Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

All the things you listed doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad or lackluster perf. She barely moved in JML, the perf you mentioned, does that make it shit?

Vogue on MDNA was amazing because it was beautifully staged and Madonna's attitude and presence was killer. The costuming was top notch (I don't think it looked anything like JML 1993, which was supposed to look like My Fair Lady right? MDNA Vogue was just Gaultier high fashion themed), and let's face it she looked so fucking gorgeous.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

And performances like JML and Erotica on TGS may not have had rigorous choreography...but they were, and are, the very definition of 'performance art'....as is Vogue MDNA. If someone can't get that.... :rolleyes:

Interview with Mike Dean

What are you working on these days?

I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hats—all that shit. It's kind of cool. We're working on "Holiday" right now.

https://www.thefader.com/2015/07/16/beat-construction-mike-dean

Sounds like Holiday is a definite.... YAY!!!!!!

Brilliant news!!!! "Holiday" doesn't fit in with the "romance" theme, so this indicates that (assuming it stays on the set list and isn't just something they're considering), she'll definitely have "non-romance" songs (which leaves room for stuff like Music, ROL, LAP etc.).

Thanks for sharing the news!!! :thumbsup:

Interview with Mike Dean

What are you working on these days?

I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hats—all that shit. It's kind of cool. We're working on "Holiday" right now.

https://www.thefader.com/2015/07/16/beat-construction-mike-dean

Sounds like Holiday is a definite.... YAY!!!!!!

OH HELL NO!

Anything but goddamn Holiday, please.

I think Holiday is a good choice. She hasn't done it for a few tours. (Well she did an impromptu version on a few MDNA shows) but not in a full choreographed version. Casual fans love it. It always gets a good response and gets the party started.

I am so happy about Holiday! I was watching the S&S version a few days ago and it reminded him how much I want a new updated version on the Rebel Heart tour. However, I am starting to have doubts about all these oldies making the cut. It is becoming soon a 80s only show :D

Matthew Rettenmund (longtime NY fan and author of Encyclopedia Madonnica) has just posted on Facebook:

"I can't say much of what I know about the REBEL HEART TOUR, but it has TONS of oldies ..."

"Many '80s hits."

Surely she'll do frozen and ray of light for the tour. Not been heard in a while and never in Australia!

Matthew Rettenmund (longtime NY fan and author of Encyclopedia Madonnica) has just posted on Facebook:

"I can't say much of what I know about the REBEL HEART TOUR, but it has TONS of oldies ..."

"Many '80s hits."

:clap::clap::clap:

The crowd is going to go fucking insane. It's going to be incredible.

Now, if she dusts off some of the mid-90s mega-hits she's been ignoring -- "I'll Remember, "Secret," "Take a Bow," "You'll See" -- I will die from queening out so hard at this show.

........TONS of oldies ..."

"Many '80s hits."

If that's true then it's such a cynical business decision - made purely to get asshole casual fans to buy tickets to see "that slutty blonde chick who was popular in the 80's, Madonna-whatsaname, sing that song Like a Prayer, or whatever, during another rad 80's-night party." Ugh, Madonna - you're better than this.

Debbie downers!

She sang Dress you up and Holiday on talk shows, I'm sure it was pure fun for to sing them again after all these years. Yes GP want oldies but so do die hard fans too! Bring it on!

If that's true then it's such a cynical business decision - made purely to get asshole casual fans to buy tickets to see "that slutty blonde chick who was popular in the 80's, Madonna-whatsaname, sing that song Like a Prayer, or whatever, during another rad 80's-night party." Ugh, Madonna - you're better than this.

although she did the same for RIT.

hope its not just 80s but also 90s though. ROL should get attention too

and the good songs of rebel heart (joan of arc, body shop

Hey everyone 😀

I've lurked around here for a bit but haven't really posted.

I have to say though, I think it's high time she celebrates her back catalogue on tour. I feel for an artist of Madonna's caliber, her back catalogue is largely ignored. Especially when compared to Elvis, the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Prince. Hell, Even Janet.I think it'll be refreshing to be at a show where people are reminded of why they fell in love Madonna. In a way, she's at a point in her career where she almost needs to do this.

She's been extraordinarily nostalgic during this era and it appears she's tapping into that with this tour. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the segments celebrated different eras of her career with Rebel Heart songs peppered in.

Either way, I'm stoked for this tour in a way I haven't been since Drowned World. 😎

There's nothing wrong with doing her old 80's stuff. They are great songs she should be proud of. Her last two tours had a lot of newer stuff. It would be a problem if every tour she did was just based around the old stuff and did greatest hits tour after tour like some artists. But it's good she alternates tours with more new stuff and others with older stuff. She's said in a lot of interviews she misses the 80's and has been looking back so it makes sense.

Also, RH much like AL has a lot of slower songs that don't lend themselves to being performed in an arena as much. So she really has to put in more older stuff to get the tempo up.

Get off your high horse. "Casual" fans are still fucking Madonna fans. You don't need to post on a fucking forum to admire an artist. Knowing the words to the B-sides and unreleased demos doesn't you any better or any more important than anyone else who buys a ticket to the show. :rolleyes:

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna has one of the most amazing back catalogues of all time! She can celebrate it all she wants!!!

I can't wait.

All the twats that have a problem don't have to go to the shows then! No loss to anyone ESPECIALLY Madonna

Guest Rachelle of London

Hey everyone 😀

I have to say though, I think it's high time she celebrates her back catalogue on tour. I feel for an artist of Madonna's caliber, her back catalogue is largely ignored. Especially when compared to Elvis, the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Prince. Hell, Even Janet.I think it'll be refreshing to be at a show where people are reminded of why they fell in love Madonna. In a way, she's at a point in her career where she almost needs to do this.

She's been extraordinarily nostalgic during this era and it appears she's tapping into that with this tour. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the segments celebrated different eras of her career with Rebel Heart songs peppered in.

Either way, I'm stoked for this tour in a way I haven't been since Drowned World. 😎

I agree 100%! Welcome and please post more!

Hey everyone

Either way, I'm stoked for this tour in a way I haven't been since Drowned World.

Great post! I totally agree and Welcome. Post more!

"Many '80s hits."

YAAAASSSSS M! CANT WAIT

All I'm saying is that, unlike Elvis, etc,, Madonna is still ALIVE and I expect her to place a greater value on the present than on the past and not waste time reveling in some fetishized nostalgic bubble when she could be creating another Material Girl or another Vogue - if only you guys would give her the chance. Instead, casual fans (who, of course, have every right to want to hear the classics - I do, too) fail to appreciate that artistry is being stunted because revisiting certain songs over and over again for 3 decades is apparently not enough. What's wrong with me wanting to look forward to the future? She's doesn't look as if she's going to have another mainstream hit, and that's because people place a higher value on her past output than on her present. I want to look forward to songs that have not even been written yet; I've already lived through the oldies and felt their magic, but you can only feel that magic once. There's a future out there!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Nothing Really Matters.

Guest Rachelle of London

I want every 80s hit! If she does causin a commotion I may just wet myself

I need the Look of Love too!!!!