Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

Apart from Love and Romance, I am sure we'll have some party, dancing and fun: BIM, Holiday. Some religious imagery: Devil pray, Secret (I hope). And some bitchness and sad about ex Husband / BF: Unapologetic B., Heartbreak city

I think maybe you're thinking too literally with regard to the "romance" quote and sections of the show. Critics lauded the warm romance of "Bedtime Stories" at the time of its release, even though the album was tinged with heartbreak, sadness and anger. "Music" is an album about falling in love, even though it contains the haunting "Paradise" and the soulful "Gone." She can put together a show that touches on different emotions and ideas while still tying it together with a romantic theme.

When she said romance, that to me meant both the positive happy side of love and the negative heartbreak side. I don't think it just means hearts and flowers and everything is all lovey dovey.

It means the sexual side of relationships as well as the emotional side. So there's a lot to explore I think.

Yes- in 1994, she said "Live to Tell" was a romantic song, and that's the last thing I think of when I hear that one. Maybe because, per her, she wrote it out of mad, passionate love for Sean (as the subject matter is not related to romance).

i can see why live to tell is romantic.. she probably thinks ballads like between the bars and you'll see are romantic. something introspective. the power of goodbye is romantic. would be nice if she sings that

Yes- in 1994, she said "Live to Tell" was a romantic song, and that's the last thing I think of when I hear that one. Maybe because, per her, she wrote it out of mad, passionate love for Sean (as the subject matter is not related to romance).

Romantic is not just scented candles, red wine and roses ya know..

Wait, people think she shouldn't perform "Holy Water" or "S.E.X."...........?

rhoa-623-nene-face-02.giftumblr_inline_muobvlr8dF1s96cm3.gif

I'm not antipathic towards these songs, but I too would rather see other songs from RH being performed than these two. Not because I don't want Madonna to show off her rebellious side or whatever, but because there are many better songs from the album IMO. Plus while I think Holy Water could receive an interesting treatment, I definitely don't see how SEX would get anyone but the hardcore fans excited.

i can see why live to tell is romantic.. she probably thinks ballads like between the bars and you'll see are romantic. something introspective. the power of goodbye is romantic. would be nice if she sings that

Not sure if Behind the Bars is romantic. It's actually about being an alcoholic, not a relationship. Eliot Smith the writer died of drinking too much.

Not sure if Behind the Bars is romantic. It's actually about being an alcoholic, not a relationship. Eliot Smith the writer died of drinking too much.

^ :scared:

Romance can also be a reference to Romanticism (capital and also lower-case R) which at the very least is a reference to The Age of Enlightenment, etc. A revolution of sorts against the pragmatism and disconnectedness of the modern world. The intro to Living For Love (the live performances) is, indeed, "this is going to be a revolution of love." So, in this respect, it need not be love as in, kiss-kissy, buggy-huggy. In which case, a justification can be made to alcoholism and death. Ugh, just got myself all excited about the potential of it all - not the death part, but the revolutionary aspects, mind you.

Further evidence is suggested by the Nietzsche quote at the end of the LFL video which tells us that philosophy is on her mind.

^ :scared:

Romance can also be a reference to Romanticism (capital and also lower-case R) which at the very least is a reference to The Age of Enlightenment, etc. A revolution of sorts against the pragmatism and disconnectedness of the modern world. The intro to Living For Love (the live performances) is, indeed, "this is going to be a revolution of love." So, in this respect, it need not be love as in, kiss-kissy, buggy-huggy. In which case, a justification can be made to alcoholism and death. Ugh, just got myself all excited about the potential of it all - not the death part, but the revolutionary aspects, mind you.

Further evidence is suggested by the Nietzsche quote at the end of the LFL video which tells us that philosophy is on her mind.

Exactly what I was thinking. With Romanticism also comes a certain sense of finding the beauty in darkness and melancholy. That's why I'm thinking that this tour won't be another Sticky and Sweet, but rather another DWT.

Romanticism

a (1) :a literary, artistic, and philosophical movement originating in the 18th century, characterized chiefly by a reaction against neoclassicism and an emphasis on the imagination and emotions, and marked especially in English literature by sensibility and the use of autobiographical material, an exaltation of the primitive and the common man, an appreciation of external nature, an interest in the remote, a predilection for melancholy, and the use in poetry of older verse forms (2) :an aspect of romanticism

Romanticism is my favourite era, I believe. It's so dark and mystical, yet so beautiful and relatable.

Is it weird that I want her to sing Erotica/You Thrill Me again?

As in, for her to perform it exactly the way she did in Confessions, move-by-move, beat-by-beat?

I'm listening to it now and the memory of the performance TRANSFORMS me.

I'm not antipathic towards these songs, but I too would rather see other songs from RH being performed than these two. Not because I don't want Madonna to show off her rebellious side or whatever, but because there are many better songs from the album IMO. Plus while I think Holy Water could receive an interesting treatment, I definitely don't see how SEX would get anyone but the hardcore fans excited.

tumblr_inline_nd162bCe2x1ryrsox.gif

Well, we know pole dancers are a part of the show...and she's said she's looking forward to performing those two songs...so, in some form or fashion they're highly likely to be a part of the show.

As for wanting to hear other songs from Rebel Heart, fine....but these songs, even with all their humor, are tied with the current battles that she's facing right now, and are a core part of the 'Rebel' side of the album. I highly doubt she's going to leave them out.

tumblr_inline_nd162bCe2x1ryrsox.gif

Well, we know pole dancers are a part of the show...and she's said she's looking forward to performing those two songs...so, in some form or fashion they're highly likely to be a part of the show.

As for wanting to hear other songs from Rebel Heart, fine....but these songs, even with all their humor, are tied with the current battles that she's facing right now, and are a core part of the 'Rebel' side of the album. I highly doubt she's going to leave them out.

Guest bluejean

My current fantasy setlist:

Iconic
Vogue

Holy Water
S.E.X. (with elements of Erotica)

Like a Virgin
Interlude: Inside Out

Bitch I’m Madonna

Material Girl

Into The Groove
Unapologetic Bitch (with elements of Hung Up)
HeartBreakCity (with elements of Love Don’t Live Here Anymore)

Interlude: Between The Bars

Rescue Me

Hold Tight (with elements of Nothing Really Matters)
Ghosttown

Like a Prayer

Devil Pray

Rebel Heart

Interlude: Joan of Arc

Deeper and Deeper

Who’s That Girl/La Isla Bonita

True Blue

Take a Bow

Living For Love

Music

Holiday