A thread about a lame award show no one cares about

Madge was truly snubbed in 1989 when EY lost in all major categories to Paula Abdul.

And in 1990 when Vogue lost in all major categories to Sinead O'Connors crappy video.

For sure she criminally lost out those years - but she was nominated heavily in all the major categories both 1989 and 1990.

In fact Vogue broke the record for the most VMA nominations from one video in 1990.

1993 they really ignored her!

I mean how can LAV (Tod Movie Clips Video) be nominated for BEST FEMALE VIDEO in 1991 - yet Bad Girl, Rain, Deeper & Deeper or Fever not get nominated in 1993. That did it for me with the VMAS! :-)

Madge was truly snubbed in 1989 when EY lost in all major categories to Paula Abdul.

And in 1990 when Vogue lost in all major categories to Sinead O'Connors crappy video.

But I thought we were discussing the NOW, not 25 years ago? Oh wait, that is more relevant for this after all. :chuckle:

Not nominating Ghosttown shows it's not about the videos at all. Actually, it's been like that for 20 years. Award shows used to give awards based on quality. It's just a popularity contest now. It's sad.

Thankfully, the queen stays humble unlike bitter and motor mouth Nicki Minaj!

Cause she basically doesn't give a flying shit about those awards. I mean how many vmas do you think she has?! The fans making big deal about her not being nominated to the M(ediocre)TV awards are just dumb.

Cause she basically doesn't give a flying shit about those awards. I mean how many vmas do you think she has?! The fans making big deal about her not being nominated to the M(ediocre)TV awards are just dumb.

She's always been very cool with awards and chart stats unlike Kanye, Mariah etc.

And just as I thought she has the most VMAs of anyone - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video_Music_Award#Most_wins_overall

Although Beyonce is catching up :grr: that awful song/video 7/11 should not be there.

Well... seriously I felt like the VMAs are just sucking up to those who are hot right now... its not able works or merits anymore.... thus better off not be nominated.... anyways... m videos are never subjected to receiving awards even when they are great!!

as long as they don't give those VMAs to beyonce. she's already so overrated and getting all the awards. not that taylor isn't. but even though i can't stand her and everyone buys her shit, I feel like people are outspoken about her. beyonce got in that "she's a legend she's a queen she can't do no wrong" label out of nowhere, and getting awards for that shitty iPhone video edited by her 4yr old in iMovie would be such a slap in the face to Ghosttown and a lot of other great videos and artists. also i think she may get more vma's than madonna then and I don't need those fans of hers/media to rub that in M's and our faces

Remember when they bought like a zillion awards for Britney and she won for that video turd Gimme More??? Hahaha

It was Piece of Me,2008 Vmas was basically a Britney pity party

For sure she criminally lost out those years - but she was nominated heavily in all the major categories both 1989 and 1990.

In fact Vogue broke the record for the most VMA nominations from one video in 1990.

1993 they really ignored her!

I mean how can LAV (Tod Movie Clips Video) be nominated for BEST FEMALE VIDEO in 1991 - yet Bad Girl, Rain, Deeper & Deeper or Fever not get nominated in 1993. That did it for me with the VMAS! :-)

to be honest as great as the 1993 videos were she was in downfall then after SEX, it was more shocking in 1989-1990 when she was at the peak of her career.

And now EY and VOGUE are on top of lists videos of all time..no one remembers the winners.

It's a CRIME she wasn't nominated after releasing three GLORIOUS music videos back to back. I thought for sure MTV would come through for "Bitch I'm Madonna". The technical execution of BIM alone should have made it a strong contender for several nominations. The BIM video reminded me of "Birdman" in the fact that it felt like one flawless continuos take. I hope she performs at the VMA's and kills it. That's the biggest way to say fuck you: With another killer performance. Drop the mic and walk off the stage...leaving the provincials and wannabes wanting more.