People that blasted Madonna and then backtracked?

don't you get it? any woman who has an opinion is a cunt (or a bitch or a whore) as M says herself. only men get away with saying whatever they like, and fucking a thousand different people without being called a whore.

don't you get it? any woman who has an opinion is a cunt (or a bitch or a whore) as M says herself. only men get away with saying whatever they like, and fucking a thousand different people without being called a whore.

I'm referring to some previous posts by Pud. It's just a joke.

Guest Pud Whacker

Are you sure you don't want to delete this? :lmao:

why would i want to? its the truth. thats why mariah said that comment at the press conference.

Ulizos stop being a delusional little monster, you haven't been following Madonna since her virgin birth so you don't really *know* her at all...:lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

you all can either take it or leave it.

im just telling it as it is. how it played out.

the reason why mariah said that awful comment at the press conference is because madonna laid into her in spin magazine. this was 95/96. thats why the journalists at the press conference asked her about that.

"Pop is short for popular, and to remain popular, you can't have a point of view or be outspoken. To remain popular, you can't go against the grain. Janis Joplin, at this time, in this world, would not be a popular artist. Chrissie Hynde does not sell as many records as somebody like Mariah Carey. And that's because Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston don't have a f***ing point of view." :lmao:

"Society takes its cue from popular art. People need something to look to, something to provoke them into questioning whether they completely hate something or completely love something. Perhaps somebody like Mariah Carey wishes she could make that happen. On the other hand, if you're not terribly bright I suppose that you don't really give a damn." :dead:

Are you talking about this?

"But art is not really a very important part of our culture any more. I was talking to k.d. lang about it last night. I don’t want to get into slagging off other artists, but we were talking about her record versus someone like Mariah Carey’s — and I think she’s a very talented singer — but we have to realize that the same country that acquitted O.J. is the same country that makes a complete piece of shit movie No.1, that buys Marian Carey records. It’s this homogeneity. But it’s got nothing to do with art."

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-spin-january-1996

It's fucking true. Just wave your fucking arm in the air and hit all the high notes possible. I'm (and Madonna was) just telling it how it is. How it played out. You can either take it or leave it.

"Pop is short for popular, and to remain popular, you can't have a point of view or be outspoken. To remain popular, you can't go against the grain. Janis Joplin, at this time, in this world, would not be a popular artist. Chrissie Hynde does not sell as many records as somebody like Mariah Carey. And that's because Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston don't have a f***ing point of view." :lmao:

"Society takes its cue from popular art. People need something to look to, something to provoke them into questioning whether they completely hate something or completely love something. Perhaps somebody like Mariah Carey wishes she could make that happen. On the other hand, if you're not terribly bright I suppose that you don't really give a damn." :dead:

:rotfl:

http://media.giphy.com/media/u8msY8V5ZdGlW/giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

yes that and in addition i believe there was something that she said what mariah does is not art. so when she met with the journalists, thats why they asked mariah about madonna and she said that comment. which, of course, was played over and over on MTV.

yep

how is that being a "cunt"? its just her opinion

and i agree with her.

its way nicer than what cher said about madonna

people always paint madonna as someone who says bad things about other artists or doesn't support them, but it couldn't be further from the truth. however when another artist says something about madonna that's negative, they all clap their hands. i don't get it. madonna outsmarts all of them

Guest Pud Whacker

yep

how is that being a "cunt"? its just her opinion

and i agree with her.

its way nicer than what cher said about madonna

people always paint madonna as someone who says bad things about other artists or doesn't support them, but it couldn't be further from the truth. however when another artist says something about madonna that's negative, they all clap their hands. i don't get it. madonna outsmarts all of them

I never thought you would ever NOT agree with her.

if you have an opinion, a real one, the witch hunt begins.

tumblr_nrpo2spgmX1r3tiuvo2_r1_500.gif

I never thought you would ever NOT agree with her.

you've been bitter ever since she said she didn't want those outtakes to leak. did someone of her team sent you a nasty message on twitter about it or something? did they call you out for sharing them? is that why you've been an absolute CUNT ever since?

before that you were yelling "QUEEN OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at basically anything and everything madonna said/did.

and no i don't disagree with M saying mariah & whitney have beautiful voices but no opinions. thats what ALL of us have been saying about some girls here for YEARS.

It's not a witch hunt. They asked her a question and she gave her honest opinion that MANY A LOT of people out there agree with, and Mariah's response was "um, I used to like her when she was popular in high school" :rolleyes::lmao:

you've been bitter ever since she said she didn't want those outtakes to leak. did someone of her team sent you a nasty message on twitter about it or something? did they call you out for sharing them? is that why you've been an absolute CUNT ever since?

OOP

:dead:

Guest Pud Whacker

and no i don't disagree with M saying mariah & whitney have beautiful voices but no opinions. thats what ALL of us have been saying about some girls here for YEARS.

nikki i have yet to see you disagree with anything she says or does. which is great but allow others to have a different point of view.

nobody contacted me about anything regarding those leaks, there was no reason to.

but again, i dont see why that is even being brought up and youre on the attack. i came in here and said the reason why mariah answered the question she did. what the fuck does that have to with rebel heart?

get the chip off your shoulder.

lighten up. :smooch:

Guest Pud Whacker

this is a very fascinating era. it seems that Hard Candy and MDNA could have all the single complaints, wrong choices, cover artwork, video mishaps, who she worked with...the way the tour was edited...and so on...

but for some reason Rebel Heart is being handled with cotton gloves. i find this very interesting.

I hate floppage pooriah her career is in vegas madonna doing rebel heart tour worldwide and mariah carey is boring plastic bimbo cunt ever there's no brain thought in her pea brain

nikki i have yet to see you disagree with anything she says or does. which is great but allow others to have a different point of view.

nobody contacted me about anything regarding those leaks, there was no reason to.

but again, i dont see why that is even being brought up and youre on the attack. i came in here and said the reason why mariah answered the question she did. what the fuck does that have to with rebel heart?

get the chip off your shoulder.

lighten up. :smooch:

Ive been very vocal about everything related to "bitch I'm madonna" & "rebel" songs like sex and holy water. how idiotic they are for the ticket prices they're charging, the secret project, the sticky & sweet tour and so many other things.

(and I've gotten shit for it because the overall opinion of everything related to madonna here is very positive. with flushing anyone who disagrees too much) I defend her when I think she gets unfair shit but when it comes to her music & performances Im VERY critical

in fact if I'd open my mouth about a few songs & promo from RH a bit more I'd probably be labeled a rayoflighter here, so no, I certainly don't agree with everything.

you went from the biggest madonna kiss-ass I know to saying shady things out of nowhere. maybe I shouldn't have been so rude just now so for that I apologise. perhaps you just grew up and changed.

Guest Pud Whacker

It's no secret that Ive been very vocal about everything related to "bitch I'm madonna" & "rebel" songs like sex and holy water on rebel heart, how idiotic they are for the ticket prices they're charging, the secret project, the sticky & sweet tour and so many other things. (and I've gotten shit for it every time because the overall opinion of everything related to madonna here is very positive. with flushing anyone who disagrees too much)

in fact if I'd open my mouth about the songs & promo from RH I dislike a bit more I'd probably be labeled a rayoflighter here, so no, I certainly don't agree with everything.

you went from the biggest madonna kiss-ass I know to saying shady things out of nowhere. maybe I shouldn't have been so rude just now so for that I apologise. perhaps you just grew up and changed.

i havent seen your criticisms, so maybe you didnt see mine over the years. or maybe what we love sounds louder than what we dislike! i certainly hope thats the case.

ive always been so vocal, so i dont see why this album is different. but it is. im still trying to figure it out psychologically and i will come up with something.

i keep coming back to the 'changing of the guard' and even though fans might not be consciously aware of this, subconsciously they must know. things we could rely on are no more. maybe thats why theyre more 'protective' of her at this time more than ever.

"the first single will hit the charts" well, no longer. i guess. bummer.

all her contemporaries are either dead or out of sight and mind. i used to love that she was held next to 18-30 year old newcomers but now i think it might be a disservice.

mtv is over, kurt loder is gone, david letterman is retired, arsenio cant find an audience. so we have none of those interviewers to rely on anymore. the only one she kind of developed a relationship since the '00's with was Cynthia McFadden and she wasnt invited this time around. liz is retiring. freddys long gone. careese killed herself. everyones upset with Guy Oseary.

now its all about social media. she seems to be a bit out of touch with that.

theres a lot and i love it all. even dissecting all this stuff.

^ I think though that we can see it a different way. I agree with you that all of her fellow pop superstars from the 80's are either dead, washed up completely or self destructed. Prince still has a huge following but not as big as Madonna. That is not really meant to be a put-down to them but more of a celebration of her continuing success. Jimmy Fallon adores her and she still gets talk shows dedicating one hour to her whilst other stars are booked in groups of 3 such as on Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton shows.

Virtually all of the young female stars love her and say it often. I never expect her to compete with girls in their 20's such as Taylor, Katy, Miley, Rihanna with the hearts of young kids so it never bothers me. She is still the superstar that has the career and iconic status that every other star would dream of. I know that sounds ultra positive but it is how I see it. Madonna will always be the Queen of Pop and ultimate pop superstar. Nothing will ever change that.