you start to run into problems. People want to hear the hits in their original form. They are not really interested in Revolver which charted at number 136 an unrecognisable version of HU or interludes of songs they don't know.

Bork is a different story I would imagine her fan base is hardcore with very little causal fans and she plays smaller venues and theatres so she can get away with playing a lot of songs from her new album. Madonna is a pop star with a huge 30 year back catalouge of hit songs that people grew up with.

shes killing territories with her late starts and random album tracks .

I do feel though once the tour starts and if it's quite hit heavy the word of mouth could be good

shes killing territories with her late starts and random album tracks .

I do feel though once the tour starts and if it's quite hit heavy the word of mouth could be good

Yep. Look what's happening in LA and Vegas.

Damage ControlDonna needs to be in full effect.

I'm still fuming over I'm a Sinner on the last one . I don't care for that .

"Oh let's cut vogue down a verse but go on for ten minutes dancing on a bus video screen"

Well they're clearly labeling the opening act as 8pm this time and she'll probably be out about 10pm so we better just get used to it at this point.

If she comes on at 10pm she will be playing small theatres on the next tour

I'm already annoyed she's doing a bloody Tuesday in December and I've then got a 90 minute journey home after. If it was a weekend o would have stayed up there .

Bitch better sort herself out .

If she comes on at 10pm she will be playing small theatres on the next tour

Well, no way is she coming on straight after the opening act. So half 9 at the very earliest. But then, I'm thinking that was the plan BEFORE tix went on sale. She may have changed her tune now :bad:

Sticky and Sweet at the 02 she wasn't that late cos I was having to knock back the last of my Bolly as Oakenfold had finished . Made it just in time :wow:

Guest bluejean

I actually remember that for MDNA there were people sitting a row in front of me that actually left after her delay to come on stage before she even came out.

:lmao:

Guest bluejean

She's definitely doing Deeper and Deeper on this tour. It's dead obvious. And it ain't gonna be some ballad version :lol:

I remember being at Earls Court having a smoke outside the venue (but still inside, as the good old days) and these groups of girls and a gay were bragging how they had no spoilers and sent Madonna flowers and that they hope she did Angel.

I didn't have the heart to say she didn't . But then I had been on the vodka and may have possibly said "it ain't happening huns" (and that the flowers were in the bin)

Totally different artists and fanbases though, you must admit. Madonna IS in legacy act status at this point, and a large proportion of her attendees want to hear the hits - end of. Otherwise M will be playing to the same size live audience that Bjork does, except for $5000 a ticket, or not at all...

Of course they are different artists with different fanbases. I just picked Björk as an example because I saw her yesterday and the memories are still fresh. I'm also not disagreeing with what you guys are saying. I also believe that M is going to alienate more and more casual fans if she doesn't perform more hits and by the looks of it, she got the memo and the RH is going to be different. BUT what I don't agree with is that she should aim for a GH Tour kind of thing just because some people don't even bother to listen to her new album. If they leave a show being disappointed because they didn't know half of the setlist then that's really their problem.

Well wakey wakey, hand off snakey. Madonna is NOT Bjork. Bjork is an alternative artist with a cult following doing concerts for 2000 people. Madonna is a mainstream pop SUPERSTAR with dozens of hits performing to 15,000 plus per show including thousands of casual fans expecting hits. Very different.

Umm whatever. I never claimed that. There were about 10,000 people in the audience yesterday too, so. Björk is not Grimes or some new indie chick who had 2 albums. She is a well respected artist and attracts more non-fans that one would imagine. Anyway, let's get back to the RH Tour!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

If they leave a show being disappointed because they didn't know half of the setlist then that's really their problem.

I don't understand your reasoning. Of course it's their problem personally. But if enough people get disappointed once they won't necessarily come back again for the next tour to be possibly disappointed twice. It then becomes another kind of problem.

I'm quite surprised by the negative response of a lot of fans to S.E.X. Especially after Madonna explaining the meaning of the song in an interview. That the song is like her critic to how people use sex nowadays, with the dating apps and people hooking up so easily and being more opened to the subject. It's almost like Madonna is contemplating what herself was partially responsible for: opening up people's minds about the subject.

Should be a very interesting performance or backdrop. I look forward to it! :D