People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

That cunt raised his hand for a shake and when Madonna went to take it he dropped it then he made fun about the whole thing on twitter and retweeted mean tweets. He did not backtrack or say anything good about her afterwards.

i havent seen your criticisms, so maybe you didnt see mine over the years. or maybe what we love sounds louder than what we dislike! i certainly hope thats the case.

ive always been so vocal, so i dont see why this album is different. but it is. im still trying to figure it out psychologically and i will come up with something.

i keep coming back to the 'changing of the guard' and even though fans might not be consciously aware of this, subconsciously they must know. things we could rely on are no more. maybe thats why theyre more 'protective' of her at this time more than ever.

"the first single will hit the charts" well, no longer. i guess. bummer.

all her contemporaries are either dead or out of sight and mind. i used to love that she was held next to 18-30 year old newcomers but now i think it might be a disservice.

mtv is over, kurt loder is gone, david letterman is retired, arsenio cant find an audience. so we have none of those interviewers to rely on anymore. the only one she kind of developed a relationship since the '00's with was Cynthia McFadden and she wasnt invited this time around. liz is retiring. freddys long gone. careese killed herself. everyones upset with Guy Oseary.

now its all about social media. she seems to be a bit out of touch with that.

theres a lot and i love it all. even dissecting all this stuff.

I agree with you. I don't like the prospect of how things are just like you

with the "rebel" songs and being compared to younger girls I don't think its doing her favours. I rather her being in the bowie category and loved for her talent instead of mocked. But at the same time I love that she's a fighter and doing her own thing and it's inspiring. that she still gets so many views for a song is great. but @ the same time it's for a song I personally don't think is doing her justice so it my gain bad attention to her

and yes, deadmau5 is weak. he couldn't say no to hugging her and standing next to her but online he had to be "cool" and seem as if he still hates her cuz you know, she's a pop female

That cunt raised his hand for a shake and when Madonna went to take it he dropped it then he made fun about the whole thing on twitter and retweeted mean tweets. He did not backtrack or say anything good about her afterwards.

This, deadmouse is a cunt

I too have noticed how Madonna fans have become a lot more moany and humorless this era. During MDNA and Hard Candy it was fair game to point out all of Madonna's shortcomings whether it was career decisions or something as minuscule as what she wore to the gym (which is ridiculous mind you, but I'm just pointing out how much things have changed).

Now people get attacked for something as clearly understandable as getting their overseas vacation plans ruined becuz Miami got rescheduled. Some people even insult you and try to prove you wrong if you point out ticket sales in the USA are selling slowly even tho the evidence is clear as day. It gets weirdly personal around here now.

I think the hypersensitivity is totally in line with people not willing to accept that Madonna's days of unquestionable hype and chart power are behind her. Personally I'm fine with how things have gone this era. The album is good, not my favorite of all time or anything, but good. Videos are great. She's beautiful and still an incredible performer and interview subject. The flopping is unfortunate and undeserved but what's done is done. Nothing lasts forever. Madonna's weird relationship with social media is perhaps my only issue that I wish she'd try and rectify.

I feel like I have the right amount of love and support for her that any fan would, and also the right amount of criticisms. Yet me and a lot of other fans on here often get chewed out for having anything critical to say. I can tell you for certain it wasn't always like that on here.

I'll always love Madonna and she will never take second fiddle to any of the current morons burning up the charts now. Madonna is so far ahead of them I can't even picture anyone ever having her kind of impact ever again. It's just not possible. But she's also a human being and I'm not comfortable treating her like a messiah who does no wrong. That's a little too Michael Jackson or Lady Gaga fandom for me.

I mean we have people on here who haven't liked any of Madonna's work for years and years yet still post on here to merely hear themselves talk and air out their own weird negative agendas and dirty laundry. I'd go after them instead of longtime fans who still love Madonna and her music despite sometimes having a bone or two to pick.

This place is not like other Madonna forums filled with negativity. There has been healthy discussion and criticism here about this entire era and the only people whining about sensitivity and that bullshit have been hawking out of touch, odd, and sometimes downright insane criticisms that aren't a popular opinion of the forum...so then they throw tantrums about who is a *real* fan or a better fan or a monster because they have an OPINION OMG :rotfl:

So call posters a Pollyanna for the positivity towards Madonna and do all that passive aggressive type shit and just delete yourself cause I hear the Tribe is looking for some new whining ass bitches.

MNATION!

Guest Pud Whacker

I agree with you. I don't like the prospect of how things are just like you

with the "rebel" songs and being compared to younger girls I don't think its doing her favours. I rather her being in the bowie category and loved for her talent instead of mocked. But at the same time I love that she's a fighter and doing her own thing and it's inspiring. that she still gets so many views for a song is great. but @ the same time it's for a song I personally don't think is doing her justice so it my gain bad attention to her

and yes, deadmau5 is weak. he couldn't say no to hugging her and standing next to her but online he had to be "cool" and seem as if he still hates her cuz you know, she's a pop female

totally! i always want madonna to do her own thing but that doesnt mean im going to like it all the time.

i remember when she was softening her public image in 95 to erase the bad taste and get the public ready for Evita. at that moment in time, i was horrified - you know working with David Foster and stuff. i thought it was all adult contemporary and even with evita, i was like "oh no, shes heading into barbra territory!"

it wasnt until years later that i truly loved and appreciated evita. in fact, it was on the boards that it happened because a lot of younger fans came aboard at that time. they liked all the publicity and magazine covers and mtv coverage. they were on spice girls and britney. they opened my eyes and ears to a lot of stuff i would have otherwise completely ignored.

madonna is always inspiring. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

I too have noticed how Madonna fans have become a lot more moany and humorless this era. During MDNA and Hard Candy it was fair game to point out all of Madonna's shortcomings whether it was career decisions or something as minuscule as what she wore to the gym (which is ridiculous mind you, but I'm just pointing out how much things have changed).

Now people get attacked for something as clearly understandable as getting their overseas vacation plans ruined becuz Miami got rescheduled. Some people even insult you and try to prove you wrong if you point out ticket sales in the USA are selling slowly even tho the evidence is clear as day. It gets weirdly personal around here now.

I think the hypersensitivity is totally in line with people not willing to accept that Madonna's days of unquestionable hype and chart power are behind her. Personally I'm fine with how things have gone this era. The album is good, not my favorite of all time or anything, but good. Videos are great. She's beautiful and still an incredible performer and interview subject. The flopping is unfortunate and undeserved but what's done is done. Nothing lasts forever. Madonna's weird relationship with social media is perhaps my only issue that I wish she'd try and rectify.

I feel like I have the right amount of love and support for her that any fan would, and also the right amount of criticisms. Yet me and a lot of other fans on here often get chewed out for having anything critical to say. I can tell you for certain it wasn't always like that on here.

I'll always love Madonna and she will never take second fiddle to any of the current morons burning up the charts now. Madonna is so far ahead of them I can't even picture anyone ever having her kind of impact ever again. It's just not possible. But she's also a human being and I'm not comfortable treating her like a messiah who does no wrong. That's a little too Michael Jackson or Lady Gaga fandom for me.

I mean we have people on here who haven't liked any of Madonna's work for years and years yet still post on here to merely hear themselves talk and air out their own weird negative agendas and dirty laundry. I'd go after them instead of longtime fans who still love Madonna and her music despite sometimes having a bone or two to pick.

oh yes, it was great. even when we disagreed about the album sequences or cover art (Confessions!) or what she was wearing, we would all have a good time with it. there were always a few nasty ones but they were the minority.

the personal attacks are bizarre. its like "wait.. what? why are you talking about my family life and where i live?" i thought we were talking about that scene in the video?" :rotfl:

i was wondering the other day if madonna ever took the internet seriously. because like you said, she has an odd approach with it. on one hand she was marvelous, the exact opposite of prince. if we want to see Blond Ambition, its there on youtube. or videos or interviews - she hasnt intercepted. in that regard, shes cool.

but at this particular moment in time, her fame is longer in the internet than it was without it. 1983-1996 - 13 years. 1996- 2015 - 19 years. i dont know if she has acclimated well. if you asked me 9 months ago, i would have had a different answer.

her instagram could be a complete artistic and commercial success. she is known as one of the greatest visual artists and so on, it would be marvelous if she used her social media to engage her audience in her creativity. like for example, right now how wonderful would it be if she put cool 15 second videos of her band rehearsing the songs, or the dancers and choreographers. her notes, her process. everyone would love that.

for a very long time she had zero competition and now it seems she has several. instead of keeping up and forging forward, she just might have lagged behind. you know what i mean?

Yeah I think the social media corner of the Internet took off too fast for her to even get a grasp of which is understandable, the woman works 365 days a year so why the hell would she care about facebook?

I actually think she's too good for social media but that's just me :lol:

Anyway, Stephen idk if you were insinuating I was calling everyone here a Pollyanna since your post came right after mine, but that's definitely not the case. This is easily the best Madonna forum and I wouldn't change a thing. I just happen to think that the atmosphere has gotten a little uptight in the last year or so and like Pud I was wondering why that is. I mean the Drake fiasco was treated almost like a funeral on here.

I have very minute criticisms of Madonna and the only time I truly got pissed at her in recent times was when she rescheduled all those shows. I got over it of course. But I wasn't allowed to be mad at all unless I got cursed out by a few people first. It's just like really? Even Chelle and Jamesy who were out tons of money got accused of having sugar daddies to go see her in Miami :lmao: people here have gotten crazy and you know what, it's ALWAYS those chart loons that are the craziest. The ones who shed tears over the Billboard Hot 100. I think the influx of those ppl has changed this place a bit.

Anyway I love this place and most everyone on it. I just think half of this forum needs to lighten up and not treat Madonna like a little baby, I doubt that's what she would ever want. That's all.

"Waaah her Instagram isn't what I want it to be so she's lagging behind waaah"

Who is she lagging behind? Lmao.

No one wants her Instagram to be any type of way. I think Pud means that he wished she'd communicate herself better on it. Which I agree with. She's an eloquent woman but on Instagram she sometimes sounds the same age as her kids. I think it's cuz she's not the most internet savvy (adorably so).

I personally thought that whole MLK and disnigga controversy was a bunch of social justice warrior bullshit, highlighted by the fact that the people who jumped on her were those constipated self loathing women over at Jezebel and those sharks over at Gawker. So that's not what I'm personally referring to.

oh yes, it was great. even when we disagreed about the album sequences or cover art (Confessions!) or what she was wearing, we would all have a good time with it. there were always a few nasty ones but they were the minority.

the personal attacks are bizarre. its like "wait.. what? why are you talking about my family life and where i live?" i thought we were talking about that scene in the video?" :rotfl:

i was wondering the other day if madonna ever took the internet seriously. because like you said, she has an odd approach with it. on one hand she was marvelous, the exact opposite of prince. if we want to see Blond Ambition, its there on youtube. or videos or interviews - she hasnt intercepted. in that regard, shes cool.

but at this particular moment in time, her fame is longer in the internet than it was without it. 1983-1996 - 13 years. 1996- 2015 - 19 years. i dont know if she has acclimated well. if you asked me 9 months ago, i would have had a different answer.

her instagram could be a complete artistic and commercial success. she is known as one of the greatest visual artists and so on, it would be marvelous if she used her social media to engage her audience in her creativity. like for example, right now how wonderful would it be if she put cool 15 second videos of her band rehearsing the songs, or the dancers and choreographers. her notes, her process. everyone would love that.

for a very long time she had zero competition and now it seems she has several. instead of keeping up and forging forward, she just might have lagged behind. you know what i mean?

Isn't it weird how she started so well with the internet? I just looked up some stuff a few days/weeks ago. 9 million views (6 million more than paul mccartney) for the MSN music livestream. a world record. Madonna and the internet started great. then youtube & warner etc fucked things up and on instagram she behaves the way she thinks she gotta behave because its the internet but really, she should just be herself. (like, she's great on reddit and other chat sessions but for some reason she's a bit strange on instagram.) she could show videos of her band&and herself rehearsing like when she showed "a whole lotta love". it gets a lot of attention. not sure why she isn't doing that a lot more knowing people love it. and yes it would sell tickets too because she's showing a different side to herself by playing a rock song that a lot of the public aren't used to from her. we as fans know she's a good guitar player, but the casual fan just thinks she's doing it because it fits a song she has written or whatever. (in concert) so seeing her do it for rehearsals or in her own time (because its on instagram, not a concert) shows something a lot of people aren't used to from her.

it's good to show songwriting on papers too. maybe even sketches from a stage design

she could easily do so many things

instagram is a great tool to show off without coming across as a "show off", because people expect it from her because she's an artist.

so in that way I agree. and she started very spiritually with instagram and shared things about astrology and art work, but since that new years eve post with her son having a drink (or maybe even a bit before that) she's acted more like one of her own kids on instagram. its a little strange because she's an intelligent woman and even though she's playful, I think a lot of people aren't used to it and may even be a little turned off by it.

its fine if miley is doing it because people expect it from her. or even cher because of her dyslexia (and she's not really relevant except for her account on social media lately) but Madonna is above them artistically and really.. overall.., and maybe thats also why a lot of people are critical about her.

that also means that when she is making a joke (like the holy mary & madonna thing) people take it literally and don't see her humour.

anyway, that was a bit of a rant.

and yes I'm not referring to that MLK thing either. thought she said or posted nothing wrong. these days with those literalists who look for drama everywhere just need a one line sentence with PC subtext saying "I don't think Im like MLK or want to promote my record by mentioning him. he's just my inspiration" - thats bullshit.

Who cares about her Instagram being an artistic success?? Weren't people just saying that people are being too optimistic because she's not a chart force anymore? So now she should be the Instagram dominator? Girl bye. Instagram will be replaced with something in a few years and join MySpace and Napster in the Internet graveyard.

Again, out of touch, out of mind.

Who cares about her Instagram being an artistic success?? Weren't people just saying that people are being too optimistic because she's not a chart force anymore? So now she should be the Instagram dominator? Girl bye. Instagram will be replaced with something in a few years and join MySpace and Napster in the Internet graveyard.

Pretty much. People need some perspective.

Isn't it weird how she started so well with the internet? I just looked up some stuff a few days/weeks ago. 9 million views (6 million more than paul mccartney) for the MSN music livestream. a world record. Madonna and the internet started great. then youtube & warner etc fucked things up and on instagram she behaves the way she thinks she gotta behave because its the internet but really, she should just be herself. (like, she's great on reddit and other chat sessions but for some reason she's a bit strange on instagram.) she could show videos of her band∧ herself rehearsing like when she showed "a whole lotta love". it gets a lot of attention. not sure why she isn't doing that a lot more knowing people love it. and yes it would sell tickets too because she's showing a different side to herself by playing a rock song that a lot of the public aren't used to from her. we as fans know she's a good guitar player, but the casual fan just thinks she's doing it because it fits a song she has written or whatever. (in concert) so seeing her do it for rehearsals or in her own time (because its on instagram, not a concert) shows something a lot of people aren't used to from her.

it's good to show songwriting on papers too. maybe even sketches from a stage design

she could easily do so many things

instagram is a great tool to show off without coming across as a "show off", because people expect it from her because she's an artist.

so in that way I agree. and she started very spiritually with instagram and shared things about astrology and art work, but since that new years eve post with her son having a drink (or maybe even a bit before that) she's acted more like one of her own kids on instagram. its a little strange because she's an intelligent woman and even though she's playful, I think a lot of people aren't used to it and may even be a little turned off by it.

its fine if miley is doing it because people expect it from her. or even cher because of her dyslexia (and she's not really relevant except for her account on social media lately) but Madonna is above them artistically and really.. overall.., and maybe thats also why a lot of people are critical about her.

that also means that when she is making a joke (like the holy mary & madonna thing) people take it literally and don't see her humour.

anyway, that was a bit of a rant.

and yes I'm not referring to that MLK thing either. thought she said or posted nothing wrong. these days with those literalists who look for drama everywhere just need a one line sentence with PC subtext saying "I don't think Im like MLK or want to promote my record by mentioning him. he's just my inspiration" - thats bullshit.

Madonna has never appealed to simple minded people who can't look past a fun instagram post, or who can't see her sense of humor, or who don't understand her as an artist or human being. She doesn't have to explain herself, and she doesn't have to censor or change herself because people "might not get it" or "might be turned off by it." I would never expect her to start acting more PC just so more people could like her.

Remember, Madonna is all about "FUCK YOU." Not all about "please accept me."

i don't really follow this.. everything is temporary and goes in & out of style. if we go by that rule we shouldn't be buying her new albums anyway because it'll all be streaming soon. or we shouldn't be liking her Facebook page bc they may come up with something even else in a few years..

"Pop is short for popular, and to remain popular, you can't have a point of view or be outspoken. To remain popular, you can't go against the grain. Janis Joplin, at this time, in this world, would not be a popular artist. Chrissie Hynde does not sell as many records as somebody like Mariah Carey. And that's because Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston don't have a f***ing point of view." :lmao:

"Society takes its cue from popular art. People need something to look to, something to provoke them into questioning whether they completely hate something or completely love something. Perhaps somebody like Mariah Carey wishes she could make that happen. On the other hand, if you're not terribly bright I suppose that you don't really give a damn." :dead:

YES!!!!!!!! Madonna is a "cunt" because she keeps it real. Love this bitch.

Are you talking about this?

"But art is not really a very important part of our culture any more. I was talking to k.d. lang about it last night. I don’t want to get into slagging off other artists, but we were talking about her record versus someone like Mariah Carey’s — and I think she’s a very talented singer — but we have to realize that the same country that acquitted O.J. is the same country that makes a complete piece of shit movie No.1, that buys Marian Carey records. It’s this homogeneity. But it’s got nothing to do with art."

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-spin-january-1996

It's fucking true. Just wave your fucking arm in the air and hit all the high notes possible. I'm (and Madonna was) just telling it how it is. How it played out. You can either take it or leave it.

THIS too.

i don't really follow this.. everything is temporary and goes in & out of style. if we go by that rule we shouldn't be buying her new albums anyway because it'll all be streaming soon. or we shouldn't be liking her Facebook page bc they may come up with something even else in a few years..

We should all be doing that stuff as fans of course.

But no one is talking about some celeb's myspace blog post from 2002.

Does it matter right now? Sure there's an argument.

Does it matter in the long run? Hell no.

We should all be doing that stuff as fans of course.

But no one is talking about some celeb's myspace blog post from 2002.

Does it matter right now? Sure there's an argument.

Does it matter in the long run? Hell no.

ok I see your point, but I do think she can use instagram a little better by promoting her own work and capabilities. its free promo and easy

This place is not like other Madonna forums filled with negativity. There has been healthy discussion and criticism here about this entire era and the only people whining about sensitivity and that bullshit have been hawking out of touch, odd, and sometimes downright insane criticisms that aren't a popular opinion of the forum...so then they throw tantrums about who is a *real* fan or a better fan or a monster because they have an OPINION OMG :rotfl:

So call posters a Pollyanna for the positivity towards Madonna and do all that passive aggressive type shit and just delete yourself cause I hear the Tribe is looking for some new whining ass bitches.

MNATION!

Stephen, you nailed it!!!!! This is exactly what I was thinking.

It's all about perspective. I still see plenty of healthy criticism...so I don't know where this "treating her with kids glove" thing is coming from.

I think sometimes people also forget that everyone's mind just works differently. People focus on different things. For myself, I already know that most of the Madonna fandom (on the internet, at least) is ridiculously critical and overly negative (let alone the mainstream media)...so why is it a crime if some of us choose to focus on the positive and not negative...or even the critical? Doesn't mean we see everything through rose colored glasses...it's just that Madonna is something that brings us joy and inspiration in our lives, is already vilified and misunderstood and picked apart unnecessarily by the masses, so when it comes to being in a Madonna "fanspace", maybe some of us just want to enjoy things, and focus on what is good in regards to the bigger picture.

Stephen, you nailed it!!!!! This is exactly what I was thinking.

It's all about perspective. I still see plenty of healthy criticism...so I don't know where this "treating her with kids glove" thing is coming from.

I think sometimes people also forget that everyone's mind just works differently. People focus on different things. For myself, I already know that most of the Madonna fandom (on the internet, at least) is ridiculously critical and overly negative (let alone the mainstream media)...so why is it a crime if some of us choose to focus on the positive and not negative...or even the critical? Doesn't mean we see everything through rose colored glasses...it's just that Madonna is something that brings us joy and inspiration in our lives, is already vilified and misunderstood and picked apart unnecessarily by the masses, so when it comes to being in a Madonna "fanspace", maybe some of us just want to enjoy things, and focus on what is good in regards to the bigger picture.

Yes, Madonna cops so much criticism everywhere else that is is painful. I can't even bare to read other Madonna forums because they are so negative and might as well be promoted as " I hate Madonna" forums. It is depressing. Here at Madonnanation, every one is free to give their opinions - which they do - and the obvious Madonna haters are flushed. You always have the knowledge that people that post here are fans of Madonna which is important.

I do think though that the Drake incident was an awkward time here. There was so much talk about Drake and the vibe that Madonna was a sad lonely victim to be pitied. Yes, he was pathetic but so much talk about one stupid incident. Madonna never plays a victim and it is something I adore about her.

Madonna's not a follower. I don't care whether she uses Instagram or not for promo because if you look at the current state of her IG, aside from her fans there are lots of haters there. She won't be converting them to fans no matter what she posts. Besides, the GP will not check or browse her IG. There are other venues to promote her music to a wider audience.