Live to Tell Demo

tasteinmen

Just come across this on Youtube, is it legit??? Are there any other 80s Madonna demos out there?

The guitar at the end sounds extremely odd, just out of place. :/

Yeah at the end the song seems to end abruptly and she carries on singing, doesn't sound right, but I guess it's supposed to be a demo? Who knows!

This was before the stems leaked.....

It's always been questionable

The person who made it had the stems before they leaked..... Stems don't need to leak for people to make fake demos....like Music!

Guest Leonardo M.

Yeah at the end the song seems to end abruptly and she carries on singing, doesn't sound right, but I guess it's supposed to be a demo? Who knows!

Thats exactly what I think. If we hear Rebel Heart Demos... some of them sounds fake too, but its real :mellow:

This has been out there for years now. I feel like this one is real.

On a side note, when did everyone start using the term "stems"?? All the years I've been coming here and until the last year or so, I've never seen that term.

On a side note, when did everyone start using the term "stems"?? All the years I've been coming here and until the last year or so, I've never seen that term.

That's what the individual parts of a song are called. drums, synths, bass, lead vocal, background vocal, etc

i suppose they like it better instead of multitrack, which are completely different things

But I'm guilty of always using the "stems" title instead

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bluejean

It's a term that's been used for a long time by music producers. It is only recently that fans have started using it because these things have started leaking.

Guest Pud Whacker

What is a stem?

a word that became VERY BIG in the madonna community after the leaks when she was waffling on about this and that.

What is a stem?

When a musician goes into the studio to record a song, the recording engineer will make a track of each instrument or vocal. So, you have the bass only - that's a stem. You have the rhythm guitar part - that's a stem. You have the lead vocal - that's a stem. Etc....

Then, the engineer will send those stems to the mixing house. The mixing house has the power to adjust the volume, add effects or soften the tone. After all the stems are adjusted they are mixed together to make a song.

I've been seeing the word 'stem' used a lot in Madonna forums. I highly doubt any amature Madonna mixer has their hands on the original stems.

My husband worked for mixing houses in London and now in the States. The original stems, more than likely, get lost. Or they are owned by the record company and licensed. Fans do not get access to them.

What fans are hearing is Johnny Tunetone mixing out the different "stems" as best he can with his Mac Book Pro. Then passing it off as the original. It's not a real stem.

All those 'stems' that have leaked are fake?

Live To Tell, Music, Bedtime Story, Nobody Knows Me, Lucky Star, Borderline, Holiday.......etc..

You mean the 'demo' is fake, or the 'stems' that were used to make it are fake?