Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

14 RH tracks (not including your "maybe" selections)? Really? I know you love the album, but there's no way in the world she's going to do 14 songs from just one album. Why do you think she'll do 14+ RH tracks?

Well, she clearly loved the album enough to include 19 songs. It really depends on how passionate she is about it. Back in 1999 it had been confirmed that Madonna was gonna perform ALL of the songs from Ray of Light and some songs from BS, Evita and STR. No classics or only very very few. In 2001 she did exactly that. She was initially going to play all of Music, had it not been for the II/Amazing label disagreement. 24 tracks were played at RIT, one of them being a medley.

I think with a catalogue that contains around 200 songs by now and a new album that has 25 tracks, 19 being on the regular edition she will either have to do very very few classics or cut a lot of the tracks from the supporting album. I think in order for her to fit in enough songs, mashups and medleys are THE perfect and most-satisfying way. Janet has done the same thing on her recent tours. Her setlist had like 30 tracks squeezed into 24 performances. Madonna can do the same thing.

For the MDNA tour she did 10 songs from MDNA and 13 oldies. If some songs are mixed with other songs, anything can happen!

Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Some Girls, I Don't Give A, Gimme All Your Luvin', Turn Up the Radio, I'm a Sinner, Beautiful Killer (once), Masterpiece, Love Spent (as part of a medley), Best Friend, Falling Free, Celebration, Revolver

Some Girls was originally in Vogue's place and Falling Free was supposed to be an interlude. All in all that's 13 new tracks that were performed, one way or the other with 15 of them being considered. That's quite a lot, if you ask me. She did a medley of PDP and HU and a medley of LS and LAV. So I believe, this time around it will be the same exact thing, especially with a lot of the 80's tracks.

I don't think video interludes or snippets should count when discussing these things.

Her thing seems to be doing 19 songs live, based on the past 3 tours (21 on RIT including short Lament + Imagine and 18 on DWT without The Funny Song).

On MDNA Tour initially she did 10 new songs (including Revolver & Celebration) and 9 oldies. She did add Love Spent that tipped the balance but in the end it was more like a medley since Like A Virgin got shortened because of it.

So I doubt she'd do it radically different this time around despite the fact that she has the most songs ever recorded for an album...

HUH? Honestly...you never know.

I think people are forgetting that the standard edition of RH contains 14 tracks, while the deluxe edition features 19. The standard edition of MDNA featured 12 tracks and the deluxe featured 16.

This will be the first time Madonna has toured in support of an album that doesn't have a hit single (MDNA had two European hits, but this time around,, only GT can be called a proper hit anywhere, really, and even then, its success has been limited). DWT was very ROL/Music centric, but ROL, Frozen, DW/SFL, BS, Music, DTM and WIFLFAG were all internationally successful, and their parent albums had sold well over 20m copies between them by the time she toured (i.e. the majority of the audience would have been familiar with the majority of the set list). Ultimately, she played 8/10 of the tracks on "Music" (I think you forgot RL, JimmyJimmy), but any artist can get away with playing most of a 10-track album on their latest tour, regardless of how big it is.

I don't remember hearing that Madonna had intended to perform all of ROL on tour in 1999 - I'd love to read the article/interview, though!

Madonna loved AL and declared that it was her favourite album at the time, but she ended up not performing half of the album live and featuring an additional track as an interlude, so anything is possible.

I think people are forgetting that the standard edition of RH contains 14 tracks, while the deluxe edition features 19. The standard edition of MDNA featured 12 tracks and the deluxe featured 16.

This will be the first time Madonna has toured in support of an album that doesn't have a hit single (MDNA had two European hits, but this time around,, only GT can be called a proper hit anywhere, really, and even then, its success has been limited). DWT was very ROL/Music centric, but ROL, Frozen, DW/SFL, BS, Music, DTM and WIFLFAG were all internationally successful, and their parent albums had sold well over 20m copies between them by the time she toured (i.e. the majority of the audience would have been familiar with the majority of the set list). Ultimately, she played 8/10 of the tracks on "Music" (I think you forgot RL, JimmyJimmy), but any artist can get away with playing most of a 10-track album on their latest tour, regardless of how big it is.

I don't remember hearing that Madonna had intended to perform all of ROL on tour in 1999 - I'd love to read the article/interview, though!

Madonna loved AL and declared that it was her favourite album at the time, but she ended up not performing half of the album live and featuring an additional track as an interlude, so anything is possible.

The "standard edition" was a management decision. Madonna and Guy, both said that the 19-track edition is the complete album, the way it was always intended to be. It was different with MDNA.

MDNA didn't have a proper hit either and the only one that can be counted ended up being a 2:00 remixes version of it. This album has a strong concept and message she is trying to convey and I think she will take the opportunity to showcase it on the tour as she already hinted at in her most recent instagram post.

She told Kurt Loder in that Ultrasound special

She told Kurt Loder in that Ultrasound special

Ah OK! I've had a look and back when she was recording the album (in October 2007), Kurt asked her which old songs she's like to perform on her next tour and she said that she didn't want to perform any of them. He clarified "Nothing?" and she said that she wouldn't ignore all of them, but explained that it was hard to perform the old songs with feeling, because she was in a different place in her life. He asked her if she could go out on the road and "just do the new album" and she said 'I'd like to....I don't know if I could do that" and then Kurt said, "Who would stop you?", prompting Madonna to turn to the camera and sassily say "Nobody! I'm glad you asked that!" There must be something else out there that confirms that she was only going to perform all of ROL, because this definitely isn't confirmation.

Ah OK! I've had a look and back when she was recording the album (in October 2007), Kurt asked her which old songs she's like to perform on her next tour and she said that she didn't want to perform any of them. He clarified "Nothing?" and she said that she wouldn't ignore all of them, but explained that it was hard to perform the old songs with feeling, because she was in a different place in her life. He asked her if she could go out on the road and "just do the new album" and she said 'I'd like to....I don't know if I could do that" and then Kurt said, "Who would stop you?", prompting Madonna to turn to the camera and sassily say "Nobody! I'm glad you asked that!" There must be something else out there that confirms that she was only going to perform all of ROL, because this definitely isn't confirmation.

I think Liz talked about it too. At least that's what I read in one of threads. Anyway, if you think about it would have been quite logical too. She wanted to tour BS in 1995 but couldn't due to Evita. Then, in 1996 she said she may tour it alongside the STR songs and some Evita tracks. That didn't happen either, so the ROL would have had the main focus on stuff that was yet to be performed on tour, which is exactly what she did in 2001 as well. 11 songs from BS, 3 from STR maybe 4 from Evita and 13 from Ray of Light. Even with some omissions there really doesn't seem to be mich room for classics left.

Anyway, in the case of RH 14 vs. 11 seems like a good balance to me, especially if mashups and medleys are happening and two of the RH songs end up as interludes.

CARTA, isn't BIM considered a "hit single" ? maybe not in terms of airplay charting but the video just shy of 50 MILLION views

is considered a hit. no ? :mellow:

The album did very well around the globe. She would have hit #1 in the US if she wasn't besten by Empire. Living for Love, despite being a hit is known due to the exposure it got. Bitch I'm Madonna is pretty well-known bc of the video. So technically the singles weren't hits but ppl should have acknowledged their existence at least.

I believe Veni Vidi Vici could be a interlude. :think:

Yes, it would be a good interlude because it sums up her career. I can't really see her doing it live because it has the Nas rap.

Why do so many of you think she won't be doing Best Night? Madonna is a very sexual person. My bet is she's doing it.

Why do so many of you think she won't be doing Best Night? Madonna is a very sexual person. My bet is she's doing it.

It would so well! I love this song!

Imagine opening the show with 'You can call me M tonight'

And 'this will be the best night of you life'!

CARTA, isn't BIM considered a "hit single" ? maybe not in terms of airplay charting but the video just shy of 50 MILLION views

is considered a hit. no ? :mellow:

No...

Sales and Charts = Hits

It would so well! I love this song!

Imagine opening the show with 'You can call me M tonight'

And 'this will be the best night of you life'!

This is exactly how the show needs to start! "You can call me M tonight"!!!!! It just screams opening track. I know it's mid-tempo, but Madonna can totally pull this off. "Best Night" is just fantastic!

Edited by UnapologeticRebel

I mean...we know Living For Love, Ghosttown and Bitch I'm Madonna will be there for sure. Now we know Iconic is officially included. That's already 4 songs.

I'm almost sure Devil Pray and Joan Of Arc will be there as well.

She also teased Body Shop right?

I do hope Wash All Over Me, Inside Out or Messiah (one of these) are also included.

One more thing... Frozen followed by Ghosttown and La Isla Bonita followed by Devil Pray...these 2 are moments waiting to happen!

aaw this looks great !!!! Vogue and that Iconic video with Mike sounds great....looking forward to it. and she should open with Best night !!!!