People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

What is this...tumblr?

For the record, and speaking only for myself, my comment put "cunt" in quotes not because I, or anyone here, thinks she is "female scum of the earth" or however else you want to define that word when used in a derogatory context...but in this world, when a woman (or a minority of any kind - POC/Queer/Trans) unapologetically speaks their mind, they unfortunately get called derogatory words. And the uniquely strong (often with a very irreverent and ironic sense of humor) take those words and reclaim them. They own it. They redefine it. Now Madonna herself may not usually use the word "cunt"...but she sure as hell uses the word "bitch" quite liberally. And anyone with a lick of sense in their head knows the context of how she's using that word. It's like that old quote "I'm tough, ambitious, and know exactly what I want...if that makes me a bitch, so be it".... and that's how I was defining the word "cunt"...that's why I said "if" telling the truth, having a (rational) point of view, and not bullshitting makes one a "cunt" or "bitch" or "faggot" or whatever else...the strong say, so be it. Because they know the real truth of who and what they are.

Everything else is just an argument in subjective feelings and semantics..."cunt", "bitch", etc...they're all derogatory words, it's just that as a culture, we've gotten used to redefining the word 'bitch' is so many ways we're probably less sensitive to it. But at their core, what's the real difference? If you simply don't like the word, that's understandable...if you want to constantly debate the severity of words, good luck to you in this world.

No one here is intending to demean her in any context. In fact, just the opposite. That should be more than clear. This woman has owned her brutal honesty for 30+ years. And we've seen how society has treated her because of it. Does that actually make her a "cunt" or "bitch" or whatever else...of course not. But she knows how the game is played...so she takes it back, and owns it. If anything, it's a reflection of her punk roots. And that's why so many of us love her. And it's what separates her from all her peers.

(can't even believe I had to write all that...)

That's where I was coming from earlier. Intent was not to be sanctimonious or word police, just expressing a personal opinion about the usage of the word from my perspective as a woman.

Madonna knows who she is and owns all of it, and I have always loved that she's unapologetically honest. She's formidable, confident and the absolute best.

I really appreciate your post, and I guess one woman's "bitch" is another man's "cunt"!

Guest Rachelle of London

That's where I was coming from earlier. Intent was not to be sanctimonious or word police, just expressing a personal opinion about the usage of the word from my perspective as a woman.

Madonna knows who she is and owns all of it, and I have always loved that she's unapologetically honest. She's formidable, confident and the absolute best.

I really appreciate your post, and I guess one woman's "bitch" is another man's "cunt"!

Thank you

I LIVE for finding messes like this in random Madonna threads. :rotfl:

This is so true on so many levels. Remember when I said Madonna planned the RH leaks? Remember the fucking flak I got? We've known her antics for too long. And anyone who still thinks the RH leaks wasn't planned is fucking stupid.

Yes, she is a cunt. And we love her for it.

:doodlemanson:

Seems some folks build up their own image of who or what Madonna 'really' is, and then they can only see things through that paradigm. Combine that with taking words only on surface level, with a complete disregard for context or intent, and they're forever going to be offended.

THE post of the century.

Madonna is a three dimensional person (like most of us here) and can be capricious. And just like us, she ages and changes, and says things in the moment she might regret later or not.

Madonna is a three dimensional person (like most of us here) and can be capricious. And just like us, she ages and changes, and says things in the moment she might regret later or not.

Exactly. She has many different layers as a person and also as an artist. The most interesting pop star of all time - personality wise and also with her musical out-put.

No we are not all the same. We are all equal in worth as human beings and that includes between celebrities but we have different values and different ideas and different ways of conducting ourselves and if you think Madonna is on the same level as people who make a habit of making thoughtless comments your wrong.

That's the mentality today. One worker can come in goof off and basically do whatever they want and another can come in and work all day get paid the same but gets treated the same as the goof off or sometimes worse if they don't entertain the others. Nothing is rewarded today and is there no justice for people who basically do as they please.

It kinda baffles me she had to diss Whitney and Mariah back in the 90s cos I always thought it was that spoilt bitch Mariah that arrogantly came for M first. What M said was right tho.