Why Wasn't "Heaven" and "Queen" on The Final?!!! I'm beyond Baffled!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

As much as I adore the song, it's almost a shame Queen leaked. Could you imagine how utterly gasp inducing if that was the last song on the final Madonna album? It would multiply it's haunting vibe by a million. Idk if Madonna would allow it (lol) but what a way for the eternal queen of pop to end her final album.

Queen has to see the light in some shape or form, it is beautiful. Heaven sounds promising, but needs some work.

I love Heaven. With some more polished and finished production, it would be amazing. Just seems to need some extra oomph as sounds like a demo ( which it is of course ) Great song though and would love to hear a completed version.

Queen would make such a dramatic end to a concert, Madonna being killed onstage and being carried off in a coffin,as the male voice boomed out "May God bless you all!". Would be a bit of a bummer though!

I love Heaven. With some more polished and finished production, it would be amazing. Just seems to need some extra oomph as sounds like a demo ( which it is of course ) Great song though and would love to hear a completed version.

Agreed, Janelle! "Heaven" is haunting, yet lovely. Would need a little development to be a final version, but the raw material is solid.

Queen would make such a dramatic end to a concert, Madonna being killed onstage and being carried off in a coffin,as the male voice boomed out "May God bless you all!". Would be a bit of a bummer though!

:ohmy:

My first reaction to this idea was sheer horror. Then, I thought ... Wow, that would really be different for her. She tends to like to send people out in a joyful, unified kind of mood. BUT THEN, I thought ... she could do something very sad theatrical like that -- but follow up with her resurrection for the ENCORE! :laugh:

Come to think of it ... "Lament" was a wonderful moment on RIT, with fantastic vocal delivery (and it was one of her favorite moments, she said, because she got sit/rest on stage) ... but it seemed strange (after having seen the "Die Another Day" video with the scary moment of thinking she may have been executed, then seeing her magical escape) that there was very little pyrotechnics and no death-defying miracle. The electric chair just lowered below the stage. It seemed kind of odd in the staging -- but I accepted it because 1.) seeing Madonna 'die' on stage (even for pretend) would be too disturbing and 2.) the beauty of "Lament" in her performance didn't need any extra staging theatricality. Curious as to whether anyone else ever had any quizzical puzzlement over the electric chair on stage for RIT, though. Haven't thought about this for a LONG while -- but I remember wondering about it a little bit at the time.

As much as I adore the song, it's almost a shame Queen leaked. Could you imagine how utterly gasp inducing if that was the last song on the final Madonna album? It would multiply it's haunting vibe by a million. Idk if Madonna would allow it (lol) but what a way for the eternal queen of pop to end her final album.

ok hypothetical

But I dont think anyone here is alive when her final album comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trust No Bitch and Queen are the only demos I really miss a lot on the final track list - but then again they sound like mastered versions/I love them just the way they are.

"Trust No Bitch" is FIERCE! I absolute love it.

QUEEN is definitely outtake material so I understand but HEAVEN is fantastic and is full on album material - however, I can understand why it's not on the album because it doesn't fit the vibe of the record really. It would have worked maybe on Music or Ray of Light or even MDNA but not Rebel Heart.

What's the deal with "Queen"? I remember someone on here saying it wasn't actually recorded during the RH sessions? I find that hard to believe, since it doesn't sound like it fits with any other era, but sonically and lyrically it's right in line with what she did with RH. But it's also not listed on the Wikipedia page of Madonna's unreleased songs. All of the other demos are included in the list of leaks.

Any clue?

What's the deal with "Queen"? I remember someone on here saying it wasn't actually recorded during the RH sessions? I find that hard to believe, since it doesn't sound like it fits with any other era, but sonically and lyrically it's right in line with what she did with RH. But it's also not listed on the Wikipedia page of Madonna's unreleased songs. All of the other demos are included in the list of leaks.

Any clue?

It was meant to be on Rebel Heart. Her website listed it as part of the super deluxe track listing for like 3 months until it was finally updated in June

• 4 months later...

I'm sure Heaven will be released, she cannot just leave this song and move on to another EDM DJ for her next album... Tears of a clown is what make me think about it, she obviously into american life ans ray of light, Heaven is the perfect first track for a new musical era

Queen came with the very first leak of the official tracks, so it looks like it was planned on the album

I listen to Queen constantly

Queen is so good. I love its dramatic tune.

It could easily be a final song of this tour.

Sad this beautiful piece of art didnt make it to the album or to an movie soundtrack