Rebel Heart Tour setlist on M Instagram

LHakaLH

Well according to Mike Dean, they are pumping up the oldies.

Interview with Mike Dean

What are you working on these days?

I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hatsall that shit. It's kind of cool. We're working on "Holiday" right now.

https://www.thefader...ction-mike-dean

Sounds like Holiday is a definite.... YAY!!!!!!

Posted by Philipandglenn in another tread.

^

I'm glad! It's time for Holiday to come back! She's teased us with it the past couple tours. I'm ready for a BIG performance of this song. I think it's safe to say that this will be at the end or as an "encore". With the exception of VT, I think it's always been one of the last songs.

We are pushing end of July, the tour is soon!!

A French website has posted a 'supposed' setlist. I don't know you, but I love it.
Iconic
Hold Tight
Ghosttown
Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Heartbreak City
Wash All Over Me/Rain
Joan of Arc
Devil Pray
Between The Bars
Deeper and Deeper
Justify My Love
Inside Out
Like a Virgin
SEX
Holy Water/Vogue
Dress You Up/Give Me All Your Luvin
Into The Groove
True Blue
Body Shop
Unapologetic Bitch
La Isla Bonita
Who's That Girl
Bitch I'm Madonna
Rebel Heart
Living for Love

This is what Matthew Rettenmund (author of Encyclopedia Madonnica) had to say on this rumoured setlist, in a reply to a comment on his Facebook profile:

"Some looks very right, not sure on some of the order, though not all of the order is wrong, either."

We get conflicting rumors like this on every tour when they start working towards the final set list. I think all we can say for sure is that it's going to be 80s-heavy -- that's the only thing that's been consistent across all the rumors / teasers.

We get conflicting rumors like this on every tour when they start working towards the final set list. I think all we can say for sure is that it's going to be 80s-heavy -- that's the only thing that's been consistent across all the rumors / teasers.

No "Holiday" on that list, yet we know they're working on it.....

That doesn't give a 100% guarantee that it's part of the setlist. She said herself that she's revising the setlist almost every week and that she keeps adding and removing songs. The songs she has been teasing were all from 1983-1993. That's the first decade only. And the reason behind her teasing songs from that period only is bc the majority of concert-goers is rooting for songs from that period. It's been the same case with MDNA. People on Facebook were asked to vote for songs from the first decade ONLY.

She has been working on over 40 songs for RIT.

Swim, Take a Bow, Ray of Light, Nothing Really Matters, I'm So Stupid, Dress You Up, DWRY, The Power of Good-Bye, Love Profusion among others were all considered, some were even part of the setlist for quite some time. Holiday was only an alternative for ITG or Music at first.

She has been working on over 40 songs for RIT.

Swim, Take a Bow, Ray of Light, Nothing Really Matters, I'm So Stupid, Dress You Up, DWRY, The Power of Good-Bye, Love Profusion among others were all considered, some were even part of the setlist for quite some time. Holiday was only an alternative for ITG or Music at first.

These were never really confirmed though, most of those songs appeared on a provisional setlist nearly 4 months before the first show, most likely they only appeared "on paper" and she didn't work with them. All we know for sure is that the backdrop video of Frozen was done for Swim and she rehearsed Dress You Up & I'm So Stupid since they have studio versions. Jamie King did not talk about anymore dropped songs. At one point it's been said by Madonna Tribe that Madonna never ever rehearsed Love Profusion.

There haven't been many songs she considered/rehearsed for tours that got eventually dropped, mostly it's 1-2 songs per tour like Some Girls & Falling Free for MDNA Tour. For CT she had Everybody ready from the promo tour and the choreographer of Erotica did his thing to the music of Deeper And Deeper but Madonna herself did not rehearse that song. DWT had I Want You dropped and Sticky & Sweet Tour also had several rumoured songs like Candy Perfume Girl or Waiting but Impressive Instant was the only one rehearsed and replaced (not sure about a supposed acoustic Open Your Heart in the place of Me Darava/Doli Doli).

6 weeks before opening night I'm sure the setlist is final now and of all the songs mentioned, I would doubt Holiday the least...

I know it, Shoo bee doo, Love makes the world go round, spanish eyes, did you do it ?, don't stop, one more chance, incredible and superstar please !

YAASS PLS!!!

These were never really confirmed though, most of those songs appeared on a provisional setlist nearly 4 months before the first show, most likely they only appeared "on paper" and she didn't work with them. All we know for sure is that the backdrop video of Frozen was done for Swim and she rehearsed Dress You Up & I'm So Stupid since they have studio versions. Jamie King did not talk about anymore dropped songs. At one point it's been said by Madonna Tribe that Madonna never ever rehearsed Love Profusion.

There haven't been many songs she considered/rehearsed for tours that got eventually dropped, mostly it's 1-2 songs per tour like Some Girls & Falling Free for MDNA Tour. For CT she had Everybody ready from the promo tour and the choreographer of Erotica did his thing to the music of Deeper And Deeper but Madonna herself did not rehearse that song. DWT had I Want You dropped and Sticky & Sweet Tour also had several rumoured songs like Candy Perfume Girl or Waiting but Impressive Instant was the only one rehearsed and replaced (not sure about a supposed acoustic Open Your Heart in the place of Me Darava/Doli Doli).

6 weeks before opening night I'm sure the setlist is final now and of all the songs mentioned, I would doubt Holiday the least...

That "provisional setlist" is pretty much what she is doing, though judging from what she said in the interview. Also, Jamie King himself gave us that list and it's also been confirmed that part of the choreography for Nobody Knows Me was lifted from Nothing Really Matters. Do you really think that she has knows right from the start what 25 songs she wants to play? Uh uh...They're MIXING songs to see how they sound in an updated/reworked way, concept demos to be exact, just like the few we have from previous tours.

It wasn't Jamie king, it was mike McKnight. He was the one who confirmed that she rehearsed devil wouldn't recognize you.

That setlist of Mike McKnight was from early February, MONTHS before the first show so Madonna was not in full rehearsal mode yet. When the show was being put together by Jamie King, those things were already decided, he never talked about having to replace 7-8 songs because by that time the setlist was final except that one guitar song (he never mentioned Nothing Really Matters, by the way). My point is that there is no long history of Madonna rehearsing many songs for a show and it's not a relevant discussion for Rebel Heart Tour 6 weeks before the show when the setlist is surely final.

My point is that there is no long history of Madonna rehearsing many songs for a show and it's not a relevant discussion for Rebel Heart Tour 6 weeks before the show when the setlist is surely final.

Yes, once full production rehearsals, the setlist is usually finalized. An exception would be the Re-Invention Tour, sinde Material Girl made its way into the show only a few weeks before the tour kicked off.

My point is that there is no long history of Madonna rehearsing many songs for a show and it's not a relevant discussion for Rebel Heart Tour 6 weeks before the show when the setlist is surely final.

Yes, once full production rehearsals, the setlist is usually finalized. An exception would be the Re-Invention Tour, sinde Material Girl made its way into the show only a few weeks before the tour kicked off.

opening with iconic would be horrible cuz you know her voice is gonna be autotuned like ggw mdna. and no one knows the song.. unless its a mix. but she should have more hits/oldies. sex/holy water isn't good either. and hold tight as the second song is kinda weird

If the opening song is from RH, then the video intro should be a classic or vice versa (at least.)

She really cannot afford to repeat the same MDNA Tour opening segment scenario.

yeah thats what I mean. for us fans its great but seeing such an amazing opening for a song a lot of people don't know that well mixed with the autotune is such an anti climax

and know that the first 2 or more songs are those spread by media to promote the tour

Opening video intro could be a montage type thing of some of her biggest ballad hits / love songs and then the opening song itself could be Living for Love. I think that would ensure that people are happy. Which means of course that it won't happen.

I don't mind Iconic as the opening video but to be followed by Hold Tight as the first proper song? Just doesn't seem right.

i remember seeing RIT with vogue and frozen everywhere on tv. it was huge and people loved it because everyone knows vogue and frozen,

so on the one hand they saw spectacular vogue, and a few secs later they saw an introspective ballad with her beautiful live voice

for the media they skipped nobody knows me (the 2nd song) but it worked like that. as mark says, classic song, RH song, classic

For MDNA the crowd really had to wait until the 9th song before they got a classic in its original version (sorry 1 verse and a chorus of PDP an unrecognisable HU and a line from MG don't really count) that's way too long and saps the energy.

i remember seeing RIT with vogue and frozen everywhere on tv. it was huge and people loved it because everyone knows vogue and frozen,

so on the one hand they saw spectacular vogue, and a few secs later they saw an introspective ballad with her beautiful live voice

for the media they skipped nobody knows me (the 2nd song) but it worked like that. as mark says, classic song, RH song, classic

On the opening night of RIT the picture of her on her head in a yoga pose for Vogue got massive headlines. I remember seeing that picture everywhere. It generated a good buzz.

RIT had the right balance of old songs and new tracks. I think we will get something similar for RH tour.

On the opening night of RIT the picture of her on her head in a yoga pose for Vogue got massive headlines. I remember seeing that picture everywhere. It generated a good buzz.

RIT had the right balance of old songs and new tracks. I think we will get some similar for RH tour.

yeah, the head (or hand?) stand and the bridge she did were everywhere. RIT had the perfect balance. I know people give it a hard time here but I remember seeing her the first time on that tour and it was magic. if they had more unknown songs i don't think it would've been as amazing. everyone loved it & praised it