Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

I don't mean any disrespect to those who enjoy "Holy Water" and "SEX" but they're the last two songs I want to her to perform from Rebel Heart. Or in general for that matter. I feel like if she performed one of them, it'd be the "Revolver" of this tour. While that performance had brilliant choreography, the song iitself is weak. And it certainly didn't get people excited at the show I was at.

There SO many classics from the 90's I'd enjoy hearing instead. And my gut tells me this tour will be less self indulgent than previous ones.

Danish-Vietnamese dancer Stephanie Nguyen, one of the MDNA Tour dancers, revealed to Danish newspaper BT that she is among the 20 dancers (8 female and 12 male) who will be joining Madonna on stage for the upcoming Rebel Heart Tour.

Choreography and band rehearsals started in New York City in early May. Full production rehearsals started earlier this week at another undisclosed location.

Interestingly, Stephanie revealed that the dancers on the MDNA Tour were very much divided into cliques. This is not the case this time around. It's all one big, happy family. :)

I don't think Best Night is a good choice to open the show: II know it sounds right because of the lyrics. Plus she allways start with a single: Dress you up, Open your heart, Express yourself, Erotica, Drowned word, Candy shop and Girl gone wilde!

Erm, Future Lovers? Candy Shop?

ap

Madonna thinks artists deep into their careers should stop if they don't have anything more to say. But at 56, the singer says she still has things to talk about, and in short, she feels like Pablo Picasso.

"I like to compare myself to other kinds of artists like Picasso. He kept painting and painting until the day he died. Why? Because I guess he felt inspired to do so," she said. "Life inspired him, so he had to keep expressing himself, and that's how I feel."

Madonna released her self-titled debut album in 1983, and her latest album, "Rebel Heart," earlier this year. She said the key to sticking around is her continual desire to inspire others.

"I don't think there's a time, a date, an expiration date for being creative," she said. "I think you go until you don't have any more to say."

The pop icon will launch her Rebel Heart Tour on Sept. 9 in Montreal. The tour includes more than 60 shows across North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.

"The theme I really truly explore in this show more than anything is love and romance," she said in a phone interview from her home in New York City last week. "I want people to walk out like they're feeling inspired and like they've seen something they've never seen before (and) felt something they've never felt before."

Comedian Amy Schumer, whose new movie "Trainwreck" opened impressively at No. 2 with $30.2 million last weekend, will open for three Madonna shows in New York.

"She's a role model for women, and I am too, and I think it's a good match," said Madonna, who added that the idea to bring Schumer on board came from the singer's management team. "I love her and ... I just thought, 'That's interesting.' (I'll) try something new and different rather than the usual run-of-the-mill — have a band, have a DJ. It's definitely a new thing. I hope it works — fingers crossed."

Madonna says picking the set list for her upcoming tour has been hard, mainly because she wants to sing her newest songs but also satisfy her longtime, die-hard fans.

"I realize I have 32 years of other songs, so I have to pick and choose. I sit there for weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out which of my old catalog I want to do," she said. "It's a puzzle that we have to put together 'cause thematically the songs — the old and the new — they have to go together; sonically they have to go together."

She's even picky about the costumes onstage.

"What people wear, from their footwear to the buttons on their jacket, is all very important to me," she said.

Erm, Future Lovers? Candy Shop?

I was thinking that but M was keen for Candy Shop to be a single and perhaps she thought Future Lovers would be too.

Confessions and S&S tours started earlier into their albums' life cycles. Previous tours often followed eighteen months after an album's launch so this probably gives us insight into what she thought would be a single! You know she thought Sorry was a surprise choice as single!

I'm getting back into the (Madonna) groove recently and I've decided I NEED to see her again. Someone be a darling, quote this and let me know what we know (if anything) is definitely is in store for this tour

Edit: also i'm super confused by all the packages and shit on the UK ticketmaster so if someone wants to help me out with that drop me a message :)

Madonna talks more about the tour :

“The theme I really truly explore in this show more than anything is love and romance,” she said in a phone interview from her home in New York City last week. “I want people to walk out like they’re feeling inspired and like they’ve seen something they’ve never seen before (and) felt something they’ve never felt before.”

Madonna says picking the set list for her upcoming tour has been hard, mainly because she wants to sing her newest songs but also satisfy her longtime, die-hard fans.

“I realize I have 32 years of other songs, so I have to pick and choose. I sit there for weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out which of my old catalog I want to do,” she said. “It’s a puzzle that we have to put together ’cause thematically the songs — the old and the new — they have to go together; sonically they have to go together.”
She’s even picky about the costumes onstage.
“What people wear, from their footwear to the buttons on their jacket, is all very important to me,” she said.

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/22/madonna-compares-herself-to-picasso/

I really think everytime she quoted a song on Twitter she was probably considering it, maybe working on the tour version, but did not choose it as a fixed part of the tour.

Also, it seems to be that the quoting was more of a way of her teasing all her 80's fans, just like they did on the MDNA Tour and for RIT. It was always pre-Erotica tracks (not sure about RIT).

I think we will get a selection of those songs. It will probably be 50% RH tracks, 30% 80's and early 90's stuff and 20% of mid-late 90's/00's stuff.

She might choose the song based on the number of likes :p I'm joking of course, though it would not be a bad idea.

It could be really good or really bad, because, as she said in the interview, she has to make sure the song choices are satisfying and cohesive, sonically and thematically.

I am actually really curious to see how much she will be dancing this tour... In a lot of the promo appearances she did for the Rebel Heart album for living for love she was doing a lot of standing around and on the spot hand gestures and what not.... I know she's getting up there in age and she does get really tired but I just hope though that she will still kick ass as far as the choreography goes for the tour .

^I hope so, too, but she did unfortunately describe this tour as "intimate," so who knows. "Intimate" is a code word, I'm just not sure for what.

Having said that, you can most definitely have low-energy choreography that is extremely creative and interesting so I'm not particularly worried about a Britney Spears "arm-windmill" situation. You can always count on Madonna for well-thought-out choreography.

^I hope so, too, but she did unfortunately describe this tour as "intimate," so who knows. "Intimate" is a code word, I'm just not sure for what.

Having said that, you can most definitely have low-energy choreography that is extremely creative and interesting so I'm not particularly worried about a Britney Spears "arm-windmill" situation. You can always count on Madonna for well-thought-out choreography.

On the one hand, I love all the choreography and spectacle but people do use that against her to say she's all smoke and mirrors and style and has no substance musically. I think a more intimate show might show her talent more. She does have a good voice despite what people say. Some people feel the choreography is too rehearsed and cold and they are looking for a more intimate emotional personal experience in a concert. This album does have a lot of nice ballads like Ghosttown, Heartbreak City, Devil Pray and Joan of Arc that don't necessarily lend themselves to heavy choreography so I think a more intimate show might fit well with the album.

Guest bluejean

I am actually really curious to see how much she will be dancing this tour... In a lot of the promo appearances she did for the Rebel Heart album for living for love she was doing a lot of standing around and on the spot hand gestures and what not.... I know she's getting up there in age and she does get really tired but I just hope though that she will still kick ass as far as the choreography goes for the tour .

I think though that was also because she probably wanted the live vocals to sound good on TV. In concert it doesn't matter so much because she can use more playback and the vocals can't be heard as clearly as they can on a TV performance.

It all depends on what she has planned to do.. I personally am excited to see her despite on what she is planning, whether to be more rebel heart, more oldies, and regardless of the amount of dancing she is planning to do but I do want her to give her best in at least some numbers

Madonna always posted about the eyes wide open thing on her instagram. I just remembered it's the name of an Israeli film about gay relationships in the ultra Orthodox community. I believe Madonna referenced it in some interviews.

http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/archives/ficheFilm/id/318189E4-F06E-4C5F-A088-7115F6760FBF/year/2009.html

I suppose it could be that or something else maybe? But that sounds like something that would inspire Madonna.

Apart from Love and Romance, I am sure we'll have some party, dancing and fun: BIM, Holiday. Some religious imagery: Devil pray, Secret (I hope). And some bitchness and sad about ex Husband / BF: Unapologetic B., Heartbreak city

Love romance, would expect hold tight !

Now that Italy is getting hold tight for the radio/single, would be nice for the US as well.

Edited by Taj71