Let's talk about the MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray again, because....

Apples388

.. in retrospect, I think I'm warming up to the way it was shot?? This was Madonna's vision. She wanted it to come across that way. It's meant to recapitulate the live experience and I think it did.

I also like my no-frills concert DVDs but I really enjoy MDNA to be honest.

My only issue is the awful Miami crowd but that's not her fault now is it. :fag:

I dig the editing. The DVD was better than the EPIX broadcast with some clip differences. My only gripe visually is some of the pixelated shots during LAP. :lmao: It was like taken from a Nokia phone.

And the tour album audio. It sucked. They should've mastered it. But I still listen to it because I love the tour versions.

My only issue is the awful Miami crowd but that's not her fault now is it. :fag:

To a certain extend, it is, because remember that she was 3 hours late that night...

.. in retrospect, I think I'm warming up to the way it was shot?? This was Madonna's vision. She wanted it to come across that way. It's meant to recapitulate the live experience and I think it did.

I also like my no-frills concert DVDs but I really enjoy MDNA to be honest.

I honestly disagree. I don't think it captured what I saw at all. The show was HUGE and a visual masterpiece. The DVD is a choppy mess with unnecessary instagram looking filters.

For me its easily the worst dvd of her tours , the picture and audio quality sucks. The flat audio

The fucking instagram filters everywhere

Continuung issues in dance and the sleeves

Also the Miami crowd and arena was ugly to film

comparing to stade de france

I wish the DVD was the paris show they filmed

Youtube recording were much morr entertaining

Besides the already mentioned issues I have always felt this was a wasted opportunity to have a multi angle option. This show was meant to be shown from different perspectives. People in the golden T could not see and enjoy what the people across the stage could see and vice versa. GGW is the perfect example. Or Revolver, which looked stunning from across the stage. And the dress from Addicted. She was glowing, it was almost blinding. It doesn't look that impressive on BluRay.

For me its easily the worst dvd of her tours , the picture and audio quality sucks. The flat audio

The fucking instagram filters everywhere

Continuung issues in dance and the sleeves

Also the Miami crowd and arena was ugly to film

comparing to stade de france

I wish the DVD was the paris show they filmed

Youtube recording were much morr entertaining

I second this.

Regarding the audio... I rather listen to the leaked studio versions or some amateur recording (Amsterdam, St. Louis...) than the official released version.

How dumb is it that amateur recordings taken DIRECTLY from the audience have less screaming annoying crowds sounds than the actual official released version :lmao:

I was so embarrassed the day I bought it, popped it into the car and started blasting it and it was basically 20% Madonna, 10% bass, 30% extra sound effects and 40% looped crowd sounds. Had to close the window and turn it down a bit :rotfl:

I loved it and defended it when it came out! :rotfl:

As for now?

No thank you

The audio I can get past. S&S sounded like a shitshow too.

It's just the goddamn editing. Plus the contrast between the sharp vivid good depth of the Paris footage verses the soft blurry and grainy Miami footage. The color grading were too much. I hate the chopped up speech that sounds like M is speaking a mile a minute.

They clearly did NOT have a set plan for these filmings.

Just bring back the gardener, I BEG YOU MADONNA!!!

It's watchable, but certainly not the best. One thing I do love is the packaging and artwork for it. Especially those beautiful liner notes :inlove:

Aesthetically, my Blu-Ray and CD look so nice next to each other on the shelf. The Blu-Ray, like I said is watchable, but the CD is just flat and has no depth. I don't feel like I'm really there when I'm listening to it. I do have the CD ripped though because I love some of the tour renditions, and like to listen to them on the go. I'm using shitty headphones anyway, so it's not like I can tell a difference.

Other than the crowd noise being a bit too high, and a few too many fast, choppy edits... I have no problem with the MDNA Tour film.

Overall, it captures the show for me..and it's enjoyable.

And the same goes for S&S Tour. I actually LOVE that tour filming. No problem with the audio...and the editing looks great to me.

Overall, other than a few small details, I enjoy both tour films.

I actually think some parts were extremely well done. Most of the Transgression segment (especially Revolver and Gang Bang), the Masculine/Feminine section and some other performances (EY, I'm Addicted, GMAYL...) were captured perfectly and had a great cinematic quality to them.

However, I agree that on the other hand, they went completely overboard with the editing on many other performances. Too many filters and too hasty shots. Parts of LAP or GGW come to my mind...what a mess. The audio...well, I hope it wasn't M who approved it or else she's definitely suffering from hearing loss :chuckle:

As for S&S, yes, I too really liked the way that was shot. Obviously they didn't go for a cinematic feeling then, but it captures the show as it was without any heavy editing (except the vocals :sneaky: ...) and they did a great job at that. Filming a stadium show and having an amazing crowd obviously helped too.

Guest Rocco Papa

Madonna can do whatever she wants, but I miss the days when concerts were broadcast live in HBO. You got to watch it as it was happening, flaws and all. You got to see everything the people in the crowd saw. You felt like you were there. That's how a concert is supposed to be experienced IMO.

On one hand, advancements in technology gives us the opportunity to improve certain things. On the other hand, we lose a lot of the magic in the process.

Plus, the lack of continuity drives me nuts. I can't stand seeing her hair change a million times during TUTR or her tattoo change during LAV/LS.

Remember the defective discs that were issued? To this day I went through 3 copies and to this day still don't think they ever fully corrected the picture. I change the image setting on my tv when I play it, but still I think the darker moments of songs like Revolver and IDGA look grainy as shit.

......concerts were broadcast live in HBO. You got to watch it as it was happening, flaws and all. You got to see everything the people in the crowd saw. You felt like you were there. That's how a concert is supposed to be experienced IMO.

I agree! The first concert I saw was Drowned World, and I saw it on HBO while lying on the floor mesmerized with butterflies in my stomach. But, specifically MDNA Tour, I still think that it was a gigantic music video so I appreciate the way it was filmed.

I Hate it!!!

actually it's the only live dvd i didn´t buy

i can´t stand all the audience/fans close ups and the audio

although i love MDNA tour, i went to Nice and Santiago (my weirdest M's live experience)

Guest bluejean

I need to rewatch this, I haven't done so in afew years tbh. I remember hating the slo mo effects in Gang Bang. The audio I can live with, at least it doesn't have the tragic and very noticable pitch correction that Sticky had.

It's amazing how many fans justified all that terrible sleeve changing shit in TUTR. Same with her pants changing in GGW and God knows what else (can't even remember.) Definitely one of the all time worst. And I see the tune has changed now the dust has settled.