Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

I don't see why she can't revisit the best of her back catalogue and still look forward to the future and create new stuff as well. It's not an either or. In fact, one of the major themes of the whole Rebel Heart album is that all your past experiences make you the person you are today. So you can't pretend the past never happened because it is those experiences that allow you to create the future.

I can't with all these high and mighty Madonna fans shitting on her hits. Really? You can "only experience that magic once"...?

And as if casual fans are the only ones that want to hear those songs?

Bullshit.

Not to mention Holiday is a classic...a quintessential Madonna song...that has been one of the most celebrated numbers in her shows since the very beginning.

Interview with Mike Dean

What are you working on these days?

I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hatsall that shit. It's kind of cool. We're working on "Holiday" right now.

https://www.thefader.com/2015/07/16/beat-construction-mike-dean

Sounds like Holiday is a definite.... YAY!!!!!!

Musical director?

Holiday will be on the Party section along BIM and Into the Groove, that kinda looks like the Party section on RIT, I miss Music :(

I'm happy for the oldies!!!! It seems like the IG setlist is true.

I can't with all these high and mighty Madonna fans shitting on her hits. Really? You can "only experience that magic once"...?

And as if casual fans are the only ones that want to hear those songs?

Bullshit.

Not to mention Holiday is a classic...a quintessential Madonna song...that has been one of the most celebrated numbers in her shows since the very beginning.

+1

Madonna wouldn't be Madonna without songs like "LAV" and "ITG" and "Vogue" -- these songs are part of the catalogue that made her the biggest star in the world and who she is today. Part of what her live shows an event and not just a rock show is that she takes these generation-defining megahits and breathes new life into them.

MDNA was a horrendous live experience for me. The late start time made people angry. They were downright hostile when she took the stage. People around me were sitting down and complaining loudly through most of the show. But you know what -- people still lost their shit when "Like a Prayer" came on. It was probably the highlight of the show for me because it's just fucking fun to be surrounded by people singing and dancing along. It's like you're at a party with 20,000 of your closest friends.

Personally, I'd love to have a show stuffed with the 90s hits that she's ignored -- especially since this album sounds so 90s -- but damn, I'll take an 80s party and I will love it.

Oh so her playing the hits is a bad thing?

I don't get people.

It's her back catalogue and the fact she has so many singles .

I cannot wait

Guest Rachelle of London

Guys what would you do if you heard the opening notes of Angel!!!!!!!

I think I would literally faint

I'd be falling on the floor quicker than Mariah at the lunch line at the free buffet

Guest Rachelle of London

I'd be falling on the floor quicker than Mariah at the lunch line at the free buffet

:dead:

I can't

Literally how I'd react, as I processed what was happening, from beginning to end of the song: :ohmy::laugh::confessions::clap::bow:

If that's true then it's such a cynical business decision - made purely to get asshole casual fans to buy tickets to see "that slutty blonde chick who was popular in the 80's, Madonna-whatsaname, sing that song Like a Prayer, or whatever, during another rad 80's-night party." Ugh, Madonna - you're better than this.

This. She is not and has never been an oldies act and I've always admired that about her. If she's giving into the demand and does the Immaculate Collection live I will be extremely disappointed in her and won't buy a ticket as I initially intended to.

LMAO!!! Me toooooooo

And if she really does perform Who's That Girl, I may just stand there and cry. I love that song so much

Edited by James0479

This. She is not and has never been an oldies act and I've always admired that about her. If she's giving into the demand and does the Immaculate Collection live I will be extremely disappointed in her and won't buy a ticket as I initially intended to.

She hasn't been an "oldies" act because she hasn't had too! This is the lowest selling album of her career that didn't even spawn a top 40 hit. Agism, sexism, tampering with the charts. Whatever the case may be, she needs to revisit her roots and celebrate her heritage. People need to hear Madonna again. If she does play her 80s hits, it's not a cynical business decision, it's a shrewd business decision.

Edited by KalamazooJay

Please don't buy a ticket for the sake of the people standing next to you. Don't ruin it for the "fags" that gonna lose their shit over brilliant songs that made us fans of hers right from the start! And for those who have never seen her perform those songs.

Guest Rachelle of London

So you haven't even got a ticket yet? Why you even worrying then?

Guest Rachelle of London

Please don't buy a ticket for the sake of the people standing next to you. Don't ruin it for the "fags" that gonna lose their shit over brilliant songs that made us fans of hers right at the start!

Exactly. Could you imagine the poor fags during Holiday screaming their heads off and have to put up with a miserable person next to them who only wants to hear b sides and alternate versions. How awful

Exactly. Could you imagine the poor fags during Holiday screaming their heads off and have to put up with a miserable person next to them who only wants to hear b sides and alternate versions. How awful

Ikr! I don't get these people!

Guest Rachelle of London

Ikr! I don't get these people!

Haven't even got tickets to the show and are complaining about speculated songs. I just cannot

Oh I really hope she doesn't do any of her own songs. All her music is shit. I don't want to spend money to hear songs that I've already heard on the CDs.

Oh I really hope she doesn't do any of her own songs. All her music is shit. I don't want to spend money to hear songs that I've already heard on the CDs.

:lmao::rotfl: Love your humour here Paul.

She should really change it up and do a tour of covers

I love holiday, personally though i would rather hear inside out or wash all over me live instead though but its madonna choice & i'll respect whatever she wants to do with her own show!

As I said, she needs to remind the world why she's Madonna through her MUSIC.

The woman has a catalogue that spans generations. She's simply not going to do that with her new music at this point. I think by embracing her past hits it'll humanize her in a way. She's always seemed to look upon her past hits with such disdain and I think this may have hurt her with general public, tbh. I love that she's finely staking claim as THE queen of pop.

Her performances, interviews, and overall attitude conjure up a sense of triumph & nostalgia all in one. And I think that's an accurate description of the generation she helped shape in the 80's. I think it's time she resonates again with the generation she so brilliantly influenced.

I definitely want to hear RH songs. But something tells me she's feeling an urge to play some forgotten classics.

Guest groovyguy
Some Dancers & Choreographers

‪#‎rebelhearttour‬

(Maria Wada, Jason Young, Ai Shimatsu, Sohey Sugihara, Derrell Bullock, Emilie Capel, Yaman Okur, Valeree Young, Stephanie Wings, Loic Mabanza, Lil Buck, Martha Nichols, Malikee, Megan Guwre, OG Mijo, Talibaan_Sheik, Aya & Bambi, Kupono Aweau)

11694835_733962553380278_439181260119198

11695962_733962560046944_285984466478882

11737971_733962563380277_409406905443968

10556272_733962556713611_100617356938321