People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

I think the best thing about Madonna is she's never been afraid to say what she wants to say when she wants to say it. But sometimes that can get her in trouble. Madonna is human. At one point Whitney and Mariah were at the top of her game and she very well could have felt threatened and jealous of their success because she felt she was a better artist. That's perfectly okay, honestly. She's not a robot, and I certainly wouldn't expect her to be the type of person who kisses up to everyone and pretends to be a fan of her peers to stay on good graces. She's never been that way.

I don't understand why some fans are offended by the notion that Madonna may have felt threatened. She's not perfect. Well she may be to us because we're loons but she's not. It's something I'm sure every artist has felt in reference to their peers and competition. Really, would we love Madonna as much as we do if she was a Taylor swift? Nope. It's not a bad thing.

I think

You guys just need a little bit of the Duchess Cathy Dennis in your life

Ugh, just fabulous

I love Cathy Dennis <3 I've recently discovered her music and her contributions to Pop music <3 Honestly been having this video remix on repeat for weeks now *obsessed* I notice she does a bit of vogueing in this video and her video for "Just Another Dream" . Such a talented lady :) Edited by Johnny Angel

What is this...tumblr?

For the record, and speaking only for myself, my comment put "cunt" in quotes not because I, or anyone here, thinks she is "female scum of the earth" or however else you want to define that word when used in a derogatory context...but in this world, when a woman (or a minority of any kind - POC/Queer/Trans) unapologetically speaks their mind, they unfortunately get called derogatory words. And the uniquely strong (often with a very irreverent and ironic sense of humor) take those words and reclaim them. They own it. They redefine it. Now Madonna herself may not usually use the word "cunt"...but she sure as hell uses the word "bitch" quite liberally. And anyone with a lick of sense in their head knows the context of how she's using that word. It's like that old quote "I'm tough, ambitious, and know exactly what I want...if that makes me a bitch, so be it".... and that's how I was defining the word "cunt"...that's why I said "if" telling the truth, having a (rational) point of view, and not bullshitting makes one a "cunt" or "bitch" or "faggot" or whatever else...the strong say, so be it. Because they know the real truth of who and what they are.

Everything else is just an argument in subjective feelings and semantics..."cunt", "bitch", etc...they're all derogatory words, it's just that as a culture, we've gotten used to redefining the word 'bitch' is so many ways we're probably less sensitive to it. But at their core, what's the real difference? If you simply don't like the word, that's understandable...if you want to constantly debate the severity of words, good luck to you in this world.

No one here is intending to demean her in any context. In fact, just the opposite. That should be more than clear. This woman has owned her brutal honesty for 30+ years. And we've seen how society has treated her because of it. Does that actually make her a "cunt" or "bitch" or whatever else...of course not. But she knows how the game is played...so she takes it back, and owns it. If anything, it's a reflection of her punk roots. And that's why so many of us love her. And it's what separates her from all her peers.

(can't even believe I had to write all that...)

I think the best thing about Madonna is she's never been afraid to say what she wants to say when she wants to say it. But sometimes that can get her in trouble. Madonna is human. At one point Whitney and Mariah were at the top of her game and she very well could have felt threatened and jealous of their success because she felt she was a better artist. That's perfectly okay, honestly. She's not a robot, and I certainly wouldn't expect her to be the type of person who kisses up to everyone and pretends to be a fan of her peers to stay on good graces. She's never been that way.

I don't understand why some fans are offended by the notion that Madonna may have felt threatened. She's not perfect. Well she may be to us because we're loons but she's not. It's something I'm sure every artist has felt in reference to their peers and competition. Really, would we love Madonna as much as we do if she was a Taylor swift? Nope. It's not a bad thing.

I don't think Madonna was threatened at all. It's not hard to understand her frustration at being verbally abused for what she thought an honest artist would be towards everyone while the princesses who are nice to the right people and have no interest in anything but being number one in everone's hearts get all the praise. I would imagine she felt it was unfair and that's the reason she spoke about a lack of an opinion from other artists. It's hurtful when you know you actually care about people and have an interest in society and all you get is hate for it. I think Madonna most likely resented being the bad girl all the time while others got praise. Like can someone back me up here or show a little strength besides me? It's annoying not threatening.

Guest Pud Whacker

Cunt is the new Bitch. in the 80's women wouldn't say Bitch. :rotfl:

Unapologetic Cunt

Cunt, I'm Madonna

Cunt, Get Off My Pole

I think Madonna is an honest artist. I don't think I've verbally abused her. I'm throwing the word "cunt" around the same way she throws the word, "bitch".

Is there a difference? I believe there was a time when there was a difference. But there's not anymore. I believe that's a sad thing.

Guest Pud Whacker

I think Madonna is an honest artist. I don't think I've verbally abused her. I'm throwing the word "cunt" around the same way she throws the word, "bitch".

Is there a difference? I believe there was a time when there was a difference. But there's not anymore. I believe that's a sad thing.

only to a cunt, theres a difference. :rotfl:

youre fabulous webo, youre my favorite. :thumbsup:

I don't think Madonna was threatened at all. It's not hard to understand her frustration at being verbally abused for what she thought an honest artist would be towards everyone while the princesses who are nice to the right people and have no interest in anything but being number one in everone's hearts get all the praise. I would imagine she felt it was unfair and that's the reason she spoke about a lack of an opinion from other artists. It's hurtful when you know you actually care about people and have an interest in society and all you get is hate for it. I think Madonna most likely resented being the bad girl all the time while others got praise. Like can someone back me up here or show a little strength besides me? It's annoying not threatening.

Jesus christ

Guest Rachelle of London

Sad that such a vile word is thrown about like nothing. People use it in everyday situations now.

What is this...tumblr?

For the record, and speaking only for myself, my comment put "cunt" in quotes not because I, or anyone here, thinks she is "female scum of the earth" or however else you want to define that word when used in a derogatory context...but in this world, when a woman (or a minority of any kind - POC/Queer/Trans) unapologetically speaks their mind, they unfortunately get called derogatory words. And the uniquely strong (often with a very irreverent and ironic sense of humor) take those words and reclaim them. They own it. They redefine it. Now Madonna herself may not usually use the word "cunt"...but she sure as hell uses the word "bitch" quite liberally. And anyone with a lick of sense in their head knows the context of how she's using that word. It's like that old quote "I'm tough, ambitious, and know exactly what I want...if that makes me a bitch, so be it".... and that's how I was defining the word "cunt"...that's why I said "if" telling the truth, having a (rational) point of view, and not bullshitting makes one a "cunt" or "bitch" or "faggot" or whatever else...the strong say, so be it. Because they know the real truth of who and what they are.

Everything else is just an argument in subjective feelings and semantics..."cunt", "bitch", etc...they're all derogatory words, it's just that as a culture, we've gotten used to redefining the word 'bitch' is so many ways we're probably less sensitive to it. But at their core, what's the real difference? If you simply don't like the word, that's understandable...if you want to constantly debate the severity of words, good luck to you in this world.

No one here is intending to demean her in any context. In fact, just the opposite. That should be more than clear. This woman has owned her brutal honesty for 30+ years. And we've seen how society has treated her because of it. Does that actually make her a "cunt" or "bitch" or whatever else...of course not. But she knows how the game is played...so she takes it back, and owns it. If anything, it's a reflection of her punk roots. And that's why so many of us love her. And it's what separates her from all her peers.

(can't even believe I had to write all that...)

Yeah you definitely didn't have to. I don't think the main problem is with the word CUNT. I think it's just that people are saying "well she's a cunt/bitch, always has been, just leave it at THAT" when she actually, you know, had something of importance to say. Less about the word, more about people not being able to see where Madonna was coming from.

Idk some people are so simple. I don't really have a problem with the word cunt unless someone is using it just because she's a woman.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah you definitely didn't have to. I don't think the main problem is with the word CUNT. I think it's just that people are saying "well she's a cunt/bitch, always has been, just leave it at THAT" when she actually, you know, had something of importance to say. Less about the word, more about people not being able to see where Madonna was coming from.

Idk some people are so simple. I don't really have a problem with the word cunt unless someone is using it just because she's a woman.

youre an ugly fucking stupid cunt. :rotfl:

did i use it right?

beauty's where you find it.

greta garbo...

rita hayworth gave good face.

Guest Pud Whacker

Simple as simple gets.

cause were only here to love like theres no tomorrow...

stupid cunt.

did i use it right?

Ok so we are now making this about the importance of what Madonna said? She called Mariah Carey dumb (paraphrasing) and said she would kill herself if she were her. I have to agree with that. But polite or simply opinionated those words are not. They're also pretty rude. And with the word rude, will come lots of other adjectives, none of which are meant to insult the woman who we all gather to worship here on a regular basis. I can't believe the tumblr/ social justice warriors/ word police have now infiltrated the Madonna community.

So when Madonna is rude to interviewers or laughs right in Carlton's face when he says that Mama Makeup might've been fucked up the ass last night unbeknownst, Madonna is just being opinionated and speaking her mind? we wouldn't dare call her a bitch for that cuz we're revealing ourselves as woman hating misogynists? Give me a fucking break people.

Madonna has said multiple times this year that policing words like bitch is getting pretty tiresome. No one called her a cunt here and meant it with malice. The worst part is that you all know that, yet you're trying to pretend otherwise.

I love Madonna the BITCH or the CUNT or whatever you wanna call her. Madonna is not my fucking next door neighbor from Sherman Oaks CA. She's the queen of pop. I welcome her tirades and her rude moments.

Ok so we are now making this about the importance of what Madonna said? She called Mariah Carey dumb (paraphrasing) and said she would kill herself if she were her. I have to agree with that. But polite or simply opinionated those words are not. They're also pretty rude. And with the word rude, will come lots of other adjectives, none of which are meant to insult the woman who we all gather to worship here on a regular basis. I can't believe the tumblr/ social justice warriors/ word police have now infiltrated the Madonna community.

So when Madonna is rude to interviewers or laughs right in Carlton's face when he says that Mama Makeup might've been fucked up the ass last night unbeknownst, Madonna is just being opinionated and speaking her mind? we wouldn't dare call her a bitch for that cuz we're revealing ourselves as woman hating misogynists? Give me a fucking break people.

Madonna has said multiple times this year that policing words like bitch is getting pretty tiresome. No one called her a cunt here and meant it with malice. The worst part is that you all know that, yet you're trying to pretend otherwise.

I love Madonna the BITCH or the CUNT or whatever you wanna call her. Madonna is not my fucking next door neighbor from Sherman Oaks CA. She's the queen of pop. I welcome her tirades and her rude moments.

That's what I was trying to say...but you said it better.

What about those times in TOD when she said 'fag'... are we supposed to get up in arms about that?

She uses the word 'bitch' as much as a Christian says Jesus. :laugh:

That's what I was trying to say...but you said it better.

What about those times in TOD when she said 'fag'... are we supposed to get up in arms about that?

She uses the word 'bitch' as much as a Christian says Jesus.

Her persona in ToD and all her infamous snippy moments on camera seem to go out the window when it comes to the topic of Madonna Vs. other pop stars. Madonna suddenly becomes Princess Di and the pop stars she dissed become Piers Morgan or Smellton.

I think Madonna's feuds are hilarious becuz she comes out swinging and always has fun with it. Everyone else seems to take it comically seriously.