Madonna among 2015 gay music icons in UK

elijah

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/07/29/one-direction-gay-popular/

Using data from the YouGov Cube – our connected data vault of over 120,000 different data points, collected from over 200,000 UK adults – they compared British men who identify as gay to the rest of the population and pulled out the music artists that are most disproportionately popular among them. One Direction is now the most standout feature of gay mens’ music tastes, ahead of Kylie and Madonna.

Gaymusicicons2015.png

1D?!!! Olly Murs?!! Calvin?!!! WTF!!

George Ezra and Brandon Flowers?

New Order too?

No Grace Jones but Bette Midler is there? I think they asked ten queens in the office what's on their iPods.

Very odd list.

Hilarious that Haga is below old Kelly Minog!

What's so icon about George Ezra?!! That man has a personality of a lamp post! I bet Madonna, Kylie names were put in there to give the list credibility! Gays who voted should be ashamed!!! Lol

Guest Rachelle of London

One Direction do have a big gay following. There's even gay fan fiction dramas about the boys.

yeah. i know so many people who see her shows. from football fans to young straight looking boys, doctors, real estate agents, teachers, royals, politicians, and even some people I know who went to jail for tax fraud :lmao: in short everyone. my friend even saw her teacher there. my art teacher in HS loves her & almost showed us TOD.. (he only didn't because someone told him he already showed the movie the year before when I wasn't at the school yet :p He always gave tests about the movies he showed so imagine a TOD test in HS :lmao:

compared to say britney, cher, and other "gay icons" she has a lot of people from everywhere, all ages, all types of fields, circles, jobs..

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree. It's a way of downplaying her achievements by suggesting she has a limited audience. Of course she's a gay icon but that's not all there is to her.

I agree. It's a way of downplaying her achievements by suggesting she has a limited audience. Of course she's a gay icon but that's not all there is to her.

The thing is, she never goes on about it.

Also, before Vogue, there was never any reference to her being a gay icon or just a gay artist. It's become a way of negating a woman's achievements now. Kylie was considered a fag bangle artist way before madonna.

Only among the gays people think Madonna is that big of a gay icon.

You go her shows and gays are all front row/golden circle. The rest it's actually people from all ages and genders, races, etc...entire families too.

I was 16 years old when i first saw her and i was impressed how she attracts such a variety of people!