Rolling Stone Magazine Special Edition- It's Here...

Camacho

Some older stans feel left out that is why they can't seem to fully embrace her music now. They are always bringing up the past and shit. Stuck in the 80's basically and that is a shame.

Dave, I do understand what you are saying as have seen these ex fans in action on other forums. However, don't let them put you off loving the 80's stuff. Those fans get flushed here so don't let them get you annoyed. Some ex fans are also stuck in the Ray of light, confessions era. Sad but their loss.

Honestly, American media overuses her iconic eighties photos even though she continue to always look fantastic and stay very relevant to this day. At the same time, the media shows those eighties photos because the American public loves them and brings back amazing memories for many.

Its a COMMEMORATIVE magazine. Do you witty bitty way of wighters know what that means? They want to shift some magazines. Putting a picture of her in 2003 ain't gonna do it.

The ones that feel left out are the ones that want their awakening represented. I don't feel left out of anything. I've been there since the inception.

Don't massacre me because the art directors agree with me. Take it up with Rolling Stone.

don't come off condescending...they could easily lift an image from blond ambition or girlie show or her bedtime stories era...

i completely understand it. besides, do you REALLY think we wouldn't buy it regardless of what image they used...it's a Madonna specific magazine, only of Madonna. casual readers aren't going to go out of their way to buy it unless they are "fans"

Guest Pud Whacker

don't come off condescending...they could easily lift an image from blond ambition or girlie show or her bedtime stories era...

i completely understand it. besides, do you REALLY think we wouldn't buy it regardless of what image they used...it's a Madonna specific magazine, only of Madonna. casual readers aren't going to go out of their way to buy it unless they are "fans"

i wouldnt. in fact, there was a Q magazine special, i believe, that thad this disgrace on the cover - i walked right by it never to look back.

dahlen_%2810%29.jpg

no thanks. im not here for babs ciccone.

oh please it's a special edition with 97 pages of her entire career...this is not the same that magazine and i wouldn't expect a shitty pic either. she has striking imagery throughout the 90's as much as the 80's and even the 2000's

Guest Pud Whacker

oh please it's a special edition with 97 pages of her entire career...this is not the same that magazine and i wouldn't expect a shitty pic either. she has striking imagery throughout the 90's as much as the 80's and even the 2000's

so was the q magazine and i like i said, i had no interest. and trust me, either did the public.

the next time youre at the supermarket look at the LIFE magazine retrospectives of elvis, marilyn, paul mccartney, etc. theyre not going to use this:

2015PaulMcCartney_Press_060315.article_x

theyre going to use this:

PaulMcCartney.jpg

unless, of course, we follow nick00's logic that in afghanistan or the like they would buy anything.

i wouldnt. in fact, there was a Q magazine special, i believe, that thad this disgrace on the cover - i walked right by it never to look back.

dahlen_%2810%29.jpg

no thanks. im not here for babs ciccone.

Pud, don't you like this picture ? I think she looks beautiful. Shows we all have different taste though. The one cover I hated was the one where she looked like an alien ! I think it was for Out magazine if I remember correctly. I do love all of her covers for Rolling Stone, Vanity fair, Vogue, Interview and Cosmopolitan.

Guest Pud Whacker

me too ana!!! yes living!!!

omg i have it!!! its FABULOUS!!! they have the flesh or fantasy pictorial and interview. every part of her career!!! from detroit until now!!!!

when you open it, its the david lachapelle two page spread of her throwing fire!!!

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo2_500.jpg

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo3_500.jpg

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo4_500.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

Pud, don't you like this picture ? I think she looks beautiful. Shows we all have different taste though. The one cover I hated was the one where she looked like an alien ! I think it was for Out magazine if I remember correctly. I do love all of her covers for Rolling Stone, Vanity fair, Vogue, Interview and Cosmopolitan.

no, i wasnt a fan of her julia roberts "im a normal person - look everyone" period. ive grown to have an appreciation of it over the years because its her and i love everything. some things A LOT more than others.

that said, i just rewatched The Next Best Thing - and i quite liked it. but my god, the only think i kept saying was PUT ON SOME LIPSTICK WOMAN!!! :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

they have all the cover stories in there from 84 until the last one. and they have a top 50 of her best songs, videos...little blurbs of this and that. im waiting to look through it thoroughly. but thats what ive gathered.

Guest Pud Whacker

heres the back cover!!! (oh god, why did they have to use a photo from the 80's there, too?!! - i mean god, couldnt they have used something from the 90's? anything. :cries: ) shes big now, too!!! SHE IS.

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo5_r1_500.jpg

:inlove: the ENTIRE magazine is her and NOTHING else. :thumbsup:

I'm so excited for this!! Perfect timing too! The cover is perfect. A retrospective like this could only have an image from the '83-'90 period! I love her current/recent music and images but the importance of that 7 year period can't be understated. I don't think some younger fans realize just how massive she was then. It was on a whole different level than any period of her career after that. She created some of her best art in the 90's and beyond but she DEFINED the 80's. MJ was her only real "competition" in that department.

heres the back cover!!! (oh god, why did they have to use a photo from the 80's there, too?!! - i mean god, couldnt they have used something from the 90's? anything. :cries: ) shes big now, too!!! SHE IS.

tumblr_nu30l5Co3M1qlycwjo5_r1_500.jpg

:inlove: the ENTIRE magazine is her and NOTHING else. :thumbsup:

wow so beautiful. How much was the magazine ?

Ugh! Couldn't they use 90's picture for the cover? Like she is soo much more than a fucking 80's singer why are they stuck in that decade when it comes to her? Annoying!

Ugh!

And , like, Sean Connery is the best Bond. Oh my god, and he's, like, from the fucking 60s.

Ugh!

And , like, Sean Connery is the best Bond. Oh my god, and he's, like, from the fucking 60s.

Yes, he is the Best James Bond ever.

I can't wait to get this book. Hope it will be available in Australia ASAP. Madonna and Rolling Stone pictures - perfection.