Hamptonites outraged at Madonna's "farm fraud"

XXL

This is the most boring Madonna news I've read all year!!

Why can't she be left alone at home??

Hey XXL, I dont understand your logic when comparing these two items so hard for me to respond. Im not sure what either have to do with one another.

A bitchy person from inside a bitchy persons inner circle being bitchy in a harmless way in an interview. (who cares? - especially when its about someone who does the same thing to others, arguably, in a more vicious way.)

This issue:

A one percenter taking advantage of a tax benefit meant for the ninety nine percenters is fucked up especially when said one percenter takes positions of being in support of a better world, earth, equality and all sorts of other liberal and fair ideas. Just feels hypocritical to me. No need to argue this as theres nothing to argue here. That said, Im in no way surprised at all by this move. Just never been a fan of this side of her. Luckily, I can focus on her music.

"The Madonna you can't stand"? I'm not following your logic

You don't have a problem with Niki Harris being blatantly bitchy and bitter about not getting the call for RIT while looking high on some trashy late summer night tabloid TV programme but you think Madonna is doing something wrong by planting some trees in her own bought land? She's thrifty, we know that, she's not doing anything illegal and the people complaining wouldn't give a shit if it wasn't Madonna, rich woman vs any random loaded hedge fund manager, like other posters have said. These people are jealous as fuck, that's all there is to it

"She doesn't want people seeing her ride AND FALL" Doesn't that tell you everything about those supposed neighbouring protesters?

Hey XXL, I dont understand your logic when comparing these two items so hard for me to respond. Im not sure what either have to do with one another.

A bitchy person from inside a bitchy persons inner circle being bitchy in a harmless way in an interview. (who cares? - especially when its about someone who does the same thing to others, arguably, in a more vicious way.)

This issue:

A one percenter taking advantage of a tax benefit meant for the ninety nine percenters is fucked up especially when said one percenter takes positions of being in support of a better world, earth, equality and all sorts of other liberal and fair ideas. Just feels hypocritical to me. No need to argue this as theres nothing to argue here. That said, Im in no way surprised at all by this move. Just never been a fan of this side of her. Luckily, I can focus on her music.

You make a lot of assumptions. We have no idea what she does with that extra $$. Also, what is "this side" of her? It sounds like you have totally bought the media perception of Madonna.....the perception that she's tight, cheap, rude, bitchy and cold. As a fan you should know how smart yet generous she is with her $$. I think suggesting she should make some sort statement about donating to a cause is completely ridiculous. Why should she have to prove anything to anyone?

This issue:

I'm saying you're assuming Madonna is a hypocrite because she's taking advantage of something perfectly legal to save some cash and get herself and her children shielded from the prying eyes of anyone who lives or comes near her Hamptons property while at the same time you're much more inclined and ready to make excuses for someone who came off as resentful towards her at not getting what she thought was automatically owed to her and therefore did what she knows Madonna hates the most: people she trusts blabbing to the press about her private life, and the C-list press of them all.

Of course I know Niki has been a huge part of her professional history together with Donna and they were also friends, which is something I've always appreciated, all the more reasons not to behave the way she did on some D-list TV show airing at midnight in August simply for not having been selected for a Madonna tour for the first time in 17 years time

Madonna has generously donated to AIDS and Cancer research for decades now and literally poured millions into Pakistan, Malawi and other difficult poverty-stricken countries, but if what's she's doing with her country house seems so hypocritical to you I'm fine with it

Unless you're referring to the TOD atmosphere which was meant to be so on purpose, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who's actually known Madonna who would describe Madonna's personal or professional conduct as bitchy, cold, unkind, exploitative or any of those negative connotations

Arsenio Hall 1992: "what astounds me is that she puts up this facade of bad assness but she's one of the sweetest girls out there"

Love to hear how most of those Hamptonites earned their money. Marriage perhaps??? Such a hard climb for them, and then they have the audacity to pick on someone who went out and earned it.

:rotfl::rotfl::chuckle::clap:

Madonna's capital sins:

1. not having married it

2. not having inherited it

3. not having stolen it

4. being a woman plus all of the above

I would somehow understand the issue with the tax break if this was all happening in a broke city like Detroit. But she is getting the tax break from Bridgehampton which is hardly a poor city. I have no numbers but would like to believe that the Hamptons together with Beverly Hills are the richest communities in the U.S. Considering how much the prices have risen to buy a property there, the property taxes and therefore the income of those communities must be insane. Those communities can actually afford it. And as I mentioned before, with her horse farm she runs a year round business that supports the community. She employs local people, she buys from local farmers. This is much more then all those hedge fund managers do. You wanna look for a villain? Take these hedge fund honchos! They have made living there unaffordable for normal people.

No im referring to the persona, Madonna. What do i care about private life Madonna? I am referring to the celebrity, Madonna. I am working with the persona that is put forward to the public and is well established. Im not saying its her only one.

We are talking about public personas.

Unless you're referring to the TOD atmosphere which was meant to be so on purpose, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who's actually known Madonna who would describe Madonna's personal or professional conduct as bitchy, cold, unkind, exploitative or any of those negative connotations

Arsenio Hall 1992: "what astounds me is that she puts up this facade of bad assness but she's one of the sweetest girls out there"

These are all assumptions. We can argue back and forth but the way one person perceives something may not be the way another person does.

I'm saying you're assuming Madonna is a hypocrite because she's taking advantage of something perfectly legal to save some cash and get herself and her children shielded from the prying eyes of anyone who lives or comes near her Hamptons property while at the same time you're much more inclined

I dont think you are understanding me. She should do whatever she needs to, to protect her children. Whether she uses loopholes (like so many others) or chooses another route is completely up to her. I just dont feel like its in line with the spiritual higher than thou let me teach you something person she portrays sometimes.

and ready to make excuses for someone who came off as resentful towards her at not getting what she thought was automatically owed to her and therefore did what she knows Madonna hates the most: people she trusts blabbing to the press about her private life, and the C-list press of them all.

I dont think you are understanding me again. This goes back to perspective. I thought her interview was funny and didnt pick up the resentment you did. She gave her own personal perspective on a woman she knows alot more than you or I. There's nothing blabby about that. What if someone asked you, your opinion on your old boss, or friend or whatever. Are you not allowed to share your personal opinion? Im not sure what else to say other than we dont have similar perspectives in this case.

Madonna is absolutely generous in areas she wants to be generous and for her own personal reasons (whether its to push a cause, to claim tax benefits or whatever other reasons rich people start charities). Im not taking that away from her.

I'm saying you're assuming Madonna is a hypocrite because she's taking advantage of something perfectly legal to save some cash and get herself and her children shielded from the prying eyes of anyone who lives or comes near her Hamptons property while at the same time you're much more inclined and ready to make excuses for someone who came off as resentful towards her at not getting what she thought was automatically owed to her and therefore did what she knows Madonna hates the most: people she trusts blabbing to the press about her private life, and the C-list press of them all.

Of course I know Niki has been a huge part of her professional history together with Donna and they were also friends, which is something I've always appreciated, all the more reasons not to behave the way she did on some D-list TV show airing at midnight in August simply for not having been selected for a Madonna tour for the first time in 17 years time

Madonna has generously donated to AIDS and Cancer research for decades now and literally poured millions into Pakistan, Malawi and other difficult poverty-stricken countries, but if what's she's doing with her country house seems so hypocritical to you I'm fine with it

These are all assumptions. We can argue back and forth but the way one person perceives something may not be the way another person does.

I dont think you are understanding me. She should do whatever she needs to, to protect her children. Whether she uses loopholes (like so many others) or chooses another route is completely up to her. I just dont feel like its in line with the spiritual higher than thou let me teach you something person she portrays sometimes.

I dont think you are understanding me again. This goes back to perspective. I thought her interview was funny and didnt pick up the resentment you did. She gave her own personal perspective on a woman she knows alot more than you or I. There's nothing blabby about that. What if someone asked you, your opinion on your old boss, or friend or whatever. Are you not allowed to share your personal opinion? Im not sure what else to say other than we dont have similar perspectives in this case.

Madonna is absolutely generous in areas she wants to be generous and for her own personal reasons (whether its to push a cause, to claim tax benefits or whatever other reasons rich people start charities). Im not taking that away from her.

I still think Nikki felt "let down" by not having been picked for RIT and it really did come off through that 2004 interview. She never went on a TV show before to talk about how much "Madonna loved Dennis Rodman big........ feet" while giggling and obviously meaning how much she loved his big cock and all the rest she said in that clip. Coincidentally the day after RIT opened in the UK that clip got broadcast on Channel 4 at midnight within the context of a tabloid style programme.

There are worse cases of rich people exploiting tax loopholes, on a much bigger scale and nobody is reporting about them. Madonna has bought the extra land and she's getting to save because she's planting some trees

It's not like she's murdering anyone or evading hundres of millions in taxes like Google and similar entities do on a regular basis all over the world. I say Google but I could say any random hedge fund manager who has a house in that area like other posters have mentioned

We all know if it wasn't Madonna this wouldn't even be in the news. But, like yo said, we have different perceptions perhaps, and we are both making assumptions, so let's agree to disagree. Ain't No Big Deal

" just dont feel like its in line with the spiritual higher than thou let me teach you something person she portrays sometimes."

pourhomme80 Madonna does not portray herself as higher than thou. God forbid anyone has a thought today....Before you have a thought make sure you are completely inhuman. No wonder no one has a thought today. If you do you're judged in every possible way...and the more true your intentions the worst you're criticized.

She's planting trees on her own piece of land and they are talking as if she's building a nuclear reactor in the Hamptons !

I just ranted about women being put into categories and how it continues thanks to women who are afraid of losing their "status," but I deleted it.

I just like to thank the universe for Madonna. She has accomplished what very few women were strong enough to do.

I still think Nikki felt "let down" by not having been picked for RIT and it really did come off through that 2004 interview. She never went on a TV show before to talk about how much "Madonna loved Dennis Rodman big........ feet" while giggling and obviously meaning how much she loved his big cock and all the rest she said in that clip. Coincidentally the day after RIT opened in the UK that clip got broadcast on Channel 4 at midnight within the context of a tabloid style programme.

There are worse cases of rich people exploiting tax loopholes, on a much bigger scale and nobody is reporting about them. Madonna has bought the extra land and she's getting to save because she's planting some trees

It's not like she's murdering anyone or evading hundres of millions in taxes like Google and similar entities do on a regular basis all over the world. I say Google but I could say any random hedge fund manager who has a house in that area like other posters have mentioned

We all know if it wasn't Madonna this wouldn't even be in the news. But, like yo said, we have different perceptions perhaps, and we are both making assumptions, so let's agree to disagree. Ain't No Big Deal

Im not part of Nikki or Madonna's camp and neither are you so really hard to speculate if Nikki was let down or if she wasnt picked or even tried out or what. Maybe Nikki didnt want to work with M because of the way M and Guy were treating Chris and Nikkie is good friends with Chris. See....What Im pointing out here is we just dont know what happened. I just watched that interview for what is was and nothing more. Nikki is a sassy gal and there wasnt anything said on that interview that was mean or harsh, just sounded fun.

The other issue, the land issue, isnt really a Madonna issue for me. Its bigger and Madonna's taking advantage of a loophole that she has every right to just reminds me about how effed up our laws are and how they benefit certain groups on the backs of others. I could care less if it was madonna, mariah, obama, whoever. Im sure they all do it.....and well good for them...doesnt mean I have to respect it or support it. Nonetheless thats her private business and not the person I respect. Im just expressing my opinion on a story about the private madonna that has made it into the public. Ultimately, the madonna I respect and admire, is the artist.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't really know or care what XXL and PourHomme are arguing about, but I do know that PourHomme's prof pic makes me a bit erect tbh!

I agree he's hot!!!