MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karbatal

This horrifying CUNT paid 50.000 dollars to kill a beautiful lion

As much as i detest this man, I hate it when the media piles on and covers stuff like this for days. Trying to find new angles, reporting commentary, and then reporting the comments on the commentary. I'm now just waiting for the moose whisper Palin to chime in with her inevitable support for him.

I hope for his sake he has a strong constitution and support network to deal with negative attention and temporary disruption to his livelihood. The potential for serious mental health issues or worse is pretty high.

I think back to the two Australian radio DJs that orchestrated the prank that tricked the nurse looking after Kate Middleton while she was having her baby, which led to the nurse taking her own life. The female DJ was hugely affected by it, never returned to radio, and was still in therapy for it a year or so on.

Jacket, Always love your integrity, compassion and opinions but I am not as forgiving as you regarding this cowardly murderer. One case where I could not care less what happens to him. I have him on a completely different league to the DJ's as they never intended the tragic outcome. This dentist has been paying huge money to kill animals - just for sport - and has been doing it for years and many many times. I think this is one case where hopefully people's disgust and outrage can change things. I think Cecil can become the face of stopping the revolting practice of trophy hunting for good.

I can understand the rationale of hunting vermin and pest species. If they can be killed cleanly from a distance with a rifle. If that feeds someones appetite, why not?

But to seek out a non-pest animal in its own habitat (which happens to be vastly unlike the hunters own) where it is just chilling out doing lion-things, rhino-things etc to me is abhorrent.

The fact that Cecil was maimed first and then stealthily pursued for a day or so repulses me.

I share Jacket's concern that this dentist might end up be endangered himself somehow but he will be the person responsible for it.

i agree on "As much as i detest this man, I hate it when the media piles on and covers stuff like this for days. Trying to find new angles, reporting commentary, and then reporting the comments on the commentary. I'm now just waiting for the moose whisper Palin to chime in with her inevitable support for him."

but for the rest, i couldn't care less about what will happen to this man, tbh, and if this outrage has been usuful to bring attention about hunting sports, wildlife and endangered species, well, the better....

Jacket, Always love your integrity, compassion and opinions but I am not as forgiving as you regarding this cowardly murderer. One case where I could not care less what happens to him. I have him on a completely different league to the DJ's as they never intended the tragic outcome. This dentist has been paying huge money to kill animals - just for sport - and has been doing it for years and many many times. I think this is one case where hopefully people's disgust and outrage can change things. I think Cecil can become the face of stopping the revolting practice of trophy hunting for good.

I don't forgive him, I'm not Christian so I don't have to! :p

I was more criticising the media machine than anything else. I find this guy absolutely repugnant, I just hope for his sake he can withstand what he's copping. There is absolutely no equivalency between the actions of the DJs and the animal murderer, I was only using it as an illustration of how sustained media attention can break people. I guess we will all have opinions on what is appropriate media scrutiny of private citizens.

I would love it if this tragic event leads to meaningful change in trophy hunting, not just a week of (justified) outrage. His extradition would be a first step.

I would love it if this tragic event leads to meaningful change in trophy hunting, not just a week of (justified) outrage. His extradition would be a first step.

That's what i'm hoping for, it's shocking to me that killing beautiful innocent animals could be considered a 'sport' by anyone in this day and age...

I found his 'apology' revolting, claiming that he didn't know that that lion in particular was so loved...

Hopefully he will be extridited, setting a big precedent.

A digusting, vile waste of space. Human beings are the worst. I will never understand what the point is of killing another creature for "sport". And then taking a picture next to its dead body with a big grin on your face.

A digusting, vile waste of space. Human beings are the worst. I will never understand what the point is of killing another creature for "sport". And then taking a picture next to its dead body with a big grin on your face.

The disgraced American dentist who shot and killed Cecil the lion used a gruesome picture of its corpse to try and impress a barmaid, according to reports.

Walter Palmer, who runs a practice in the suburbs of Minneapolis, showed off a close-up image of Cecil's lifeless face according to a woman who works at a nearby restaurant.

The waitress, named "Danielle," told the Daily Mirror that Dr Palmer boasted of having "broken a record" during a visit to Doolittle's Woodfire Grill in Alexandria.

"He showed me the image of the lion on his cell phone," she said.

"I was just like, oh, when he showed it to me - I pretended I was interested but I really wasn't. I didn't really know what to say."

She added: "He told me he had broken some kind of record for the biggest lion but I wasn't really that interested.

"He is old enough to be my dad."

ugh i am just so sick over this! and NOW poachers have killed cecil's brother!!!!

im DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecil the lion’s brother Jericho shot dead in Zimbabwe by illegal hunters: officials

BY MELISSA CHAN

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 2:19 PM

Updated: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 3:20 PM

Cecil the lion's brother Jericho has been shot dead in Zimbabwe by illegal hunters, officials said Saturday.

"It is with huge disgust and sadness that we have just been informed that Jericho, Cecil's brother has been killed at 4pm today," Johnny Rodrigues, head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, said in a statement. "We are absolutely heartbroken."

The uncle of the slain lion king's young cubs had been protecting the pride in Hwange National Park after Cecil was slaughtered by American dentist Walter Palmer earlier this month.

“I’m very gutted, I’m very disappointed, I’m heartbroken. It’s just too much,” Rodrigues told USA Today.

No further details of Jericho's death were immediately available.

It leaves Cecil's handful of cubs vulnerable to danger without a watchful guardian. They were alive and well as of Friday, Zimbabwe’s Director of National Parks and Wildlife Edson Chidziya said.

jericho2n-3-web.jpg?enlarged

Cecil's cubs (pictured) were being protected by his brother Jericho after their father's death at the hands of an American hunter.

The wildlife group did not immediately comment on the latest tragedy to hit the lion pride.

Saturday's sick slaying comes as Zimbabwean wildlife authorities announced the suspension of hunting lions, leopards and elephants where Cecil was killed.

The 13-year-old king of the jungle was lured out of his protected park by Palmer and local tour guides who tied a dead animal to their vehicle.

The wanted dentist — the most hated hunter in the world — paid a reported $50,000 to hunt the regal lion, who was wearing a GPS collar as part of a research project run by Oxford University.

Palmer then allegedly shot Cecil, who was considered a famed local tourist attraction, with an arrow.

The wounded animal suffered for 40 hours before its hunters finally shot him with a bullet.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Jericho was protecting Cecil's cubs when he was illegally hunted and killed by poachers :shock: Jericho with his bro Cecil (Cecil is laying down in pic)

2AFC766500000578-3182428-image-a-15_1438

SO WHATS NEXT, THEY KILL THE CUBS TO MAKE PURSES?!?!?!

SO MUCH FOR "SUSPENDING" HUNTING PERMITS

:rant:

rhonj-milania-stormsout.gif

The people monitoring Jericho say he appears to be alive, so hopefully those reports are wrong.

Sorry but homeboy needs to be shamed for as long as possible. Just like those rich Californians who carelessly overwater their lawns to keep them pristine amid a fucking drought -- a fine will not work. They can afford it. He paid $55,000 just to kill the lion. He can afford it.

Given that actual criminal action is so unlikely, thank God he's facing such social justice.

Thank goodness hopefully they can protect him and the cubs!

These fuckers should be left alone in the middle of the savanna so they would be taught what it is to be hunted...

eaten1.gif

What a mess of this world

I agree with Jacket that media coverage is taking all this out of proportion and shows just how fucked up we are. Really fucked up.

And what makes me even more angry is how stupid people are taking advantage of Cecil, like that stupid piece of shit called David Cameron, who goes and presents himself as a protector of wildlife the very same day that he describes African immigrantes as "swarm". Fuck you, Cameron and shut up.

Yesterday i say this and, really, it's true

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2015/07/maybe-black-people-should-dress-like-lions-or-how-cecil-the-lion-has-gotten-more-sympathy-than-dead-black-people/

I don't know what this has to do with black lives. Should we also state here gay rights, equal pay etc...?

We are discussing the illegal killing of a lion and should focus on that here and take up all other causes elsewhere.

Yes, but you can't go trying to protect animals, all saint and god, the very same day that you INSULT human beings. Which are animals. Some countries are expert on that: they pass on humans which are thousands of miles away, but later cry bitter tears because one tree is cut or things like that.

I was shocked at the killing of Cecil when it happened, now the media distorssion makes me wonder many things, to be fair. The first thing, is that we lament the killing of an animal, but we don't lament equally strong other things.

If people feel we should just comment on Cecil here, i can open this idea in another thread.

Yes, but you can't go trying to protect animals, all saint and god, the very same day that you INSULT human beings. Which are animals. Some countries are expert on that: they pass on humans which are thousands of miles away, but later cry bitter tears because one tree is cut or things like that.

I was shocked at the killing of Cecil when it happened, now the media distorssion makes me wonder many things, to be fair. The first thing, is that we lament the killing of an animal, but we don't lament equally strong other things.

If people feel we should just comment on Cecil here, i can open this idea in another thread.

But people always do that though. I guess it's easier to take on animal rights than human rights. The media is now turning this story into a heart tugger like the report of the killing of Cecil's brother who will care for the cubs they won't survive blah blah.

We should not complain about the outrage or publicity over Cecil's death. Poaching and the killing of endangered animals is a huge injustice and revolting practice that needs urgent action.

We should not complain about the outrage or publicity over Cecil's death. Poaching and the killing of endangered animals is a huge injustice and revolting practice that needs urgent action.

I agree and I hope more laws are set to stop this from happening again.

^is that Lady Gaga getting mauled? :wow:

It's a Gags impersonator in Die Antwoord's video "Fatty Boom Boom". The details about their 2012 video and her feud with them here.

I've seen pretty much every injustice on earth called more important than this one. Like it's a popularity contest.