MadonnaNation.com Forums
Lucky guy

Could Madonna hire Annie Lennox' throat doctor please?

Please move this thread if you don't think it's appropriate for this section (or any section).

Here's Annie covering Stevie Wonder at the Grammies:

But here's Annie doing Dark Road some years earlier:

The voice is thinner, reedier, she's struggling more for it. At the time I thought that was age and overuse pretty much, and that was that - and people have said the same for Madonna. That the crow is here to stay, and we won't see more Reinvention Tour vocal performances.

But I don't believe that. If Annie's voice can recover in such a way, so can Madonna's. It will be deeper perhaps, but it can still make a wonderful sound.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Annie Lennox are completely different as singers in their musical styles. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Madonna sounded absolutely great in her promo performances recently. Did you not read the recent New York Times article praising her voice? But I guess you know better than someone who is paid to write about singers.

Please move this thread if you don't think it's appropriate for this section (or any section).

Here's Annie covering Stevie Wonder at the Grammies:

But here's Annie doing Dark Road some years earlier:

The voice is thinner, reedier, she's struggling more for it. At the time I thought that was age and overuse pretty much, and that was that - and people have said the same for Madonna. That the crow is here to stay, and we won't see more Reinvention Tour vocal performances.

But I don't believe that. If Annie's voice can recover in such a way, so can Madonna's. It will be deeper perhaps, but it can still make a wonderful sound.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Check out the RH album and it's promo performances. I think u will find her voice has improved! It really started with MDNA tour.

Sloth-yawn.gif

And anyway throat doctors are for mostly when you have vocal polyps. I don't think either Annie or Madonna have vocal polyps.

And Madonna tours a lot more than Annie does. Annie has given up touring and her live performances are pretty rare.

Compared to most other artists from the 80's who tour a lot, Madonna is much better.

But what is your favorite Rebel Heart song???

But what is your favorite Rebel Heart song???

We'll never know. He doesn't even know this album exists.

Lucky didn't you attend CT and MDNA? Her voice was more than fine there, particularly CT. And that was after RIT. If Annie Lennox did half that shit Madonna does on stage and that she's been doing for 30 years I doubt she'd have any voice left to begin with. Completely different physical requirements and types of voices. I don't see the point of making a comparison

Madonna makes a point of singing live even during numbers involving a choreography, except those that have a particuarly intricate one a la EY BAT or GGW MDNA (Look at the splendid Lo Que Siente La Mujer - dancing and singing live). Even the strongest voice would show damage in some capacity at doing that and doing it repeatedly over the years

The only times she sounded "crow" like to me were MATM and parts of HC/S&S. Even by the time S&S round 2 hit the road, the crow was no longer in full flight. :) I feel like the "richness" to her voice came back with parts of MDNA (FF immediately comes to mind) and personally I found her live MDNA vocals to be great.....an improvement to S&S vocals IMO. I adore the live vocals to LAV/LS on MDNA.

Madonna is amazing. She wasn't born with powerhouse vocals but she has managed to continuously fine tune her "instrument" over the years. Many vocalists male and female seem to have some vocal deterioration once they get into their 50's-60's (or sooner....Mimi and WH) but M's voice seems to get stronger. That can't be an easy thing to do. Sure she has had "crow" moments etc but she always seems to bounce back. And honestly, even in the midst of the "bad" periods, there are always "wow" moments.

What a ridiculous and ill informed topic.

Annie Lennox is boring as.... Zzzzzz lol

Annie is wonderful, but she doesn´t release new music, or at least new songs, she doesn´t tour...she has earned it.

I prefer Eurythmics than solo Annie Zzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

I love Annie's voice in theory, but this Cherie Amour is awful.

It's like Gaga's sound of music.

Guest Pud Whacker

you want madonna to sound like she sucks donkey ball sack?

um, no!

ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!

What??? all her promo performances have been incredibly spot on vocally. Shes never been so great.

This thread...

bsi.gif

you want madonna to sound like she sucks donkey ball sack?

um, no!

ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!

:rotfl:

Well I have wondered whether she continues to do vocal lessons... she should if not.

Remember in Christopher's book (I know, not the greatest source due to bitterness, but hey, he was around for quite a while with her) and he said she was always too lazy to bother much with vocal work other than preparing for Evita.

She has sounded pretty good on the promo tour (better than MDNA tour) but every singer should do it. And who knows, maybe she does. With al of this said, Madonna and Annie Lennox are definitely not the same kind of singers.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well I have wondered whether she continues to do vocal lessons... she should if not.

Remember in Christopher's book (I know, not the greatest source due to bitterness, but hey, he was around for quite a while with her) and he said she was always too lazy to bother much with vocal work other than preparing for Evita.

She has sounded pretty good on the promo tour (better than MDNA tour) but every singer should do it. And who knows, maybe she does.

madonna has the greatest voice of pop music of ALL-TIME.

end of report.

What??? all her promo performances have been incredibly spot on vocally. Shes never been so great.

THIS!!

Check out the RH album and it's promo performances. I think u will find her voice has improved! It really started with MDNA tour.

Do you have a link? I saw Ghosttown on Ellen and it wasn't terribly reassuring.

Guest Pud Whacker

Do you have a link? I saw Ghosttown on Ellen and it wasn't terribly reassuring.

LINK YOUR HOLE, unlucky guy!!!