Diplo on Ghosttown & BIM in new RollingStone Interview

4xJu4Z1.png

You co-produced several songs on Madonna's new one, including her new single. What do you make of the ageism she faces?

She created the world we live in. It already sucks to be a woman in the music industry, but to be a boss woman is even harder. She sold out her tour in minutes, but no one seems to want her to succeed — "Madonna, we've been there, done that, now we're about Kim Kardashian."

Her song "Ghosttown" was a guaranteed Number One for anybody else, but she didn't get a fair shot. With "Bitch I'm Madonna," everyone said there's no way it will go anywhere, but I'm like, "Screw it, it represents you more than anything."

Source

Guest eroticerotic

I agree about Ghosttown, even Living For Love. They are solid tracks that should have charted. They are two of her best in a 30 + year catalog. It's interesting to see Madonna go through this.

Diplo, you are the best thing ever that happend to Madonna as producer after COAD, and as a guy next to her side !!!!!

Diplo should also be the opening act at Ms tour actually

Guest eroticerotic

It's true that she created the world we live in, she set the rules, hopefully she can tear them apart now

love it

Her song "Ghosttown" was a guaranteed Number One for anybody else, but she didn't get a fair shot. With "Bitch I'm Madonna," everyone said there's no way it will go anywhere, but I'm like, "Screw it, it represents you more than anything."

Source

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I kind of hate how awful people were with him when word got out that Madonna was working with him.

and they come around but u see them post n just know that they're a punkass bitch

So he's clearly hinting very strongly that BIM was released against her team's wishes (i.e. most likely Guy O and Interscope). We all know from early on that BIM was one of her personal favourites, so I like that the Diplo encouragement got it out as a single. And now it's actually the biggest hit from the album!

Makes me wonder how things would have turned out if it had been the first single.

and they come around but u see them post n just know that they're a punkass bitch

They're annoying. I love my fellow Madonna fans, but sometimes I feel like there are some people around here who could use a lesson or two in music. Not that I'm an expert in music, but how can people not love exploring and discovering new and past artists / bands / etc.? It's like 17 year olds who have no idea who Madonna is and just say LIKE EW SHE'S OLD I'M GONNA PLAY TAYLOR SWIFT AND LADY GAGA INVENTED THIS NEW MOVEMENT CALLED POP ART.

:clap:

There are so many posts I could dig up ..

Ugh, it's not even worth it and if anything it's embarrassing. Let's just leave it in the past. People were even talking shit about Nas. NASSSSSSSSSSSSS. One of the greatest and most influential rappers ever. Even if it's not your cup of tea, I mean, whatever.