Hold Tight - new single on Italian radio stations!

I think it's pretty standard dance-pop, but it will probably work well on European radio. It'd be nice to see it have some kind of effect on the album (via the charts).

It's kind of sad to think the LP will likely be pretty dead worldwide by the time the tour hits Asia/Australia.

I think this is a good choice but Inside Out would be the best, certainly not DP which covers the gothic territory of GT.

Hold Tight or Inside would be both great for US singles and probably better choices than DP even though fans understandably love it. Either way M has a lot of fantastic tracks to choose from.

:/ the one with MNEK is 10 times better than the watered down Gwen Stefani recycled album version

Yes. It's the only demo that I think is far superior to the album version

This bullshit that you peddle about RoL sounding dated is asinine. The album is lush in the sounds it offers and is incredibly well produced and written. You need to go sit down

No, the production is now dated. William Orbit bleeping sounds are dated no matter how "well" it was produced at the time.

Bedtime Stories is more current than ROL.

No, the production is now dated. William Orbit bleeping sounds are dated no matter how "well" it was produced at the time.

Bedtime Stories is more current than ROL.

Yeah, definitely. Several songs on ROL sound now dated and WAY overproduced like Sky Fits Heaven or Little Star (though Orbit did not touch the latter)...

It's 17 years old so of course it sounds dated. Doesn't mean it's not brilliant.

Wow- 17 years sounds so long ago! Madonna was so so so far ahead of the curve. I think she may have even started the curve. No one (in her league) was even *THINKING* about music like ROL in 2007. It felt like pure club fun hitting the mainstream (which she's pretty much done over and over again). ROL feels better to me than most current music- so innovative while still being hugely popular. Brilliant.

Edited by BroncoE

Go listen to Baby Don't Lie from 2014 which was also produced by Ryan Tedder lol

yeah agree with you. Hold tight immediately made me think of Baby don' t lie!!! Both tracks are good and quite the same ....

I've already heard it boo. Other than a few possible production similarities... they're two different songs.

This.

I was one of the only two persons who downloaded Baby Don't Lie around the world. There are some similarities (probably the instrument used in the beat) but the two songs don't sound similar. You have to be deaf to think so.

This.

I was one of the only two persons who downloaded Baby Don't Lie around the world. There are some similarities (probably the instrument used in the beat) but the two songs don't sound similar. You have to be deaf to think so.

Yes, just listened to it again and there's something about the beat, but for me that's it. Doesn't sound similar at all apart from that.

Could it be that Madonna chose to remove the background vocals because she might only want that for LFL?

MNEK himself said that he was taken off LFL after the December leak (but not really ??) so I assume he was also scaled back and removed as a feature on HT to change that for rush release in Feb. Hopefully the original full vocals will still make it to a remix. Why they weren't more prepared with this song in particular I'm not sure. :/

Edited by elayman

I wish so many topics didn't have to delve into demo talk (especially for this particular song). I understand the thoughts on the demo, but if we are talking about it being a single in a part of the world, let's just accept the final song! For the love of Goddess!! lol

I wish so many topics didn't have to delve into demo talk (especially for this particular song). I understand the thoughts on the demo, but if we are talking about it being a single in a part of the world, let's just accept the final song! For the love of Goddess!! lol

Well what is done is done but because this was the only song she produced alone it is a bit unfortunate how things turned out.

Well what is done is done but because this was the only song she produced alone it is a bit unfortunate how things turned out.

How unfortunate? The song's brilliant. I want a post-Ghosttown meets American Life kind of video, a postwar Madonna whose only hope left is love. And this can be the mood for the RH tour! oh, ad I envision some rope dancing a la Human Nature, and tying in the image of the RH album cover.