It makes no sense to me to put Madonna and Bruce Springsteen in the same sentence. Why just because they are over 50? They have always been totally different artists. Bruce has always been an almost 100% serious artist, whereas Madonna has had a fun lighthearted side and a more fun side.

Some of her albums tend more towards the serious and some more towards the fun. Just because she made one or two mostly serious albums like Ray of Light and American Life doesn't mean she has to continue down that road forever.

It's EVERYTHING.

It truly is! Pure 100% Madonna ... everything.

It makes no sense to me to put Madonna and Bruce Springsteen in the same sentence. Why just because they are over 50? They have always been totally different artists. Bruce has always been an almost 100% serious artist, whereas Madonna has had a fun lighthearted side and a more fun side.

Some of her albums tend more towards the serious and some more towards the fun. Just because she made one or two mostly serious albums like Ray of Light and American Life doesn't mean she has to continue down that road forever.

You nailed it, Madonna is a completely different artist, often covering more flamboyant material. That's what makes her so great! Bruce Springsteen saying Bitch I'm The Boss would be ridiculous while Bitch I'm Madonna fits beautifully into her repertoire.

Let me start by saying that this topic is NOT meant to bash Madonna.

But listening to the album and especially songs such as BIM, Holy Water, Inside Out and S.E.X. (my all-time fave guilty pleasure!!!) I can't help but wonder how Madonna would have felt about this album and these songs if she could have had a glimpse of the future let's say during 1990-2004.

Back then she was so proud of what she was doing, getting more serious as an artist and it paid off with huge sales for her ROL and Music albums. My guess is that American Life's flop ruined everything. She wanted to get back on top as soon as possible. I can't help but wonder how it would've turned out if AL had actually done good. One thing i know for sure, RIT wouldn't have been the Greatest Hits tour it was. Now she needed to remind the world of her back catalogue and then decided to return to pop with the disco oriented Confessions album. Thank God, because I love COADF. Hard Candy is where it really went wrong. From the extremely tacky cover to the average songs and weaker voice... Did she felt inspired by Britney? On songs such as Incredible, Dance 2night and Heartbeat she really sounds like Brit now and then. And then that crappy tour... S&S was the first time I felt Madonna made a complete fool of herself on stage. That whole 'a girlfriend that wanna fuck your boyfriend' crap... Madonna... hello... you're 50, not 15, but you damn sure sounded like a 15 year old when you asked the crowed that silly question.

I could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it short. After Confessions the woman who wasn't that much into collaborations and duets all of a sudden seemed addicted to them. The trend setter became a trend follower. Everything to appeal to a younger crowd who wants nothing to do with her, and in doing so, she's ignoring and alienating people that did grow up with her. This is her failure. Had these collabs at least paid off I wouldn't have mind that much, but they don't! Maybe Justin did okay, but the others... Let's be honest folks, what is BIM doing for her career? NOTHING!!! It's not a hit by any means.

I can't help but wonder why she keeps doing these kind of things. Yes, she should do whatever she wants. But do you guys really believe she is enjoying herself? The younger generation is only making jokes about her and will continue to do so. Why isn't she sticking to what she gained, a very loyal fanbase? Imagine how pathetic it would be if all of a sudden Bruce Springsteen would collaborate with Justin Bieber, releasing something like 'fuck you, I'm the Boss' or George Michael ft. Adam Lambert 'suck me, I'm gay'. Yes it would be hilarious, but they would be making fools of themselves. And I as a Madonna fan for almost 10 years hate to see her make a fool of herself. Yes, she achieved a lot, more than most of us ever will, but that does not mean she isn't making a fool of herself. We may enjoy these song but I think deep down inside most of us feel that she is making a fool of herself and hate it. She's our idol and we want her to shine, at least I do. But sorry... Hard Candy, Sticky and Sweet? MDNA? Rebel Heart? No matter how many times her last tours will (and continue to) be the best selling of all-time, she isn't really shining anymore. And no matter how many people claim Ray of Light is a boring album, GOD was she shining back then. She was on top and everyone wanted to follow her, but now... And this has nothing to do with me wanting a ROL pt. 2, since I don't want her to repeat herself. But that is exactly what she's doing for the last couple of years, repeating herself with desperate attempts to appeal to the younger generation.

Again, this is not meant to bash Madonna, just sharing how I feel. I still really like most of the RH album, but let's keep it and say it as it is.

I don't want to be mean or to bash you, but... You have way to much time on your hands. So sad to be you. Why don't you try to find a hobby, knitting or something ??

Then why is she just now going on and on about how she covered it up for Guy? :lmao:

You're just mad because your country temporarily turned Madonna into a boring pretentious woman.

"Hello luv, would you like some tea and crumpets"

madonna8.jpg

"Look at me, luv. Wanna talk about your feelings? Talk about the kabbalah and finding your center?"

2005-madonna-vogue-05.jpg

Two days after leaving England and giving half her money to the golddigger:

Hard-Candy-Album-photo-shoot-2008-40-pho

new-outtakes-from-madonnas-hard-candy.jp

:lmao:

Hunty she also gave us all this while she was the lady of the manor.. so don't get it twisted..

madonna-hung-up-video-cap-0015.jpg

news_sorryvid12.jpg

tumblr_m220vlZHqp1qkenk7o1_500.png

187.jpg

theforum_210506_william_boombox_news.jpg

20110129-pics-madonna-official-website-p

Madonna is Madonna. Everything she does is her. Don't try to define her or second guess her.

If anything, I think Madonna is back to her true self. What she said in the Rolling Stone interview this year is very telling. She said that her marriage wasn't encouraging her to express her provocative, rebellious side. Now that she's divorced, she's able to be herself 100%.

She's not trying to remain youthful. She's defying society's rules of how a person of a certain age should act. There's a difference.

THIS a million times over!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

As if Madonna would reveal her innermost thoughts in a RS interview.

Y'all are just as gullible as the media. I love it when she manipulates people like that. :rotfl:

Madonna is from Detroit and she found herself on the streets of New York with junkies (she broke up with Basquiat, one of the greatest painters ever, because his heroin addiction got out of control), drag queens, eccentric gays, artists, bohemians, hipsters, intellectuals. That's who she is and who she'll always be. No matter how much money she makes or who she's rubbing shoulders with these days, or what society expects her to be.

For me, Ray of Light, the Evita First Lady Era and the British Tamed Housewife are all departures from who she really is. Some pretty amazing things came out of those eras, but it's not who she really is. She'll ALWAYS go back to being this chick

5eef9f6912e42d3e4e0da3aec3dc34ae.jpg

r-502_madonna_1983_gruen-1.jpg

If you really thought Madonna was going to "mature", sit down, cover it up, "act her age", take the easy road and look like this

madonnachickens_wideweb__470x393,0.jpg

just turn in your Madonna fan card and give it up already.

You're probably one of those "fans" that jumped on board and discovered Madonna when you saw her catering to middle aged white women on Oprah with Ray of Light.

AMEN to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_n8urk4ynKe1s0x5wto1_500.gif

I'm trying to wrap my head around the OP.
So, you don't think she isn't proud of the work she has put out as of late? Hm.

And LHakaLH, some of the language in your post ("pathetic," "desperate," etc) is pretty awful.

Also,

- HC is an amazing album, and I still don't get all the hate.

-The BIM video is at 41 million views in 3 weeks, I don't think it's fair to call it a failure.

Also, this:

" Madonna... hello... you're 50, not 15.."

Stop it.

And I don't know who you are speaking for with the "she's alienating the people who grew up with her" statement. I'm a 30+ year fan, and I'm still loving the work she does.

Why can't we just accept that everything is amazing? Ray of Light, Evita, Girl Gone Wild, Hard Candy, Lady of the Manor, American Life.. whatever.. All of it. What's the problem with that? Why do you have to nitpick and dismiss some things just because she flippantly said something (or not) in an interview.

She also said ITG was "dorky" years ago and that she'd never play songs like MG or LAV ever again and we all know how that turned out.

She also said years ago that duets were tacky and cheesy and she'd never do one and then she did "4 Minutes."

My point is, don't overanalyse. She has the prerogative to say and do whatever the fuck she wants. She has done it for 30+ years and will continue to do it for the rest of her life. You can choose to hop on or off or whatever but don't pretend to ever be inside her head because you're not and you never will be.

Hunty she also gave us all this while she was the lady of the manor.. so don't get it twisted..

madonna-hung-up-video-cap-0015.jpg

news_sorryvid12.jpg

tumblr_m220vlZHqp1qkenk7o1_500.png

187.jpg

theforum_210506_william_boombox_news.jpg

20110129-pics-madonna-official-website-p

Madonna is Madonna. Everything she does is her. Don't try to define her or second guess her.

Confessions is absolute, pure pop perfection, but it was 0 risk for Madonna and it was the easiest way for Madonna to win back the masses. Obviously it's Madonna and she executed it flawlessly, one of her greatest eras ever, but it wasn't controversial, it wasn't her sining about whips, chains, golden showers, her sticky and sweetness, etc. It was safe and it accomplished what it had to accomplish. Also, this is where Guy disappeared from her life. He wasn't around for ANY OF IT. He was probably sitting at the pub all angry with life because he failed to control his little wifey and she was back out there with her cootch in everyone's face.

Why is there such defensiveness around the Guy Ritchie marriage? She makes candid statements in interviews, but now we're "over-analyzing" them...?

Not being over-defensive. Just keeping it real. No one here's saying he's not a gold digging douchebag because hunty we've all heard "Gang Bang," okay? Let's not get it twisted.

From the extremely tacky cover to the average songs and weaker voice...
And then that crappy tour... S&S was the first time I felt Madonna made a complete fool of herself on stage.

I stopped reading after this tbh

Around ROL William Orbit said "Madonna's on this journey and if you're smart enough you'll get on board for the ride. But it doesn't matter if you do or you don't, because she's going to get there anyway" which is basically how I feel about her evolution (or devolution as some may argue)

Speaking of Guy Ritchie, did you guys know he has THREE children with his new wife or whatever? What a fucking creep. Chris Ciccone was right all along.

How does that make him a creep? He and Madonna are long divorced. He has a right to move on with his life and have other relationships.

I have been a fan since 1 9 8 3. Am I suppose to not love Bitch I'm Madonna? Just using this one song as an example..it speaks to me in a way that I feel Madonna has spoken for me since day one. Sarcasm, humor, fun, wanting to be accepted, exasperation, perserverance, rebellion, stubborness. I have felt it all. Madonna uses her art to deal with feelings, hers as well as others. Older people experience these feelings. Are you suppose to deny everything? Are you suppose to have no emotions when you get older?

I love rebel heart madonna and bitch iam madonna I was bored with English roses madonna writing children books and married to guy richie this is realass madonna right now and she's happy!

I love rebel heart madonna and bitch iam madonna I was bored with English roses madonna writing children books and married to guy richie this is realass madonna right now and she's happy!

And speaking of revelations in interviews there was one recently where Madonna herself admitted to being happy sometimes....Seriously though for every comment here there is a reasonable rejoinder looking close enough under the microscope. She has also talked many times about having bad moments and making mistakes but that without them she wouldn't learn what she has and be what she is today.

How does that make him a creep? He and Madonna are long divorced. He has a right to move on with his life and have other relationships.

He is a creep though, making comments about Lola's boobs, which I absolutely believe he did, and being a homophobe. So, yeah, Chris was right.

I understand English is not everyone's first language but your profile says Oregon/Ohio, which in itself is a head-scratcher bc they're on opposite sides of the country lol. Anyway, your posts are consistently unreadable.

Oregon is a city in ohio dumbass

LOL well that would've been more evident had you wrote "Oregon, Ohio," not Oregon ohio.