People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

1995 era Madonna felt really true to herself and I feel she didn't care to speak up her mind. Nowadays she thinks it over much more. So I think deep down that's what she feels about Mariah. Her comments that she loved Mariahs album in 2008 felt unauthentic, but I might be wrong. On the other hand it felt like she always liked Whitney.

Angie Jolie criticizing David's adoption and later claiming that shit was taken out of context and many positive things she said were omitted.

I feel this isn't entirely true unfortunately

It is true, u can't argue what people said 15 years later when Madonna ridiculed them first in public.

Let's not rewrite pop history, Madonna went in first & felt threatened at least commercially.

you all can either take it or leave it.

im just telling it as it is. how it played out.

the reason why mariah said that awful comment at the press conference is because madonna laid into her in spin magazine. this was 95/96. thats why the journalists at the press conference asked her about that.

Yep. Cuntdonna was life :inlove: Pre K she didn't mince words or use (the expert) Liz for throwing shade. Remember the ppl she savaged on the legendary Arsenio Hole 1990 appearance. :rotfl:

Mariah at least shown her true colours there, obsessed with charts.

It is true, u can't argue what people said 15 years later when Madonna ridiculed them first in public.

Let's not rewrite pop history, Madonna went in first & felt threatened at least commercially.

She also had a go at Whit and Mariah, suggesting they don't have opinions in NME 95, presaging Spin.

She also had a go at Whit and Mariah, suggesting they don't have opinions in NME 95, presaging Spin.

Scandalous! Earthshattering! Suggesting women have an opinion! Totally warrants ridiculous insults! Problem people have with Madonna is the truth hurts doesn't it?

I'm not even getting into this. I am a fan of Mariah and was a huge fan of Whitney but spare me the rewriting of history when speaking of Madonna going in on people. She did not and I remember plenty.

Hmmm........Madonna, however right she may have been, was pretty harsh with her words in regard to Mariah. She basically said she was stupid with no point of view and that she would rather kill herself than have to sing Mariahs stupid songs. If I were on the receiving end of a comment like that, I would probably feel a bit insulted by it too...lol. Prior to that, I don't recall either one of them commenting on each other. I have to say, Mariahs "comeback" to M's comment is pretty classic.....lol.

With Janet, well.......Madonna kinda threw the first punch there too......."bite your tongue". I know that's M's sense of humor more than actual shade on display but again, if I were on the receiving end of that I might be like "hold up bitch! What?" However, Janet's "comeback" seemed unnecessarily harsh. Supposedly Janet's shade had more to do with something that happened between M and MJ than any actual "diss" by M.

I never thought Madonna felt "threatened" by any of these women. I think her comment about Whitney and Mariah stemmed from anger more than anything. This comment was in throes of Madonnas upswing after the Sex backlash. She was taking musical and artistic risks and was "punished". Meanwhile, these two ladies were making some of the most sappy, safe, middle of the road songs and were being praised left and right, selling a ton of albums. As an artist that probably pissed her the fuck off and felt it was unfair in a way.

Guest Pud Whacker

absolutely and she wasnt having it.

i remember all her shenanigans!!! shes a master! how she handled cyndi, boy and annie in 84 up to lady ugly and everybody in between. as an archivist, you cant alter the truth. one must always remember what was going on the peripheral to maintain perspective on each given period.

shes always, to me, behaved like an athlete. they are competition and she is going to obliterate them on the field, so to speak.

Guest Pud Whacker

Hmmm........Madonna, however right she may have been, was pretty harsh with her words in regard to Mariah. She basically said she was stupid with no point of view and that she would rather kill herself than have to sing Mariahs stupid songs. If I were on the receiving end of a comment like that, I would probably feel a bit insulted by it too...lol. Prior to that, I don't recall either one of them commenting on each other. I have to say, Mariahs "comeback" to M's comment is pretty classic.....lol.

With Janet, well.......Madonna kinda threw the first punch there too......."bite your tongue". I know that's M's sense of humor more than actual shade on display but again, if I were on the receiving end of that I might be like "hold up bitch! What?" However, Janet's "comeback" seemed unnecessarily harsh. Supposedly Janet's shade had more to do with something that happened between M and MJ than any actual "diss" by M.

I never thought Madonna felt "threatened" by any of these women. I think her comment about Whitney and Mariah stemmed from anger more than anything. This comment was in throes of Madonnas upswing after the Sex backlash. She was taking musical and artistic risks and was "punished". Meanwhile, these two ladies were making some of the most sappy, safe, middle of the road songs and were being praised left and right, selling a ton of albums. As an artist that probably pissed her the fuck off and felt it was unfair in a way.

yeah and the whole janet thing how she acted all innocent to kurt loder during the No Bull. but we all knew. :rotfl: how she slung shit in her 91 advocate article...

shes a case and i love every second of it.

I'm not even getting into this. I am a fan of Mariah and was a huge fan of Whitney but spare me the rewriting history when speaking of Madonna going in on people. She did not and I remember plenty.

Rewriting history? LOL. The nerve. Now who's doing that? As per usual you've completely missed the point. OK then, Madonna is a perfect individual who's never had a bad word to say about anybody.

Guest Norig

i remember so many people LOVED cokedupboy though.. I never got it so I never interacted with the guy.

Cokedupbabyboy? He is/was a fan. He's just outspoken and a cute grump :)

Rewriting history? LOL. The nerve. Now who's doing that? As per usual you've completely missed the point. OK then, Madonna is a perfect individual who's never had a bad word to say about anybody.

Obviously you have, on your quest to sway opinion. Instead of giving your account why don't you print word for word what was actually written or said from the beginning. Before you ask me to print it, remember I am not accusing anyone

of anything.

Madonna did not sit around making unprovoked comments about people as you are trying to suggest. Making a comment does not make you "a person who comments on people," it makes you human. I have looked at other people's jobs and said I would kill myself if I did that. An expression. In other words, I couldn't live with myself. I have seen people reword what she actually said but I simply don't have the time to constantly research articles to print word for word but I do remember her meaning.

If your going to make grand statements about what she said then let her do the talking. Seeing what you want to see isn't everyone's experience. My point that you don't seem to get is Madonna was not one to sit around making comments about people and the vibe I get from you is that is exactly what you want people to think and that is not true.

...and of course she has to be the extreme if she's not the person you are trying to make her out to be. Okay she's an angel, she wears a halo on her head. :rolleyes:

What Madonna has said in that interview is nothing compared to the vitriol thrown at her constantly since the start. Mariah and Janet are two puppets who have been graced with a career through family and marriage. They saw an opportunity to indulge the press in taking digs at Madonna

Madonna 1992 was no longer "welcomed", "relevant" once a Democrat was in the WH and the "austere" years of Reagan and Bush Sr were over with and the media, particularly in the US was out to destroy her

Both Mariah and Janet jumped at the chance to play along with the ageism and classlessness accusation bandwagon in the hope it would damage her career, yet the following years perfectly exemplified where they were coming from with those remarks, expecially Janet who's always fantasised about being a match to her brother's fame on the female front and she was downright barred from it simply because she doesn't have the intelligence, eloquence, education nor interest to pursue and convey what Madonna did through her fame and she made it transcend the sphere of music

You can't deny the fact that she's been much more often at the receiving end of envious, malicious comments dripping with condescension and contempt than the other way around, not just from female acts of course. What about Suzanne Vega? Did she "trash" her too in Spin magazine? And the list is endless.

As for the "commercially threatened" part I don't see how since she sold more copies than they did throughout the 90s, which is supposed to be both Mariah and Janet's peak decade. Madonna sold less copies in 1992 but in terms of fame and relevance in a wider debate that stepped right outside of music there is no comparison, even at her "lowest" point in her career they just wished, hence the bitterness

Obviously you have, on your quest to sway opinion. Instead of giving your account why don't you print word for word what was actually written or said from the beginning. Before you ask me to print it, remember I am not accusing anyone

of anything.

Madonna did not sit around making unprovoked comments about people as you are trying to suggest. Making a comment does not make you "a person who comments on people," it makes you human. I have looked at other people's jobs and said I would kill myself if I did that. An expression. In other words, I couldn't live with myself. I have seen people reword what she actually said but I simply don't have the time to constantly research articles to print word for word but I do remember her meaning.

If your going to make grand statements about what she said then let her do the talking. Seeing what you want to see isn't everyone's experience. My point that you don't seem to get is Madonna was not one to sit around making comments about people and the vibe I get from you is that is exactly what you want people to think and that is not true.

...and of course she has to be the extreme if she's not the person you are trying to make her out to be. Okay she's an angel, she wears a halo on her head. :rolleyes:

:janetflop:

Why don’t other successful women in pop – the Whitneys and Mariahs – speak out for the things they believe in?

“Well, pop is short for popular and to remain popular you can’t have a point of view or be outspoken. To remain popular you can’t go against the grain. Janis Joplin, at this time, in this world would not be a popular artist. Chrissie Hynde does not sell as many records as somebody like Mariah Carey. And that’s because Manah Carey and Whitney Houston don’t have a f**ing point of view.”

Whitney had one about you, didn’t she – she said that she’d kill her children if they turned out like you.

Madonna arches her brows coolly. “I’ve never heard either of them say anything horrible about me. But if they have, it’s completely transparent why. It would be based on jealousy of the fact that I have a point of view. I think that its an artist’s responsibility to have a point of view. Society takes its cue from popular art. People need something to look to, something to provoke them into questioning whether they completely hate something or completely love something. Perhaps somebody like Mariah Carey wishes she could make that happen. On the other hand,” she smiles nastily, “if you’re not terribly bright I suppose that you don’t really give a damn.”

and here's your receipt: http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

:chuckle:

you should see what she has to say about courtney love...

Thank you god for ACKO.

:janetflop:

Why dont other successful women in pop the Whitneys and Mariahs speak out for the things they believe in?

Well, pop is short for popular and to remain popular you cant have a point of view or be outspoken. To remain popular you cant go against the grain. Janis Joplin, at this time, in this world would not be a popular artist. Chrissie Hynde does not sell as many records as somebody like Mariah Carey. And thats because Manah Carey and Whitney Houston dont have a f**ing point of view.

Whitney had one about you, didnt she she said that shed kill her children if they turned out like you.

Madonna arches her brows coolly. Ive never heard either of them say anything horrible about me. But if they have, its completely transparent why. It would be based on jealousy of the fact that I have a point of view. I think that its an artists responsibility to have a point of view. Society takes its cue from popular art. People need something to look to, something to provoke them into questioning whether they completely hate something or completely love something. Perhaps somebody like Mariah Carey wishes she could make that happen. On the other hand, she smiles nastily, if youre not terribly bright I suppose that you dont really give a damn.

and here's your receipt: http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

:chuckle:

you should see what she has to say about courtney love...

Excellent! Now people can make up their own minds what to make out of that. The difference between a criticism and an insult.

As for Courtney Love was Madonna not suppose to complain about someone calling her three o'clock in the morning? How shocking!

:) Now your assignment can be to list everything people have said about Madonna. Hope you have all the free time you can spare.

She has said some catty things about other people: FACT. If you say otherwise then you're just a :crazy: super loon who belongs on Icon forums,

She never was a saint. What about the unprompted comment about Toyota Jackson and especially Sinead O'Connor and when she said "have you seen her recently" about Joan Collins when asked if she was worried about all the affairs of Warren Beatty. :wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch:

Guest Pud Whacker

Excellent! Now people can make up their own minds what to make out of that. The difference between a criticism and an insult.

As for Courtney Love was Madonna not suppose to complain about someone calling her three o'clock in the morning? How shocking!

:) Now your assignment can be to list everything people have said about Madonna. Hope you have all the free time you can spare.

thats not all of it, theres 33 YEARS of it. get with it, kiddo.

Guest Pud Whacker

She has said some catty things about other people: FACT. If you say otherwise then you're just a :crazy: super loon who belongs on Icon forums,

She never was a saint. What about the unprompted comment about Toyota Jackson and especially Sinead O'Connor and when she said "have you seen her recently" about Joan Collins when asked if she was worried about all the affairs of Warren Beatty. :wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch:

exactly being a cunt was part of madonnas charm.

I can't with the SAINT MADONNA BRIGADE.

She came for Marrana first, that's well documented, Marrana came back just as hard, and that was that. And I agree with what she said about Mariah. I haven't had any problem with Madonna's shady side, ever, and in fact I kinda love it. Idk why people are trying to act like she's Lil Miss Sunshine all of a sudden.

Guest Pud Whacker

I can't with the SAINT MADONNA BRIGADE.

She came for Marrana first, that's well documented, Marrana came back just as hard, and that was that. And I agree with what she said about Mariah. I haven't had any problem with Madonna's shady side, ever, and in fact I kinda love it. Idk why people are trying to act like she's Lil Miss Sunshine all of a sudden.

im with you but you cant blame the parrots, she perpetuated it. when she heard about karma pre ROL and that it might actually be real, she freaked. :lol:

on back to her roots with rupert she was running around NY asking everyone "i was nice and polite, wasnt i?"

and then she made Im Going to Tell You a Secret to dispel Truth or Dare.

1367259368969767_animate.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna being a cunt now and then got her to where she is today!!!

it was the best bit!!! and now theyre trying to remove it?

revisionists!!! smh