What Are Your Grammy Predictions For Rebel Heart

Interscope must seriously do some grammy campaigns for madonna....

Interscope?! I wouldn't hold my breath! They don't use their resource$ to get her decent play on radio, so I highly doubt they would even do aything for the Shammys!

• 3 weeks later...

The Grammys she should be getting are the Living Legend Grammy (Jackson got one of these in the early 90s) and Lifetime Achievement award (maybe too young for this). Put Like a Prayer in the Grammy Hall of Fame!

The Grammys she should be getting are the Living Legend Grammy (Jackson got one of these in the early 90s) and Lifetime Achievement award (maybe too young for this). Put Like a Prayer in the Grammy Hall of Fame!

That "Like a Prayer" got ZERO Grammy nominations proves this award is useless. Rolling Stone declared it was as close to art as pop music gets -- and these fucks can't even toss it a nomination.

Only thing Grammys are good for is positive buzz. "ROL" and "Music" got a chart bump for their nominations / shows, but it shouldn't matter a whit to fans whether or not it won a damn one.

My wish list:

Best Music Video - Short Form (BIM)

Best Dance Recording (BIM)

Best Pop Album (RH)

Album of The Year (RH)

+ 1 on all the above.... I also hope that ghosttown can be up for best music video, best pop solo performance n song of the year.... its due time she gets some credit n recognition for her song writing!!

The only only only only possible Grammy nomination I can see is for Best Dance Recording for "Bitch I'm Madonna" because that was the only thing that even resembled a hit from the RH project in the USA. #truthhurts

This album makes the LAP video look like Mary Poppins, it's so not to their tastes. She did get some early love from the Grammys with CFU and PDP being nominated in the mid 80s, though Cydney Looper overshadowed her in 84.

I'd love to know when the Cyndi/Madge rivalry started, Madonna was certainly noticed in 84, but I imagine it went full throttle when the Madge wiped her out in 85.

• 1 month later...

The only only only only possible Grammy nomination I can see is for Best Dance Recording for "Bitch I'm Madonna" because that was the only thing that even resembled a hit from the RH project in the USA. #truthhurts

It's not eligible, though - they changed the rules in 2012 so that only recordings by recognised club/dance/EDM acts are eligible. It's ridiculous, especially given Madonna's success as a dance artist. Diplo is eligible for his recordings, but Madonna isn't (go figure!). If BIM was credited to Diplo featuring Madonna, then it would have a chance...

Wouldn't it be bizarre if the academy decided to reward Madonna's lowest-profile release with a slew of nominations (like they often do to other artists, whose nominations raise eyebrows because no one's actually heard the material!)...!

who is her main competition in pop categories? This has been a very lazy year, Madonna could be nominated by default (no other major pop girl has released an album this year):

Decent reviews, good promo, good spotlight

I Know Taylor will take home the grammy for best pop album, other than her...? maybe Megan Treinor with her critically bashed (yet successful) album Title. But I can't think of anyone else. Maybe Maroon 5 with their mediocre V

Lana del Rey's snubs at the Grammy are well-known, I don't think she's a threat. Hilary Duff has never been taken seriously as an artist. Neither has Carly Rae Jepsen. Her EMOTION album is getting incredible review it's true, but it BOMBED and it missed the top 15, and no one knows she has a new album out. Everybody knew about Rebel heart.

Marina and the diamonds aren't a threat either. Despite her very good reviews the album flopped and no one remembers it

Edited by imgonnacarryon

If the nominations are based on billboard charts, for sure she won't get a single nomination.... However, I am still hopeful that the submit her in all the eligible categories.... though she may say awards Don mean anything.... I on a personal note wants her to win big... award her with the damn album of the year!!!

• 3 weeks later...