Ghosttown is basically the new Bad Girl

Pablo94

Hear my out before you lynch me

Okay maybe I have oversold it to get your attention, but I Ghosttown is incredible, I fear that the Internet has made us all so jaded

Could you imagine if Vogue or Like A Prayer was release now, we would had it and be so cynical. So sad

Ghosttown is BEUATIFUL song video is amazing madonna is so sexy and her mom's pic and Lourdes pic it's later on will be classic madonna video it's better than I remember or this used to be my playground I love both those songs

Um NO! Ghosttown wishes it was a bad girl but instead is more a jimmy jimmy but just more boring :)

Ivy ! :ohmy: Always laugh when you dislike a song I love. Now 2 out of 2 my friend, as you also don't like the Power of Goodbye but all good. :lol:

I am an unashamed fan of Ghostttown. Love the song, lyrics and video. The same as how I love Bad Girl - the song, lyrics and video. Everytime I hear Ghosttown, I think what a beautiful song it is.

Only similarity is that both can be labeled as ballads. And the already-dated production I guess.

Bad Girl had a subject matter that was not the average "you left me" ballad-type, not suitable for radio at all, it wouldn't have been a big hit even without the SEX book controversy etc.

Ghosttown is her attempt in the late 2000s Ryan Tedder/Leona Lewis ballad style, would have been a hit if it was a Celebration bonus track or something...

Her voice is beautiful she sounds like Karen carpenter it's my favorite ballad and messiah

Jimster, she does have that wonderful Karen Carpenter style of singing in her ballads. Full of warmth, feeling, sadness and emotion plus we can always understand every word she sings. I think this so often - as a singer she is shamefully under-rated.

How on earth one can possibly compare Ghosttown to Bad Girl? I mean you guys having bad dreams or something? Bad Girl is legendary.. From the video to the live performance on SNL. It's such a dark and emotional song...

Ghosttown is just as good but thematically it's actually positive and uplifting. Lyrically they are at opposite ends. Musically they are both ballads but GT is a power-ballad while BG is a 90's r&b ballad.

I love this song

One of her finest ballads EVER

Pity this album is not getting any chance by radio

They wholly deserve to be played

If these songs actually got any airplay we wouldn't be having half the conversations in the charts and demo threads

You bet if Justin Bieber's handlers released those songs they'd get the shit played out of them on radio

I love this song

One of her finest ballads EVER

Pity this album is not getting any chance by radio

They wholly deserve to be played

If these songs actually got any airplay we wouldn't be having half the conversations in the charts and demo threads

You bet if Justin Bieber's handlers released those songs they'd get the shit played out of them on radio

I could see Justin singing Bad Girl.

And Jazzy you need to step up your game :) I actually see Heartbreak City as Bad Girls equivalent. Both beautiful ballads with similar dark subject matter. I would need resuscitation if she sang these two in the slow ballad section of upcoming tour. Or alternatively go for a piss and beer when she sings Ghosttown and Power Of Goodbye ;)

Bad Girl a 90s R&B ballad? At least the ballad part is correct. :) "Take a Bow" is an R&B ballad; BG, not so much.

I wouldn't compare BG and 'Ghosttown," anyhow. Both had strong videos, with the edge to BG, while "Ghosttown" gets the edge as a track.

I thought this was about the song not the video. I'm not saying BG is bad. It's good. But GT (song and video) is better for me.

I don't think the GT video is full of cliche. I think the BG video is very literal.

I just don't see them as comparable in any way.

"Bad Girl" has a mood, ambiance, and vibe that's falls in its own category. It's insanely brilliant. Her SNL performance took it to a new level. The way it began with the spotlight on her, in all black, looking vulnerable. It just mirrored how she must've felt at that time with the backlash in full force.

"Ghosttown" SHOULD have been a massive comeback single. It had all the right ingredients. I can see how LFL didn't connect, but this, this should've been it. I feel like SHE wanted it to be "the" single as well. Ah well. The performances and image she portrayed while promoting it were ON POINT.

Edited by KalamazooJay

I don't think the title of this thread fits the OP. I totally agree with the OP! The nitpicking about the most tedious things that goes on now when she releases something is nine times out of ten completely unnecessary.