Madonna's so Glamorous and Beautiful! Jane Pauley Interview July 30, 1987.

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

July 30, 1987. Madonna’s so glam & beautiful! I’ve always loved this interview with Jane Pauley for the Today Show.

tumblr_ns0g66F8oh1qlycwjo1_500.gif

:bow:

Here's the whole interview with Jane:

Stunning 1987 TV moment

"But you haven't done a lot of interviews for people to know much about you ...... "

"A lot of people that attend very expensive academies don't get to become Madonna ...... how's that possible"

tumblr_nn2cusZsqy1qlycwjo1_500.gif

I also love how protective she is of Sean

And when she said "I don't believe Mick Jagger really felt that way when he said that"

Guest Pud Whacker

Jane Pauley comes off as kind of a snob in this.

well, shes a dingle twat. ive come to love her over the years but this was madonna's first sit down, televised, in depth interview of her career.

madonna was a phenomenon. the feminists were still having a HUGE problem with her. that she dared to wear sex post the womens movement was a huge deal.

Guest Pud Whacker

Stunning 1987 TV moment

"But you haven't done a lot of interviews for people to know much about you ...... "

"A lot of people that attend very expensive academies don't get to become Madonna ...... how's that possible"

tumblr_nn2cusZsqy1qlycwjo1_500.gif

I also love how protective she is of Sean

And when she said "I don't believe Mick Jagger really felt that way when he said that"

absolute perfection!!! her poise, her everything. love her here!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

yes,but after the 87 she continued been muscled,and the zone near the neck-shoulders is not as marqued as it was in 1987

then you must absolutely abhor her Girlie Show body.

"You wore a totally totally different look just two years ago"

"Yaaaahhhh" :rotfl:

:lol:

Jane was read head to toe, she truly did not understand M and was stunned at the results!

I can't stand her voice though :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

Jane was read head to toe, she truly did not understand M and was stunned at the results!

janes? she was such a wannabe barbara walters at that time, even down to her phrasing.

well, shes a dingle twat. ive come to love her over the years but this was madonna's first sit down, televised, in depth interview of her career.

madonna was a phenomenon. the feminists were still having a HUGE problem with her. that she dared to wear sex post the womens movement was a huge deal.

Yes I think she was really surprised that Madonna wasn't the product of anyone, her point really was: "there's people with a lot more money to spare when they weren't famous, went to all the fancy "right" places, yet they're not here in the capacity you're here" and I think that bothered Miss Pauley, certainly at the time. I can't stand people with that mentality: title and money and references alone make you worthy of having any aspiration in life, however minimal. Madonna was the tough smart exception that annoyed and still annoys a lot of people

"You wore a totally totally different look just two years ago"

"Yaaaahhhh" :rotfl:

:rotfl: Yes definitely

Some of those questions and that tone in her voice of being "mystified" are almost as comical, poor and corny as Diane Sawyer's "do you think you have the moral authority to write children's books" :lmao:

That's such a provincial, limited, US Right Wing Christian thing to say. Who gave HER moral or any authority to display such a level of condescension or assumption of being more "dignified"?

RE Madonna's voice, I think it was in keeping with the dress, conversation, Nicki Finn, Marylin Monroe and her interlocutor. Minus the "Yahhhh DUH Bitch, very well spotted, do you have any questions?" followed by that huge grin :rotfl:

Love this interview and the Johnny Carson one too, she was like a little girl on Carson,so shy and sweet, on this one she's like a hollywood star from the golden years

Loved her S$5 dress, how articulate she was and her whole demeanour during the interview. Just so beautiful. I really didn't mind Jane that much even though she did come across as comical at times, as XXL mentioned.

A joy to watch this interview!

xpvSCvjv.gif

3oogvSEJ.gif

1987 Madonna = Amazing.

End of story!

Loved that NBC gave us this full version a few years back - they used like just a couple of minutes of it in 1987 - and that was it!! It took about 20 years until we got all of that!

And does anyone know anything more about Madonna and the Nicaraguan Contras?

She talks about giving money to them at about 21:10 in the interview - and then when asked further says "none of your business" after looking at Melissa.

I never heard Madonna mention Nicaragua anywhere else ever in the 1980s.

Guest Pud Whacker

1987 Madonna = Amazing.

End of story!

Loved that NBC gave us this full version a few years back - they used like just a couple of minutes of it in 1987 - and that was it!! It took about 20 years until we got all of that!

And does anyone know anything more about Madonna and the Nicaraguan Contras?

She talks about giving money to them at about 21:10 in the interview - and then when asked further says "none of your business" after looking at Melissa.

I never heard Madonna mention Nicaragua anywhere else ever in the 1980s.

yeah it was a three part interview on NBC back in the day.

ive never heard of her speak of it before or since.