Crazy but fun things we do as Madonna fans

Jazzy Jan

Just for a laugh, thought it would be fun to admit to crazy things we do as Madonna fans. Here is mine.

I have a cheeky red heeler dog who loves to pose at the bottom of the stairs when I come down them - with his legs up in the air and wanting a tummy rub. When he does that, I always sing to him " Hearing the others say - look at you, look at you" He knows the words and tune and I also sing it to him when he is just sitting around. So now he also always rolls over when he hears it for a tummy rub, no matter where he is. See, he is a fan of the song Rebel Heart. :laugh: No, I am not certifiable but have taught my dog to love and recognise Madonna songs.

Nothing current but I remember when I was about 10 I was using/playing on MSN Encarta (showing my age! LOL!). I would just mess around and look for info and play this Maze game and just guess the answers. I was 9/10 and this was one of my favorite activities on the computer. Anywho, I was so impressed with how much info was on there that I decided to test it. I wanted to see if it had everything so I chose a topic that I felt that was very well known but couldn't possibly or maybe be on something as 'serious' as an encyclopedia. I typed in 'Madonna' in the search engine and yes, she showed up. I was remember how floored I was and thinking 'That's awesome!' The article listed her as 'entertainer'. I didn't read the whole thing but I read enough of it to confirm that was about her. I even remember the pic that was used. It was from the Girlie Show during the Vogue segment.

Just this week, the radio station they have on at my local supermarket

always plays Ghostown, it's happened 2me 4 times in the past few days,

so i keep faffing about, walking around...'till she's finished singing...and

i kinda sing along under my breath & give people the

'man-i'm-really-into-this-song-y'all-should-go-out-and-buy-the-album' look :D

The point is, I own the record I don't need 2 hear it at the store, but really I do :-)

When I was 14, my friend and I bought Madonna posters at the mall and paraded around the entire mall, holding them up in the air. It was like our own little gay pride parade back in '92. :lol:

I also sprained my neck in 8th grade by whipping my head around like she does in the Like a Prayer video and had to wear a neck brace to school for a few days. :madonna2:

And everyone knows my Material Girl story...

:madgemanson:

When I was 13 me and my gay BFF snuck in his stepfathers business partners office

and started calling people up from the phone book asking them how they felt about

Madonna standing up 4 gay rights...after a few calls the business partner walked in on

us just as my gay bff was about to complete the sentence:

"Hello ma'am how do you feel about Madonna defending ga...err....*gasping for air* erm, animal rights?"

I don't think I've ever blushed so hard in my life...we nearly blew our cover.

The year was 1993.

LAP was released when I was in Year 11 and when the Pepsi commercial was released, I switched from Coke to Pepsi (even though I'd always been a Coca Cola lover and rarely, if ever, drank Pepsi). My friends thought it was hilarious, but they thought it was even funnier when I dumped Pepsi like a rock when the campaign was over!! Oddly enough, I now much prefer Pepsi (Max) :)

Can't believe spent so much time and $$$ attending M concerts. :shock:

Will be seeing her for her sixth tour and twelfth time when I finally decide which show to attend.

Amazing and very special memories!

When I was 14, my friend and I bought Madonna posters at the mall and paraded around the entire mall, holding them up in the air. It was like our own little gay pride parade back in '92. :lol:

That is so awesome, seeing someone walking around with a Madonna poster in the air would have put the biggest smile on my face.

I feel a similar way today when I wear my Madonna shirts in public (on the metro especially). I feel like a lot of people really stare at the shirts (hello, how can you not be transfixed by her image) and it's my own little way of reminding people about this amazing woman. It's also like a form of "guerrilla promo", haha.

I like to DJ from time to time as well, or just play music at parties, and her music is ALWAYS played in the mix when I have control.

So these aren't that crazy of examples, but I do remember in the 90's I scribbled the "Poor is the man whose pleasure depends..." lyric on a five dollar bill and slipped it to a cashier so it got put out there, lol.

I guess I am just crazily obsessed with this woman. :laugh:

Nothing current but I remember when I was about 10 I was using/playing on MSN Encarta (showing my age! LOL!). I would just mess around and look for info and play this Maze game and just guess the answers. I was 9/10 and this was one of my favorite activities on the computer. Anywho, I was so impressed with how much info was on there that I decided to test it. I wanted to see if it had everything so I chose a topic that I felt that was very well known but couldn't possibly or maybe be on something as 'serious' as an encyclopedia. I typed in 'Madonna' in the search engine and yes, she showed up. I was remember how floored I was and thinking 'That's awesome!' The article listed her as 'entertainer'. I didn't read the whole thing but I read enough of it to confirm that was about her. I even remember the pic that was used. It was from the Girlie Show during the Vogue segment.

That maze game!!!

I pretend I'm meeting Madonna when I'm alone. I pretend cry and I pretend Madonna is in front of me and I pretend tell her a bunch of stuff. I always make sure to pretend tell her about releasing the Blonde Ambition tour on DVD. This usually happens in the shower when no one is around because it's kind of embarrassing, but whatever.

Before the internet. Every single picture of M that I would find in magazines, I would cut out and make poster boards. I made several really good ones. Still have them. I'll post pics some day...

I have a friend in Japan who came to visit me in August 1993. She's also a huge M fan. (We met through ICON) On August 16th, we got a cake and had 'Happy Birthday Madonna' written on it. My bf at the time made fun of us.

I update and perfect my Madonna iTunes daily. I have several iPods with just her on them.

I make my own 'single' album covers for every song.

I practice her dance moves when I'm alone. I do a killer Papa Don't Preach.

I make spreadsheets with my personal statistics of plays and favorites, etc...

Before the internet. Every single picture of M that I would find in magazines, I would cut out and make poster boards. I made several really good ones. Still have them. I'll post pics some day...

I have a friend in Japan who came to visit me in August 1993. She's also a huge M fan. (We met through ICON) On August 16th, we got a cake and had 'Happy Birthday Madonna' written on it. My bf at the time made fun of us.

I update and perfect my Madonna iTunes daily. I have several iPods with just her on them.

I make my own 'single' album covers for every song.

I practice her dance moves when I'm alone. I do a killer Papa Don't Preach.

I make spreadsheets with my personal statistics of plays and favorites, etc...

Wow that is impressive, very Monica

image.jpg

When I was 10 or 11 years old, I told my dad that I wanted to be buried with all my Madonna photos, and I remember him getting REALLY mad at me for saying that. Whatever.