Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

I think there'll definitely be a shopping segment: material girl, body shop, candy shop 😉 love spent

:lol: very cute

I really like your ideas, what do u think will open the show & be the opening segment?

PARTY segment, if it actually ends up being a party segment.

So far, it looks like Iconic, Who's That Girl and Bitch I'm Madonna will end up together in some sort of "rising star" segment. If you listen to the songs there are lines that point towards each other. "Shine your light like a beautiful star! Show the World who you are, who you are!", then in Illuminati "Everybody in this party shining like Illuminati" and in Bitch I'm Madonna "You can't mess with this lucky star", which was the line she tagged the song with along with the tags #iconic and #bitchimmadonna. I think Iconic could be a video introduction like The Beast Within before she opens with either Illuminati or Bitch I'm Madonna or the other way around, who knows. There is an obvious link between WTG and BIM, especially if Diplo is gonna remix WTG in a similar fashion to his dubplate. Then there's Unapologetic Bitch which is the "end of a party". So, I suppose the first segment is gonna be based around Madonna being a star on the rise joining a party of the illuminati to become iconic.

1. Iconic (Video Introduction)

2. Illuminati / Vogue / Everybody

3. Bitch I'm Madonna

4. Who's That Girl / La Isla Bonita

5. Into the Groove / Music

6. Unapologetic Bitch

I think that's KINDA what we can expect for the first segment.

Take a breath JimmyJimmy lol

Bless you for your ideas and your love of Madonna is commendable, but she's never gonna do any of that 😀

Everyone is taking fan speculation about setlists and sections a ittle too seriously.

I think most likely she will do most of the songs she mentions in Instagram in some form, but I don't think the pictures she posts to go with the songs on there necessarily relate to the looks or the themes on the tour.

I don't think she thinks out her posts to Instagram to that degree but just posts what picture she can find or likes at the time.

Take a breath JimmyJimmy lol

Bless you for your ideas and your love of Madonna is commendable, but she's never gonna do any of that

Everyone is taking fan speculation about setlists and sections a ittle too seriously.

I'm just speculating. Never said anything I guessed is/was actually true. And how do you know she's not? If you say that I shouldn't take it too serious why do you take it so serious yourself? I was asked for my assumption regarding the first section and I answered. I honestly just like the fun of guessing. :) But I understand that I may come off as a bit pushy, sorry if that is the impression you get.

Do you guys think with this love theme she's been on lately we're getting Love Profusion?

Somehow I highly doubt that. What about Hollywood if she is wearing the glamorous evening gown look she referenced? If she were to do something from AL, I think it would be AL or Hollywood. I really want her to do Hollywood live!

Hollywood would be a highlight for me, it's one of my favorite M songs. But somehow I doubt that she is performing these non-hits.

Rebel Heart is a mammoth album and it's going to be very hard to pick a selection because so many songs are good and represent the album well. On the other side there is a huge demand for hits and classics because MDNA didn't feauture that many of them (and also because she is visiting places like Australia again). I'm pretty sure she is trying to find a good balance but at the same time I don't see her picking songs like Hollywood or Love Profusion, sadly.

She may change things up a little bit this time and create various megamixes in order to squeeze as many songs into the show as possible.

I really don't know what to expect from the setlist but I demand at least one huge surprise a la Rescue Me, Bad Girl or Nothing Really Matters.

So, Sander Kleinenberg himself apparently told RTL Boulevard that M is planning to use a new edit of his BIM remix on the tour....

So, Sander Kleinenberg himself apparently told RTL Boulevard that M is planning to use a new edit of his BIM remix on the tour....

Hopefully just a sample because his remix is basic.

@@Sloane Lyrically and sonically, Love Profusion would definitely fit and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on the setlist. It really depends on whether she's going for what @@DagIN said basically.

I think Megamixes/Medleys will definitely be a thing. She has to fit in a lot of her old songs because the demand is huge. On the other hand, I just don't see her going for an all-hits tour and ignoring the majority of RH when she truly seems to be loving the album that much. And I also think she's kind of tired of performing the same songs over and over again, which would explain some if the weird song choices she's been teasing recently. I still think that she's mixing a lot of the songs she's been performing a lot into medleys and will add some more obscure choices and a lot of RH. She really seems to be in a rediscovery-mode of all her old stuff. I mean, WTG...LDLHA :dramatic: All I need is Everybody, NRM, something from AL and Take a Bow honestly...

She seemed so bored with the classics on the MDNA Tour, it was so painfully obvious. Papa Don't Preach would have been killer as a full song in the place of Hung Up, tho I completely understand why she did that version of HU. Vogue, although epic as hell was a bit of an autopilot performance and LAP she got away with barely having to sing it and made it a fan singalong. I'm praying for an Aya and Bambi choreographed Vogue, that's all Im really wishing for as it will be my first time seeing her. The mega mix thing is a great idea but she's never done one before so I don't know how likely it is. Fingers crossed.

Guest bluejean

That may be the case but I bet it's an interlude. There's no way she's not going to perform the album version of that track. It's the only known new song.

Guest Rachelle of London

Please don't M that remix is shocking!

Hollywood mixed with Illumanti as an interlude. I've called that one for ages

Please don't M that remix is shocking!

Hollywood mixed with Illumanti as an interlude. I've called that one for ages

I'm sure there'll be a new mix with a hint of his added, more polished and bigger.

"Planning on using" is not the same as "using."

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "Beat Goes On" scenario a la Sticky - i.e. she'll perform the proper album/single version whilst the remix is used as some form of interlude.

That's assuming this is a true story to begin with. Smells like fakery to me...

Love profusion. Really. Why would anyone ever want to see that sang 'live', c'mon. Everyone disagrees on each other on dream set lists..instagram or not, still no list. Oh the thrill of a Madonna tour, we think we all know it all.

Edited by Taj71

Love profusion. Really. Why would anyone ever want to see that sang 'live', c'mon. Everyone disagrees on each other on dream set lists..instagram or not, still no list. Oh the thrill of a Madonna tour, we think we all know it all.

And Nothing Really Matters too! Absolutely disgusting!

Love Profusion is such a beautiful song it makes me feel so happy when I listen to it.

I'd love to hear it live 😄

She seemed so bored with the classics on the MDNA Tour, it was so painfully obvious. Papa Don't Preach would have been killer as a full song in the place of Hung Up, tho I completely understand why she did that version of HU. Vogue, although epic as hell was a bit of an autopilot performance and LAP she got away with barely having to sing it and made it a fan singalong. I'm praying for an Aya and Bambi choreographed Vogue, that's all Im really wishing for as it will be my first time seeing her. The mega mix thing is a great idea but she's never done one before so I don't know how likely it is. Fingers crossed.

While LAP was (very unfortunately!!) mainly a fan singalong in Miami, at the three shows I went to, it was only in the very last section that she got fans to sing a few lines of the chorus (in the extended section near the end). She sang every note herself for the first 3/4 of the song. Did she sing less and less as the tour progressed?

Guest Rachelle of London

She sang the whole of LAP except for the not after Nicki sings when she handed the audience the mic for 2 lines. It's only the DVD recording in Miami where she gave the audience the mic so often. Watch some of the clips or listen to some of the show audio. Rome in particular

Even the Dallas show I went to where she had laryngitis she gave the audience the mic but some twat yanked her down so that cut that short.

I agree very much about Vogue. Good performance but Vogue deserves epic not just good. I hope she's more interested this time around if she does perform it.

At the show I was at, she sang most of Like A Prayer. To me she seemed to enjoy singing all the songs old and new. Express Yourself was one of the best performances of the tour. She seemed to really enjoy it. Papa Don't Preach is kind of weird one even though I love it, because it's about a teenager who's pregnant so it's hard to make it believable or fit it into themes of the show if she sings all of it. So perhaps that is why she only did a portion.

Whereas a lot of the other older songs the lyrics are more timeless and not as specific.

Guest Rachelle of London

She loves the all the classics she performed on MDNA. Her face always lit up during EY. As that was the first song most the audience recognised the crowd was always going mad at that point. One of my highlights.

I often wonder if M notices or cares about the fact that as soon as she whips out a classic the audiences enthusiasm increases ten fold. It must be a little disheartening when you've put your heart and soul into a new album and seeing the sometimes muted response it can get from a crowd. Must be more noticeable when she hears the reaction to an oldie but goodie!

She loves the all the classics she performed on MDNA. Her face always lit up during EY. As that was the first song most the audience recognised the crowd was always going mad at that point. One of my highlights.

In London, the sudden uplift in cheers and participation was noticeable when Papa Don't preach kicked in!

She really must start strongly and weave the new stuff in.