Jonathan Groff On Madonna's iPhone Diss (too bad since I love him :(

elijah

559d6d411700005001b06711.png?cache=RYbeu

He's perhaps less diplomatic when it comes to Madonna, who reportedly texted throughout an off-Broadway performance of "Hamilton" at New York's Public Theater. (The singer's spokeswoman has denied the claim)

When Sessums asks if he was disappointed that "Hamilton" composer Lin-Manuel Miranda barred the Material Girl from visiting cast members backstage, Groff replies, "No. Because that bitch was on her phone. You couldn’t miss it from the stage. It was a black void of the audience in front of us and her face there perfectly lit by the light of her iPhone through three-quarters of the show."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jonathan-groff-gay-hollywood_559d57fde4b05b1d028f8511

I don't blame her for being on her phone if his acting was anything like it was on the Looking show. He was one of the most annoying and unlikable characters I have ever seen on a non-reality series.

She was bang out of order to do that. If you don't like it, leave. Disrespectful to the actors and the audience.

She's all about respecting people's art but thinks this is OK? Imagine what she would say if people sat texting in the golden triangle during her performance.

Sorry but this is why the general public are falling out of love with her. She wants to start a revolution of love but then goes on about being a bitch and acting up like this?

I read that she gave the play thousands of dollars so they could start off or something. so she supported them before. i also doubt she used her iPad. she's not that type of person. maybe an iPhone. thats what i heard months ago. no need to call her a bitch when she supports them and call her out in public. maybe talk about what she donated? but f course they won't

The fact that Madonna was on her phone is more important than the entire show. Speaks volumes. They're enjoying the free press off her name

The fact that Madonna was on her phone is more important than the entire show. Speaks volumes. They're enjoying the free press off her name

Haha exactly! Don't know who the fxck he is. Could be her kids calling her up! I will only use my phone if my kids were calling, just saying lol

They're just so mad and keep talking about it

I bet she checked the shit once

They need to get over it. Like u mad or naw???

But there really is no excuse for that behaviour.

THIS

As an aside, I FUCKING hate how smart phones have redefined social etiquette for the worst.

THIS

she thought she was watching a movie, that happens

:rotfl:

(BTW...IT'S ANNOYING AT CINEMAS TOO)

Sounds like just another way for them to capitalize off her name. I'm betting what really happened was nothing as bad as they say. She probably looked at her phone a few times and they're exaggerating that it was 3/4s of the show. I smell typical bullshit.

She shouldn't be looking at it at all. Can't people go for a 1-2 hours now without looking at those fucking things, especially when in a theatre, cinema, talk or whatever the fuck?

Love Madonna but hate this type of behaviour more.

She's a busy woman

Hmm... She has a team that is supposed to handle stuff. She obviously had enough spare time to attend this play. There's just no excuse for this behavious, no if and buts about it.

That said, it is true this story is brought up way much more than it should be.

Guest Rocco Papa

I'd just be honored that Madonna graced me with her presence. I mean, that's the Queen of Pop. Bow down bitches.

She was bang out of order to do that. If you don't like it, leave. Disrespectful to the actors and the audience.

She's all about respecting people's art but thinks this is OK? Imagine what she would say if people sat texting in the golden triangle during her performance.

Sorry but this is why the general public are falling out of love with her. She wants to start a revolution of love but then goes

So true.

If we assume this story to be real in the first place. We have no way of knowing whether Madonna was actually there doing that. Unless they provide photographic evidence. What about the fact that this guy is bringing it up for the umpteenth time two months later? It speaks a lot more about the craving of publicity off Madonna's name than what she was supposedly doing at that show in itself. Especially considering his regrettable wording

Guest Rocco Papa

Sounds like just another way for them to capitalize off her name. I'm betting what really happened was nothing as bad as they say. She probably looked at her phone a few times and they're exaggerating that it was 3/4s of the show. I smell typical bullshit.

I think this might be the case too. It seems like whenever Madonna is accused of doing something "mean," it's always blown way out of proportion and taken out of context. i.e.: the Lady Gaga "diss," the Beyonce "diss," criticizing Michigan on Howard Stern show, trying to come for Taylor Swift with BIM video, etc. It's like she said, "People just like to give me a hard time."

And if these people think they're perfect and never did anything rude or inconsiderate in their whole lives, then they're out of their fucking minds.

M apparently texted during the play in April, old news. A current article about him and FourTwoNine Magazine, which conducted the interview, conveniently chooses to use Madonna's name in the header and HuffPost runs with it as well. Really?

I thought I read somewhere that Lin-Manuel Miranda was asked and denied that his deleted tweet was about M. I wish I could remember where I saw it and retrieve it.

I think this might be the case too. It seems like whenever Madonna is accused of doing something "mean," it's always blown way out of proportion and taken out of context. i.e.: the Lady Gaga "diss," the Beyonce "diss," criticizing Michigan on Howard Stern show, trying to come for Taylor Swift with BIM video, etc. It's like she said, "People just like to give me a hard time."

And if these people think they're perfect and never did anything rude or inconsiderate in their whole lives, then they're out of their fucking minds.

THIS!

BINGO.

M apparently texted during the play in April, old news. A current article about him and FourTwoNine Magazine, which conducted the interview, conveniently chooses to use Madonna's name in the header and HuffPost runs with it as well. Really?

I thought I read somewhere that Lin-Manuel Miranda was asked and denied that his deleted tweet was about M. I wish I could remember where I saw it and retrieve it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/eliot-spitzer-de-blasio-aide-hot-match-article-1.2253918

We also put “Hamilton” star Lin-Manuel Miranda on the spot by asking if he got in trouble for complaining on social media in April that Madonna was rudely texting during his show at the Public.
“I never said it was Madonna!” squirmed Miranda. At the time, he identified the texting Material Girl as an unspecific “celebrity” whom multiple Confidenti@l sources positively identified as Madge.
“I was horrified on behalf of our dancers, who grew up worshipping her and had to see her lighting up her own face,” he explained. “I was mad on their behalf.” Miranda then pleaded to change the subject. :semifunny::rolleyes:
“I’m so much more excited to talk about anything else,” he laughed.

According to a report from Playbill.com, Miranda tweeted, “Tonight was the first time I asked stage management NOT to allow a celebrity (who was texting all through Act 2) backstage. #noselfieforyou" before later deleting the tweet, which many presumed to be about that pop star.

Madonna’s rep Liz Rosenberg addressed the incident in a statement to Us Weekly, saying, “It's not true. She was invited backstage four different times. She texted post show when they were doing their fundraising pitch. Madonna had already made a generous donation.”

Actress and fellow attendee Casey Erin Clark told a different story on Twitter. After revealing that she had been sitting behind the “Rebel Heart” singer, 56, at the show, Clark tweeted, “That time you want to smack #Madonna upside the head for texting during the best show I've ever seen. #HAMILTONpublic.”

Cattura_zpsc4zclkv6.jpg