Crow Voice...

tasteinmen

I don't get what you guys mean when you say Madonna has a crow voice?? Especially Hard Candy.... I don't get it, she doesn't like a crow to me!

I could go into detail here. But let's just say that any post Evita training live vocal that

has either a shrill/strained or wobbly quality qualifies as a bonafide Madonna crow vocal.

And I should know, I invented the term during a Napster chat in 1999 :rotfl:

when I was discussing her ROL promo vocals VMA/EMA/GRAMMY with

some chick who popped up on my screen.

I later introduced the term on Madonnarama & Dotmusic forums.

In a nutshell.

I've never understand the term either. Are you saying all her vocals since ROL are bad. ROL is widely praised as some of her best vocals.

The Borderline performance doesn't sound good because of the loud guitars and she is trying to shout over the guitars instead of singing in her normal tone. Her voice isn't suited to loud rock music.

I've never understand the term either. Are you saying all her vocals since ROL are bad. ROL is widely praised as some of her best vocals.

No her tone had just changed, with her little mannerisms, she started relying heavily on her head voice

and her charming husky tones had completely vanished...WTG/BAT/GS all packed that Mick Jagger punch

...in she short she stopped belting & started trying too hard...although RIT had the best of both worlds.

No her tone had just changed, with her little mannerisms, she started relying heavily on her head voice

and her charming husky tones had completely vanished...WTG/BAT/GS all packed that Mick Jagger punch

...in she short she stopped belting & started trying too hard...although RIT had the best of both worlds.

I don't understand this at all. Madonna has never been a belter or does she have a husky voice. WTG and BAT had some of her poorest live vocals so that makes no sense. She has never sounded remotely like Mick Jagger.

She may go off key especially when she's dancing but I don't think her tone has changed radically.

I don't understand this at all. Madonna has never been a belter or does she have a husky voice. WTG and BAT had some of her poorest live vocals so that makes no sense. She has never sounded remotely like Mick Jagger.

She may go off key especially when she's dancing but I don't think her tone has changed radically.

It's really not an exact science. I don't think she sounds like Mick Jagger at all...i'm just saying she used her voice in a similar

manner when singing live. Nor am I pretending she was Aretha Franklin when she sang Everybody on the Girlie Show.

Crow means she sounds like the call of a crow. Think of a horror film set in a bleak graveyard where the sound of a crow breaks the eerie silence.

It doesn't mean crowing - the shrill vocals of an prim and elderly lady singing hymns at church.

A fairly good example is "...Forbidden laaaaaaav, are we supposed to be together?" From the Confessions Tour.

I don't get what you guys mean when you say Madonna has a crow voice?? Especially Hard Candy.... I don't get it, she doesn't like a crow to me!

I don't get it either..

Wow. Those borderline vocals are harsh. Damn. If that we're anyone else everyone on this site would have ridiculed the artist.

It's because of the loud guitars and she's trying to shout over them. It's not her usual style of music or singing. She sounds good in the same tour where she is doing more pop/dance songs that are more suited to her voice.

Guest Rachelle of London

The crow is legendary! Personally I live for the crow! Every 4 minutes performance was crowtastic! I missed the crow during MDNA however she did unleash a little during the South American performances of Candy Shawp

Wow. Those borderline vocals are harsh. Damn. If that we're anyone else everyone on this site would have ridiculed the artist.

99% of artists especially ones that tour a lot if you search through all their performances you can find some equally bad performances. No one can sound good all the time, however it doesn't mean such bad performances are how they sound all or the majority of the time.

She's never belted??? Have you never heard Rescue Me or any of the remixes???

"R.E.S.C.U.E. me, only you can rescue me, hey hey, heeeeeeyyyyy. Oh, yeah, hey, oh...."

She belted!

Madonna husky? Yes. i.e. Spanish Eyes, Supernatural, What Can You Lose...

Mind you, she's no Bonnie Tyler. But there's definite husk there.