Guest HaveASit

:rolleyes: at the fact that bitch started this thread but never came back to reply after... What a f**cking looser.

This.

This guy sounds like the typical "I cant handle the heat anymore kinda of ex fan". Meanwhile he was thrashing LG on the Flop princesses thread.

Pathetica.

This.

This guy sounds like the typical "I cant handle the heat anymore kinda of ex fan". Meanwhile he was thrashing LG on the Flop princesses thread.

Pathetica.

Yes, kind of weird when people mainly post just in the Flop Princess section and rarely bother to comment on Madonna in the main forum. Kind of says it all really, they are either not interested in her or are ex-fans who also happen to love criticising other singers as well.

I think they just want Madonna to open herself up for disappointment again. Her children are everything. It's pretty clear at this point that trusting anyone else is a mistake. It's a wonderful feeling to believe in the sentiments expressed in Ray Of Light but people who do often get hurt. Most probaly just liked the effort put into the album but think little of what it was saying. Same goes for Music and even more so American Life.

You can't expect someone who is real to just shut it off and join in your idea of what kind of music or art they should be making. If the feelings aren't there they aren't there. You can't force them.

Oh god not the same argument again.

She made pure pop music in the 80's.

She collaborated with Prince, Bjork and Babyface at their commercial peak.

Erotica/Bedtime Stories had trendy elements of the early 90's.

She played the safe ballad route throughout mid 90's.

Ray Of Light was kind of experimental but let's not act like electronica was not an underground trend at that time.

Music was probably her only "risky" record and American Life followed the same formula.

Confessions was considered a "mainstream" comeback.

Hard Candy had like 3 trendy songs. The Pharrell tracks sounded fresh as fuck.

MDNA is just, ..... well let me just not go there.....

Rebel Heart doesn't even follow any trend but it sounds very modern.

Seriously this woman has always been making contemporary music and that's what separate herself from other legacy acts who make the same music over and over again. Why do the Esther fans always act like she's fucking Bjork?

Guest HaveASit

Ray Of Light was kind of experimental but let's not act like electronica was not an underground trend at that time.

Music was probably her only "risky" record and American Life followed the same formula.

MDNA is just, ..... well let me just not go there.....

Seriously this woman has always been making contemporary music and that's what separate herself from other legacy acts who make the same music over and over again. Why do the Esther fans always act like she's fucking Bjork?

Yeah, I agree with you completely. Madonna is/never was this deep experimental artist some people want to believe. She is a popstar for fucking sake.

I'd like to see news from the blue such as: Madonna is in the studio and record new song/s, she met a new producer and clicked with him, interrupted preparations for the tour for 7 days; to get out of clichés: movie - new album - tour

I don't think she can just stop rehearsing for the tour and than do something else. That would not be very considerate to fans who have paid a lot of money to see the show and also the other dancers and musicians who have put a lot of work into it.

You say cliche, but everyone even in the music business has to stick to a schedule if they want to achieve things. One of the reasons Madonna has achieved so much is she is disciplined and follows things through, and doesn't just randomly go from one thing to another when the mood strikes. She finishes one project and them moves on to the next.

Rebel Heart is an amazing album .

fans who adore her when she s winning the charts are complaining but she ll end up being loved by the ones who loves her artistic relevance not their fears to feel sorry

THIS.

Don't forget that a lot of M's material is looked back upon differently than at the time it came out. So don't worry about kids tittering over her today. Things can be looked at VERY differently in the future. Plus, there are kids who suddenly explore her because of those attention grabbing songs.

Remember - nobody can deny she is a legend, and if she wants to have a single with some features on it to gain attention, so be it. Don't forget - the albums that house those singles have a whole other repertoire of amazing songs with a range of sound - a fan should know this.

Yeah and how exactly did Madonna make a fool of herself onstage during S&S? I mean really :lmao: can we say thirsty for attention

I'm not talking energy or anything here and I love some of the S&S performances (LAP, Vogue, Into the Groove) - even though I hate the tour - but the way she behaved. Gone was the more sophisticated woman we saw during the previous 3 tours and in her place was this 'have you ever had a best friend who fucked your boyfriend' wanna-be girl. I don't know, it felt like a huge change in persona from Confessions to S&S. And yes it's only logical tat she was different given her divorce from Guy, but don't deny this wasn't the beginning of the 'I wanna be 25 again Madonna'.

I'm not talking energy or anything here and I love some of the S&S performances (LAP, Vogue, Into the Groove) - even though I hate the tour - but the way she behaved. Gone was the more sophisticated woman we saw during the previous 3 tours and in her place was this 'have you ever had a best friend who fucked your boyfriend' wanna-be girl. I don't know, it felt like a huge change in persona from Confessions to S&S. And yes it's only logical tat she was different given her divorce from Guy, but don't deny this wasn't the beginning of the 'I wanna be 25 again Madonna'.

Well Madonna is 56 but she's doesn't say she wants to be 25 again. In fact she acknowledges her age and flaunts it to the ageists.

Madonna has songs I don't like. I don't overanalyze because she is an artist. She creates. You can't put her in a box.

I am glad she is still around rather than six feet under. That's all I gotta say about dat.

I will never understand fans that box her in. If you look at her career and think about the Madonna of 1982, of '92, '02 and '12, they are all completely different from one another. Just like every other fan that comes up with this same bullshit.....her behavior on S&S, unsophisticated, wannabe, desperate to be young......all of that has nothing to do with Madonna and everything to do with you. Madonna is doing what she's always done, your view or "expectations" of her are just one dimensional. And btw the "sophisticated" Madonna that was too cool to talk to her audience on DWT was the "replacement" for the "fuck is a good word....if your parents did not fuck you would not be here" Madonna that I fell in love with......so the "have you ever had a best friend.....", fucking Latin men, "pull my tits out" Madonna is really just the return of the real deal. ;)

And sorry but, any "fan" that uses the word "hate" to describe ANY of her tours is a fair weathered fan indeed. We all have our favorites of course, but even on my least favorite tour of hers, she's STILL got "it". She's always got that presence and charisma that makes her fascinating to watch. That doesn't go away just because her persona, style or choice song are different to what I consider my favorite.

I will never understand fans that box her in. If you look at her career and think about the Madonna of 1982, of '92, '02 and '12, they are all completely different from one another. Just like every other fan that comes up with this same bullshit.....her behavior on S&S, unsophisticated, wannabe, desperate to be young......all of that has nothing to do with Madonna and everything to do with you. Madonna is doing what she's always done, your view or "expectations" of her are just one dimensional. And btw the "sophisticated" Madonna that was too cool to talk to her audience on DWT was the "replacement" for the "fuck is a good word....if your parents did not fuck you would not be here" Madonna that I fell in love with......so the "have you ever had a best friend.....", fucking Latin men, "pull my tits out" Madonna is really just the return of the real deal. ;)

And sorry but, any "fan" that uses the word "hate" to describe ANY of her tours is a fair weathered fan indeed. We all have our favorites of course, but even on my least favorite tour of hers, she's STILL got "it". She's always got that presence and charisma that makes her fascinating to watch. That doesn't go away just because her persona, style or choice song are different to what I consider my favorite.

:clap:

LHakaLH, I doubt that anyone disrespects your right to share your opinion. However, when you indicate in your original post twice that your intent is not to bash Madonna, and yet carry on with YOUR personal projections and assumptions about her thoughts and choices, insist on perceived failures, and show your contempt for her by using descriptors such as "desperate", "pathetic", "crappy" "being a fool on stage", I can't help but wonder about your actual motive for starting up this thread. It is disingenuous because you disguise it as "introspection" (as tagged by you) but the only message that I am getting from you is that she has clearly not lived up to YOUR stifling expectations and that we should all be embarrassed for her.

Just my opinion but you sound completely stuck on a particular Madonna persona and cannot let go of it. I understand you wanting the best reception for every creative concept and execution from her but it's all relative, isn't it? I believe that by clinging on to your idealized version of her and all the things that frustrate you will definitely prevent you from ever being able to fully appreciate and celebrate her.

You asked in your original post why she keeps doing certain things and what BIM is doing for her career. I look at the video comments and am appalled at the number of ageist and asinine remarks but at the same time, I'm heartened to see many words of admiration and encouragement for her to keep doing what she is doing. BIM may not become a mega music hit in today's manipulated music landscape but it certainly adds to her career legacy as being a force of nature as well as a multidimensional and complex artiste who continues to challenge and affect public perception.

Good to hear that you do like most of the RH album, and I hope you'll look beyond and reconsider the necessity to box her in.

LHakaLH, I doubt that anyone disrespects your right to share your opinion. However, when you indicate in your original post twice that your intent is not to bash Madonna, and yet carry on with YOUR personal projections and assumptions about her thoughts and choices, insist on perceived failures, and show your contempt for her by using descriptors such as "desperate", "pathetic", "crappy" "being a fool on stage", I can't help but wonder about your actual motive for starting up this thread. It is disingenuous because you disguise it as "introspection" (as tagged by you) but the only message that I am getting from you is that she has clearly not lived up to YOUR stifling expectations and that we should all be embarrassed for her.

Just my opinion but you sound completely stuck on a particular Madonna persona and cannot let go of it. I understand you wanting the best reception for every creative concept and execution from her but it's all relative, isn't it? I believe that by clinging on to your idealized version of her and all the things that frustrate you will definitely prevent you from ever being able to fully appreciate and celebrate her.

You asked in your original post why she keeps doing certain things and what BIM is doing for her career. I look at the video comments and am appalled at the number of ageist and asinine remarks but at the same time, I'm heartened to see many words of admiration and encouragement for her to keep doing what she is doing. BIM may not become a mega music hit in today's manipulated music landscape but it certainly adds to her career legacy as being a force of nature as well as a multidimensional and complex artiste who continues to challenge and affect public perception.

Good to hear that you do like most of the RH album, and I hope you'll look beyond and reconsider the necessity to box her in.

What a brilliant post.

stockClappingMarieAntoinette_zpsd30380e3

^ Thanks :)

My family hates Madonna too and I don't give a shit lol.

A few years ago when I was moving my uncle helped me. He's getting kind of old, but he was sweet to help. He just unloaded the heaviest, bulkiest, most awkward crate from the truck into my house and said, "godddamn what's in this?" and I said, "My Madonna magazines." LMAO he was pissed.

So good

So what's your point? That she wants to stay young? And what? No one has a problem with male celebrities who keep doing what they've been doing... But a woman HAS to acknowledge her age as soon as she hits 40... Don't you think it's too hypocritical and double standard?Are you even a Madonna fan? I mean haven't you learned anything?

And talking about her artistic choices throughout her career.. Your opinion seems to be lying on her willingness to try new things or to integrate herself to what is "popular" - without mentioning she probably started that thing herself 20 years ago but no one cared or they weren't willing to recognise it but today it's the norm if not a necessity. And why is Madonna desperate when she works with younger singers or rappers but Beyoncé collaborating with Niki Minaj or Jay Z is not? Or Rihanna working with Justin Timberlake or Chris Brown is not? Or Katy Perry with Kanye West or Snoop Dogg is not? Isn't it a double standard?

It's always looked to me that ever since she hit the 40 years mark Madonna became incredibly criticised. Everything she does is viewed with criticism and mistrust... She's 56 but she does look after herself.. She's got an incredible figure and even mentally wise she's so open minded and accepting I don't see why her age has to come as a matter of discussion at every turn. Who cares? Kids in their teens act as if they are adults; they actually think they are and it's been going on since I can remember but no one's got a problem with that! But an older person has to be viewed ridiculous or desperate if they don't succumb to the standard of society on what a 50 yo person is supposed to behave. Wake up people! It's society that is evil and they have been putting poison in our minds NOT our inner instincts and ways of being.

And to respond to your criticism of BIM... and I won't repeat this again: YES BIM IS ridiculous. It's meant to be... It's as ridiculous as all the criticisms Madonna had to indure throughout her career since day 1. Madonna responded her harsh critics by playing their same stupid game. But in the end it doesn't matter because hey bitch, she's Madonna! Can't you get the joke now?