Body of evidence

juliebean

Yeah that's what I mean. She's far too self conscious and self aware to get immersed into a role and it shows.

She's watchable and fun in some movies (League, Dick Tracy, Susan). I think it's becuz she's basically just playing a caricature of her own image as a pop star. In Dangerous Game she was brilliant, still kind of playing herself, but seemed like she had loosened up. And let's face it Evita was a Madonna music video stretched to 2 hours.

But when she's bad, she's horribly bad. Next Worst Thing, Swept Away. Oh well. Everytime I see Madonna on celluloid it's fascinating. I actually love watching her early 90s movies becuz she's so gorgeous. From Dick Tracy all the way to Girl 6. She definitely looks like a movie star on camera.

+1

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm anastaza.

I hardly ever post anything original, though. I just like to re-blog all the things!! lol :D

oh good, im already following you from there. xo

Guest CzarnaWisnia

What about her cameo in DAD?

« Hi *blinky blink blink* my name is *blinky blink blink* Ver *blinky* ri *blink* ty *blinkblinkblink* »

Guest Pud Whacker

I love that film.

i love overboard! i watch it every time i see its on cable.

i liked her as verity. i didnt think anything was wrong with that. in fact, i liked that entire movie. :lol:

I will always remember that scene where she was pushed my William Dafoe and she just opened her legs / stuck a finger up her vag and said " It gets easier doesn't it Frank ? " .

I will always remember that scene where she was pushed my William Dafoe and she just opened her legs / stuck a finger up her vag and said " It gets easier doesn't it Frank ? " .

thats like, my saturday nights.

my favorite part is the candle wax and wine when she ties him up and says "my way" lol

thats like, my saturday nights.

Do you blink uncontrollably while doing so ?

Madonna often looks terrified in her movies. I thought she was amazing in Dangerous game although the movie itself sucked. Loved her in DSS, Evita and Dick Tracy but think her other acting performances were weak. She was too nervous and self conscious and it showed.

For me BoE is her best movie after WTG.

I could watch it again - and I've already seen it more than once.

Funny as fuck, decent storyline and she looks stunning in every scene.

When I recommend Madonna movies to people I mention BoE, WTG and Swept Away. Pretty much all the others are tough to get through IMO.

Madonna often looks terrified in her movies. I thought she was amazing in Dangerous game although the movie itself sucked. Loved her in DSS, Evita and Dick Tracy but think her other acting performances were weak. She was too nervous and self conscious and it showed.

Dangerous Game actually got some fairly decent to good reviews when it came out from major film critics that have never given Madonna such a positive mention before or since. I can understand why the director was so upset at her badmouthing, why she had to trash it so badly and so publicly I'm not sure.

Edited by elayman

the musical version? yes.

on every level. when she gets out of herself for awhile and reemerges, its always been marvelous, in the past.

lets not forget during blond ambition, she was running back and forth for editing Dick Tracy, making Vogue, doing photo shoots with Helmut Newton and Herb Ritts...all those things were a product of Breathless. she had wanted to stay brunette and begged Beatty to allow it, he said NO! :lol:

imagine life without Blond Ambition.

Yes, the musical version. Sort it out with Lloyd-Webber and bring it on. I still believe Madonna can get that Oscar! Surely if she's halfway decent (which she would be, she'd be amazing), the Academy will give her a nomination for sheer persistence.

i love overboard! i watch it every time i see its on cable.

i liked her as verity. i didnt think anything was wrong with that. in fact, i liked that entire movie. :lol:

She was brilliant, as was the song, but the film is DIRE, truly the worst Bond film ever.

Just a case of bad timing - I wish she'd done any of the previous Brosnan ones, or the subsequent Craig ones. Pity she had to be associated with the nail in the coffin of the series before the reboot.

Guest Pud Whacker

She was brilliant, as was the song, but the film is DIRE, truly the worst Bond film ever.

Just a case of bad timing - I wish she'd done any of the previous Brosnan ones, or the subsequent Craig ones. Pity she had to be associated with the nail in the coffin of the series before the reboot.

i disagree!!! usually i get bored in bond films but when its on cable, i get all involved in the story, changing his looks, and that villains all sexy and i love the DIE ANOTHER DAY remix at the party scene@!!! and MADONNA's in it!!! win win!!! :rotfl:

I think Madonna should be in a few episodes of AHS sometimes she would be a great BITCH. LOL

Second worst. A View to a Kill (a guilty pleasure of mine) takes the cake.

I'm not fond of her appearance in the film. It's clear she only did one take and left for the day. It's funny how the critics focused on her appearance alone, not only to drag the movie, but her too. It's her smirking. Way too much.

By the way, what's your favorite song from Rebel Heart?

No way!!! Then you miss her best scene in the whole movie when her character in Mother of Mirrors finally tells her abusive partner where to go. It's her best acting ever and you conpletely forget that she's Madonna. Then watching her shake and the terror in her face just as she is about to be shot is incredible. Abel truly bludgeoned this performance out of her and its a shame he fucked the movie up because it could have restored her credibility to an extent in Hollywood and created a good buzz for her. No wonder she was so pissed at him, I imagine she was devastated at the time and very anxious about the state of her career. Little did she know that she had nothing to worry about.

I agree. That was even better than the infamous "commercial piece of shit" scene...She has 3 or 4 great parts as a supporting actress after the rape sequence....The entire film actually features some of the best acting I've ever seen in my life.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/08/14/abel-ferrara-and-ken-kelsch-discuss-dangerous-game-and-madonna/

Edited by elayman

I agree. That was even better than the infamous "commercial piece of shit" scene...She has 3 or 4 great parts as a supporting actress after the rape sequence....The entire film actually features some of the best acting I've ever seen in my life.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/08/14/abel-ferrara-and-ken-kelsch-discuss-dangerous-game-and-madonna/

She's so good it's almost unsettling to watch.

She's so good it's almost unsettling to watch.

Ferrara is on record that none of Madonna or Russo's scripted lines even made it into the final cut, which is sort of difficult to believe.... but then again so are the performances. Obviously something crazy went down on that set that would break through her paranoia. fear and total lack of confidence in front of a movie camera.

Keitel was a guy who was much more comfortable in the extemporaneous, let’s not go to the danger of the dialog, school of thought. Russo and Madonna had all of their stuff memorized. I knew, everyone knew, except for these two guys, that none of that dialog would ever make it to the movie…

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/08/14/abel-ferrara-and-ken-kelsch-discuss-dangerous-game-and-madonna/#ixzz3hjPYdqZa

Edited by elayman

Guest Pud Whacker

Ferrara is on record that none of Madonna or Russo's scripted lines even made it into the final cut, which is sort of difficult to believe.... but then again so are the performances. Obviously something crazy went down on that set that would break through her paranoia. fear and total lack of confidence in front of a movie camera.

Keitel was a guy who was much more comfortable in the extemporaneous, lets not go to the danger of the dialog, school of thought. Russo and Madonna had all of their stuff memorized. I knew, everyone knew, except for these two guys, that none of that dialog would ever make it to the movie

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/08/14/abel-ferrara-and-ken-kelsch-discuss-dangerous-game-and-madonna/#ixzz3hjPYdqZa

That's why she's 'so good' in it. If you notice it's all stuff we know about her and love about her.

We accept madonna a certain way. And that is an aspect of Susan. Susan is the reason she rose ABOVE and left all her competition eating her dust. For that echoed what we saw in her initial videos, and the mythology she created about herself in print and interviews.

And it was forever immortalized on the big screen.