Rebel Heart Tour setlist on M Instagram

LHakaLH

yeah, the head (or hand?) stand and the bridge she did were everywhere. RIT had the perfect balance. I know people give it a hard time here but I remember seeing her the first time on that tour and it was magic. if they had more unknown songs i don't think it would've been as amazing. everyone loved it & praised it

I love RIT! I went 4 times.

Open with a video screen of who's that girl , then blend into Bitch I'm Madobba backstage to the stage then reprise Who's that girl as the final dog of that segment

Also keen for mine and Suedeys noted Rescue Me ending with thunder clouds making way for the sunrise of Ray of Light

Sorted

I am hoping she's smart enough to realise a lot of damage has been done to her reputation as live performer with the last two tours. The RH tour needs to win over the public and fans. She can't afford any bad publicity about late starts and complaints about the set lists.

^ She will and she better. In her recent interview she has acknowledged her classics songs and GP want to hear them. A good mixture of new and old. BiM, LFL and GT will go down brilliant with the GP. I'm hoping for FUN show.

^ She will and she better. In her recent interview she has acknowledged her classics songs and GP want to hear them. A good mixture of new and old. BiM, LFL and GT will go down brilliant with the GP. I'm hoping for FUN show.

I agree I can see LFL, GT, BIM fitting in with the older songs and going down well. I think Inside Out, JOA, and HT would also fit in. The last section of the show should be crowd pleasers like RIT and CT. Peole should be leaving on a high.

Yes, replacing I'm so Stupid.

I think "Material Girl" was subbed for "Dress You Up" at the last minute because M kept fucking up the chords on guitar. "Burning Up" replaced "I'm So Stupid" much earlier in rehearsals, no? Am I remembering this backwards?

Also, I am surprised to see so many people in this thread (and others) talking about how Sticky and Sweet and MDNA hurt her live reputation. Word of mouth seemed to be very positive about S&S -- at least the show itself, though I had people tell me that she sounded like shit. (And, well ... I can't argue with that, really. S&S was all about the crow vocals.)

Certainly, MDNA had absolutely rotten word of mouth. I heard almost nothing good about it from concertgoers that I know personally. Almost everyone was fucking pissed that they shelled out the money they did for her to come out two hours late and sing a bunch of songs no one had ever heard.

MDNA probably wouldn't have been shit on so much -- even if she kept the same setlist -- if she started the show at 8:45 instead of 10 p.m., like she has in other recent tours.

That said, she DOES need to bring her A game this tour -- including bringing the hits -- in order to undo the damage she did last time. She can't keep charging these outrageous prices if people are going to leave the show angry or unhappy.

Oh no I'm just talking about the public's extremely negative reaction 2 the show

2 her 1st ever much anticipated show here...People were 'shocked' mainly by her bad

vocals. & The press obviously had a field day.

Oh no I'm just talking about the public's extremely negative reaction 2 the show

2 her 1st ever much anticipated show here...People were 'shocked' mainly by her bad

The vocals? Seriously? Wow haha :lol:

Her first-ever show? Where do you live, acko?

:chuckle:

I live for this particular performance:

It's like she didn't even give a fuck to ACTUALLY SING. She just...kinda...articulated whatever sound that she felt comfortable with :lmao: It's almost like she was laughing implicitly at the whole situation :lol:

yeah it was bad but the press enjoyed giving her shit and making up that she lip synched and at the same time she had bad vocals? makes no sense. but it was bad. thats why I want this tour to be really good & all live so she can kinda get her rep back. it would be nice if they praised her.

Both S&S and MDNA harmed her live reputation. S&S did because many performances as well as her performing skills (live singing...) were subpar compared to what she delivered before and what people were expecting. MDNA did because she kept pissing off people by her late starts. Despite the lack of hits I think the show itself was close to absolute perfection...but that doesn't help the average folks if they had to wait 3 hours just for the show to begin.

Anyway...I wouldn't mind it if she opened the show with Iconic. It's a powerful energetic track, she could totally make a high energy opening performance out of it! Although I agree that if she decides to start with a RH song, she shouldn't follow it up with yet another RH song or another less known song. She needs to scatter the hits throughout the show, not just in the middle section and the very end like she did with MDNA.

what if she did ALL her rebel heart songs mixed with oldies. have elements of the oldies in each of her new songs!!!?!?!?

I could see her doing something like this. Perform mainly new songs with a chorus added from the oldies. :)

I'm sure she wrote Veni Vidi Vici with the name dropping of old songs just to avoid singing these (full) songs again on tour, VVV will be an interlude like the one before Turn up the radio on the MDNA tour where she trolled the audience with 5 seconds of oldies and that's it :madgemanson:

Since Rebel Heart is so good, I don't care, 15 Rebel Heart songs and 5 oldies would be enough for me :tigger:

I agree with just about everything said here. She butchered the good will and reputation as a live performer with both tours. Especially coming after RIT & CT.

S&S had horrendous vocals. A weak opening. Too much guitar. Bad costumes. For me, personally, it was her worst tour. And I'm a fan.

MDNA had inexcusable late start times. Lack of hits. Far too dark and self indulgent. That being said, I PERSONALLY enjoyed it. But the dozens of people around me who left early clearly didn't.

My hope is that she really, truly, recognizes her heritage and influence with this tour. That she puts an emphasis on her vast back catalogue to remind everyone WHY she's able to still command a stage 30 years into her career. I think she knows this and will deliver a show to please the loons and casual fans.

Edited by KalamazooJay

S&S vocals aside was a great stadium show , she was at the peak of her energy since WTG

Just the LAP performance was already worth it the tour itself

MDNA was a very detail oriented and dark show that was sold as an stadium show full of hits and her late starts made even her #1 fans tired before the show and the you have to wait 9 songs to recongnise a hit

She just posted on Instagram two lines of Dress You Up !!

I'll create A look.............#rebelhearttour

Thats made for You............#rebelhearttour

I agree with just about everything said here. She butchered the good will and reputation as a live performer with both tours. Especially coming after RIT & CT.

S&S had horrendous vocals. A weak opening. Too much guitar. Bad costumes. For me, personally, it was her worst tour. And I'm a fan.

MDNA had inexcusable late start times. Lack of hits. Far too dark and self indulgent. That being said, I PERSONALLY enjoyed it. But the dozens of people around me who left early clearly didn't.

My hope is that she really, truly, recognizes her heritage and influence with this tour. That she puts an emphasis on her vast back catalogue to remind everyone WHY she's able to still command a stage 30 years into her career. I think she knows this and will deliver a show to please the loons and casual fans.

that i don't understand

MDNA was grandiose. just the visuals alone should make people stay.

but i agree she should include a lot more known hits on her tour (instead of lets say, revolver)

The late start times pissing people off, I TOTALLY GET.

The lack of hits? I KIND OF GET, but ultimately it's whatever. If you don't know the songs, try to get into the show and give them a chance. If it pisses you off that much, ask yourself if the money you paid went to a pretty fucking awesome show regardless? Were you seriously bored? REALLY? A show with a million dollar budget and it SHOWS, and you're bored?

But people bitching about MDNA not being a good show? After you punch yourself in the mouth, just go buy a dozen tickets for Gaga/Tony Bennett or Toilet Swiffer. Madonna does not need your lack of taste stinking up her stadium or arena :queenbitch:

The late start times pissing people off, I TOTALLY GET.

The lack of hits? I KIND OF GET, but ultimately it's whatever. If you don't know the songs, try to get into the show and give them a chance. If it pisses you off that much, ask yourself if the money you paid went to a pretty fucking awesome show regardless? Were you seriously bored? REALLY? A show with a million dollar budget and it SHOWS, and you're bored?

But people bitching about MDNA not being a good show? After you punch yourself in the mouth, just go buy a dozen tickets for Gaga/Tony Bennett or Toilet Swiffer. Madonna does not need your lack of taste stinking up her stadium or arena :queenbitch:

Truth!