Madonna in the new movie Pixels?!?

ryan

Can anyone confirm this??

Apparently M appears in the movie in the form of interviews of her from 1984 that are like edited by the evil aliens to send a message to earth. That's what some of the reviews are saying. I will have to look for a receipt.

rSo, the aliens received a tape from 1982. But then they reference things that happened after 82, like Max Headroom. Is that just a concession you have to make in a movie for a joke?

Its funny you mention Max Headroom. We debated about that a long time because we did have to cheat slightly because hes not 1982. But, again, its such an interesting way to go and its funny and its great. And I thought, well, some people will you, particularly will get that its not 1982. And I think the Madonna clip might be 84.

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/07/chris-columbus-pixels-gremlins-goonies-interview/

OT side note: they sell some birthday cards for the year you were born which has events and stuff from that year on it, 1984 has a pic of Madonna. I'd say Madonna was more 1985, that's when she really blew up, post-LAV which was the end of 84.

Max Headroom is the shit Kryten. So fucking dated!

It's true, a friend of mine saw the movie already and he told me about this, it's from the 'i want to conquer the world' interview he said.