Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

This setlist can't be real... Nothing from 1992 to 2012 ?

Well she can do 19-20 songs at most, so if there are several songs from Rebel Heart and a lot of 80s stuff then there is really no room for more... Though I still can't believe she'd do a full performance of True Blue over Ray Of Light or Music!

Well she can do 19-20 songs at most, so if there are several songs from Rebel Heart and a lot of 80s stuff then there is really no room for more... Though I still can't believe she'd do a full performance of True Blue over Ray Of Light or Music!

This isn't 100% accurate especially given that Holiday has been confirmed and that is not on the list, but I don't have a problem with True Blue if the theme is supposedly romance. She needs to do more that have only been performed once (or not at all !). :)

Edited by elayman

This isn't 100% accurate especially given that Holiday has been confirmed and that is not on the list, but I don't have a problem with True Blue if the theme is supposedly romance. She needs to do more that have only been performed once (or not at all !). :)

It's not 100% confirmed.

He said they are working in it but that doesn't mean it's going to be selected. They're trying out different kind of things. Also regarding that "big surprise every night" I believe that she may perform different songs every night.

I'd love for some parts of the setlist to change from night to night. It seems like this would only be possible with ballads / guitar tunes since she and the dancers can't be expected to learn a new dance routine every night.

Still, she has such a wide catalogue of down tempo hits -- "Crazy for You," "Live to Tell," "This Used to be my Playground," "I'll Remember," "Take a Bow," "You'll See," "Frozen," "The Power of Goodbye" -- and so many more songs that can be rearranged into acoustic singalongs -- "Like a Virgin," "Papa Don't Preach," "Open Your Heart," "Like a Prayer" ... -- that she could keep fans guessing every night.

So Mike Dean is musical director?

I'm trying to figure this out myself. If so, I'M ALL FOR IT! I love it when new people are involved in her live shows.

So Mike Dean is musical director?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is..

After all, he co-wrote and/or co-produced the 5 'Kanye' songs on Rebel Heart + "Inside Out". He also co-mixed "Hold Tight" and "Messiah".

isn't that a good thing? isn't demo the one from MDNA tour? glad he may not be as involved

Kevin Antunes was the musical director for MDNA and Sticky.....

Kevin Antunes was the musical director for MDNA and Sticky.....

oh right thats who I meant. i keep confusing him with demo because he's another guy who got some criticism

I wouldn't be surprised if he is..

After all, he co-wrote and/or co-produced the 5 'Kanye' songs on Rebel Heart + "Inside Out". He also co-mixed "Hold Tight" and "Messiah".

Mike Dean is known for hip hop, R&B and Latino music, I don't think he has done much pop before so I'm quite pleasantly surprised they turned out so brilliantly.

I adore RH, one of my faves and I am heartbroken that most likely a good chunk of it will never get performed. However, this is MADONNA, she has soooooo many hits that invoke so many memories throughout my life. I could never "boycott" her show because she wants to sing LAV, LAP, ITG, Vogue, LTT, LIB etc etc etc. Seriously......how can anyone be mad at that?? Lol. Kind of comes across a little bratty honestly.....spoiled. Clearly these people have seen Madonna so many times already that the excitement factor is no longer there. I think she could announce her set list is all nursery rhymes at this point and her Australian and Asian fans will still be there dancing and singing every word with her.

Truly, I will be happy no matter what. Her catalogue is so rich, she could do all 80's, all 90's, all RH......b-sides....lol.....I'm there regardless. This will be my tenth time seeing her and I'm just as excited as the first!

I wish M-Tribe/Rama would do an exclusive tour setlist report like they did with previous tours so we could get some official news, not rumours!

No, more exciting to find out on opening night. Too many spoilers ruin the surprise. Plus we then will have pages and pages of people tearing their hair out about songs they hate etc.

No, more exciting to find out on opening night. Too many spoilers ruin the surprise. Plus we then will have pages and pages of people tearing their hair out about songs they hate etc.

But I love reading all that!!! :popcorn2:

Love Don't Live Here Anymore completely erases any credibility that list may have in my eyes. I really can't see it happening, at least not in that order. It's not even a well known Madonna track, it was a complete abysmal flop 😀

Love Don't Live Here Anymore completely erases any credibility that list may have in my eyes. I really can't see it happening, at least not in that order. It's not even a well known Madonna track, it was a complete abysmal flop

I am not saying that it will be in the set list but I would not call it an abysmal flop. It is a fan favourite and was on the Like a Virgin album. I do remember it being very loved by her fans and the first time we heard her sing a big ballad.

However, I don't believe the set-list either.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna did post the lyrics on her IG though. I love LDLHA. The original and Madonna version

Madonna did post the lyrics on her IG though. I love LDLHA. The original and Madonna version

Yes, I love it too. I don't quite believe the set-list because they picked the songs on her Instagram and then just added others but the order seemed so out of whack somehow. I could be wrong but just my gut feeling.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah that setlist is a bit iffy.

Yes mashed up with Heartbreak City would be awesome