People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

Who cares about her Instagram being an artistic success?? Weren't people just saying that people are being too optimistic because she's not a chart force anymore? So now she should be the Instagram dominator? Girl bye. Instagram will be replaced with something in a few years and join MySpace and Napster in the Internet graveyard.

Again, out of touch, out of mind.

Huh? Who said she needed to dominate instAgram? I know I sure as fuck didn't.

Huh? Who said she needed to dominate instAgram? I know I sure as fuck didn't.

Maybe that was hyperbole but n e ways I'm going to bed y'all girls tire me out more than the new Lana song. I'll leave my door unlocked for u doe...

The same kind of criticism she's getting now for "not acting her age" or doing things like BIM is all very reminiscent of the 90s "why does she have to use sex to sell her music" rhetoric. Which is not much different than the previous era's "why is she using so much violence in her work"....to the previous "she hates America...keep the politics at home liberal bitch"...to the previous "oh god, she's so preachy now with all this spiritual shit", etc...

I think the defensiveness and protectiveness towards her now is because all those voices seem much louder than they use to for all the obvious reasons. Couple that with the come down from her commercial dominance at this point...and I think it puts a lot of folks on edge.

I feel like this is the Erotica-period of this stage in her career. This was never going to be a project that was universally loved and understood. We saw sides of this coming out in the MDNA Tour. It's the battle she feels she has to fight at this stage in her life, and who better else to do it. I think the nature of social media/internet, and particularly the rise of the pseudo-intellectual leftist politics of the social justice crowd are really the main contributors to the kind of rhetoric we're hearing so much of now. It was the conservatives of the 90s...and now it's the PC identity politics of the rising young extreme-left. She refuses to bow to either, and if anything, just goes to show how fucking bad-ass this woman is...and how important this era will be a decade or more from now.

I'm so glad Madonna is not playing respectability politics at this point in her career. This IS Madonna. Always was...always will be.

The same kind of criticism she's getting now for "not acting her age" or doing things like BIM is all very reminiscent of the 90s "why does she have to use sex to sell her music" rhetoric. Which is not much different than the previous era's "why is she using so much violence in her work"....to the previous "she hates America...keep the politics at home liberal bitch"...to the previous "oh god, she's so preachy now with all this spiritual shit", etc...

I think the defensiveness and protectiveness towards her now is because all those voices seem much louder than they use to for all the obvious reasons. Couple that with the come down from her commercial dominance at this point...and I think it puts a lot of folks on edge.

I feel like this is the Erotica-period of this stage in her career. This was never going to be a project that was universally loved and understood. We saw sides of this coming out in the MDNA Tour. It's the battle she feels she has to fight at this stage in her life, and who better else to do it. I think the nature of social media/internet, and particularly the rise of the pseudo-intellectual leftist politics of the social justice crowd are really the main contributors to the kind of rhetoric we're hearing so much of now. It was the conservatives of the 90s...and now it's the PC identity politics of the rising young extreme-left. She refuses to bow to either, and if anything, just goes to show how fucking bad-ass this woman is...and how important this era will be a decade or more from now.

I'm so glad Madonna is not playing respectability politics at this point in her career. This IS Madonna. Always was...always will be.

It's so weird to see older fans being so surprised by things in the RH era. I think that's one of the weirdest and most surprising things about the era lol. I guess Madonna still can shock her own fans, especially the long time ones.

Wonderful post

a_560x03.gif

:clap: :clap: :clap:

yes but.. the difference is that they didn't say the music is shit. (for Bitch Im Madonna). the controversy in the 90s was about her image not her music. her music always did well

yes but.. the difference is that they didn't say the music is shit. (for Bitch Im Madonna). the controversy in the 90s was about her image not her music. her music always did well

It really doesn't matter whether the "criticism" is about her music or her image...they both prove my point.

And the early 90s work was criticized music-wise (even if it did alright). Hell, there's always been those who have criticized the music as well as the image. It's been that way since day one.

Madonna has always been criticized and picked apart by the mainstream press - as has her music despite having hit songs that everyone loved and knew. I know well as had the scrapbooks with articles about her since 1984. I had scrapbooks of other artists as well and noticed that virtually every press piece about them was positive while Madonna was ripped apart in most of them. Today, it is no different but there is now added pressure as people are so obsessed with bringing up her age and for some unknown reason older woman are always picked apart and ridiculed. Plus social media bring the haters right into everything - not to mention the social warriors who get offended at everything.

In saying that though, Madonna has weathered every storm and all the hate thrown at her. She has so many fans from different ages, sexes and nations. Something we should always celebrate. Don't let the haters win - that is what they want.

amenyeshallelujahlauryn-hillsister-act-2

Guest Rachelle of London

Seriously how awesome is VogueMusics post! Preach.

I think the biggest issue with some fans especially ones that have been a fan for years they've conformed to societys idea of what and how they should be behaving as they get older and Madonna hasn't.

her instagram could be a complete artistic and commercial success. she is known as one of the greatest visual artists and so on, it would be marvelous if she used her social media to engage her audience in her creativity. like for example, right now how wonderful would it be if she put cool 15 second videos of her band rehearsing the songs, or the dancers and choreographers. her notes, her process. everyone would love that.

Ugh, it's instagram, not the Art Forum. People use it to upload sexy "artistic" selfies and pictures of their food.

You of all people should know that Madonna releases this one second:

maxresdefault.jpg

And two seconds later

madonna-dear-jessie.jpg

And she's silly as fuck

130702135623-stripesstyle-19-horizontal-

She doesn't sit around all day saying omg I'm such an artiste like pretentious ass Jeff Koons or her douche bag best friend Lady Gaga. Have you seen an interview with Jeff Koons? I'm going to create art today. Art Pop. In my artistic opinion. Art is a reflection of... I eat, breathe, dream art. Ugh, thank the lord Madonna isn't like that.

for a very long time she had zero competition and now it seems she has several. instead of keeping up and forging forward, she just might have lagged behind. you know what i mean?

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Who in the world, out of her "competition" is using Instagram more effectively? Katy Perry? Lady Gaga? Miley Cyrus??? That italian girl who hates America?

Screen-shot-2013-07-01-at-9.58.38-AM.png

Lady-Gaga-Asia-Tokyo-Japan-World-Tour-25

Miley-Cyrus-Floyd.jpg

They're ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL a bunch of average mediocre bitches who use Instagram to upload douche bag selfies with their pets with 0 artistic vision like a bunch of plain janes. How fucking artistic. Madonna has fallen WAY BEEEEHIND HER COMPETITION.

She's not an underground artist with all the time in the world to spend 2 weeks on uploading 1 perfect video to Instagram and she's not lame enough or desperate enough to hire someone to run her instagram just so she can come of as an artistic artiste. She's literally on her iPhone uploading whatever shit she thinks is funny or interesting or inspiring. That's 10 times more interesting and hilarious than having a cold, plastic instagram account that's run by an Instagram expert who uploades super expensive, flashy videos and adds 90,000,000 fake followers to come off as a commercial success

Everyone's titled to their opinion, but seriously, you guys are basically saying Madonna has lost it because she doesn't upload artistic videos to Instagram. For the love of God.

WHY I LOVE MADONNA ULIZOS THOSE PICS YOU POSTED I LOVE HER INSTAGRAM SHES NOT NO FAKEASS SHE POST WHAT SHE WANTS SHE DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANYONE THINKS YOU CAN ALL SHOVE UP YOUR ASS BITCHES

Guest Pud Whacker

really? wow. after all these years...

just forget i said anything. i always forget were in different time zone, different cities, different backgrounds, different ages, different experiences, different everything. people get too defensive.

i love madonna, shes fabulous.

MORE MORE MORE!!

I LOVE IT ALL!!!

lets just keep it at that.

:inlove:

wtf happened? I called Pud a cunt and then ended up agreeing with him and now you're all disagreeing with us. :lmao:

(oh and btw I love pud and he knows that.)

this has got to be the weirdest topic ever. lets just say that with all her "messy" and funny posts she could also add a few posts of rehearsals (like the guitar video of whole lotta love) to get the tour hyped. just like she teased us when she made Rebel heart.

LOVE & PEACE FOR ALL

Imagine how shit everything would've been had there been the internet of today during the Like a Prayer, or even worse, the Erotica era.

There should've been more burning crosses. The crosses should've been a little more to the left. Her hair, not feeling it, too dark. I don't know about that haircut. What about that dress? Looks so cheap. Ugh, that black jesus could've been hotter. He's so meh.

Ugh, the Sex Book. Where do I begin? First of all, what the fuck is up with that font? Clearly she should've used Hel whatever the fuck size 22. She's clearly lost it. And that shot where she's eating a pizza, naked? I mean, are you going to be artistic or not? Choose one or the other? Also, sex? Again, we fucking get it, Madonna, you love sex, we want something more adult, more ballads. How More now. Vanilla ICE!?!??! What a sell out. And clearly she should've been on a late night show on MONDAY, not Tuesday. Nobody watches late night TV on a Monday. WTF

That's this era in a nutshell. One long constant complaint after another disguised as "oh, I'm just giving you my opinon, am I not entitled to my opinion" Yes, yes you are, but the video has been out for 53 seconds, please let us enjoy it before you start sharing your opinion with all of us. :rolleyes:

Guest Pud Whacker

Imagine how shit everything would've been had there been the internet of today during the Like a Prayer, or even worse, the Erotica era.

There should've been more burning crosses. The crosses should've been a little more to the left. Her hair, not feeling it, too dark. I don't know about that haircut. What about that dress? Looks so cheap. Ugh, that black jesus could've been hotter. He's so meh.

Ugh, the Sex Book. Where do I begin? First of all, what the fuck is up with that font? Clearly she should've used Hel whatever the fuck size 22. She's clearly lost it. And that shot where she's eating a pizza, naked? I mean, are you going to be artistic or not? Choose one or the other? Also, sex? Again, we fucking get it, Madonna, you love sex, we want something more adult, more ballads. How More now. Vanilla ICE!?!??! What a sell out. And clearly she should've been on a late night show on MONDAY, not Tuesday. Nobody watches late night TV on a Monday. WTF

That's this era in a nutshell. One long constant complaint after another disguised as "oh, I'm just giving you my opinon, am I not entitled to my opinion" Yes, yes you are, but the video has been out for 53 seconds, please let us enjoy it before you start sharing your opinion with all of us. :rolleyes:

yes, im quite well aware of that. :lol:

i mistook being within the confines of real fans as a safe heaven for open and free discussion. i realized too late that its no different than being on the DailyMail.

Seriously Pud? You've torn me and everyone apart for sharing our opinions since day one the second we don't agree with you.

Shut it, farckle. What would you know, you're a Mexican from the 909, I'm from LOS FELIZ. You were pooping your diapers 5 years into Madonna's career. Us REAL fans.

Me: I'm not really feeling that Justin Timberlake song.

You: IT'S 100% 80'S MADONNA YOU'RE A FARCKLE YOU DON'T KNOW GO LISTEN TO BJORK

:rolleyes:

15 years later: Oh, I'm just sharing my opinion. Peace and love everyone! XOXOXO LOVE YOU GUYS

Guest Pud Whacker

if i write something at 10 pm PST and then someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed in Afghanistan after hearing their mother being beaten and fucked all night by a Palestine in the next room and they read my post...its not going to end up well. were not going to have a civilized discussion! :rotfl:

if i write something at 10 pm PST and then someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed in Afghanistan after hearing their mother being beaten and fucked all night by a Palestine in the next room and they read my post...its not going to end up well.

There we go, the REAL XOXO PEACE AND LOVE Pud

Guest Pud Whacker

Seriously Pud? You've torn me and everyone apart for sharing our opinions since day one the second we don't agree with you.

Shut it, farckle. What would you know, you're a Mexican from the 909, I'm from LOS FELIZ. You were pooping your diapers 5 years into Madonna's career. Us REAL fans.

Me: I'm not really feeling that Justin Timberlake song.

You: IT'S 100% 80'S MADONNA YOU'RE A FARCKLE YOU DON'T KNOW GO LISTEN TO BJORK

:rolleyes:

15 years later: Oh, I'm just sharing my opinion. Peace and love everyone! XOXOXO LOVE YOU GUYS

yup, ive got a lot of history. i hear it and see it and am reminded of it everyday here. things i have completely forgotten.

if you wanted an apology for my bad behavior in the past, all you have to do is ask.