What Are Your Grammy Predictions For Rebel Heart

Anyway back to topic I find this interesting because just 2 nights ago I had a RH Grammys dream.

I think I went to bed thinking how this album really deserves all it can get and how if she does win few big ones people would be curious to rush and hear the album.

I dreamt I was among the crowd of people sitting at the show and they are announcing album of the year and when I opened some envelopes of people's votes most of them were Jay z, and then I myself was lobbying with some people like pharrell and Kanye ( I know wtf) to try and get the people to change their votes for Madonna.

What a great dream. BambiGambi, you are another vivid dreamer. I am the same. Love waking up and remembering them and Madonna is also often in them.

The Grammys have turned into a popularity contest. They give that shit out like candy, now.

I'm not holding my breath.

Not always, this year Beck won and nobody knew him.

I think her team need look hard at her tour starting that is a month before nominations are submitted. Nominations would do wonders for the tour and the album. I believe she will be nominated.

I think her team need look hard at her tour starting that is a month before nominations are submitted. Nominations would do wonders for the tour and the album. I believe she will be nominated.

well some of her fans need to mention it to her manager on twitter. he sometimes goes online so you never know. seems like they do need reminding and read details about those kind of things. they fucked it up with w.e and a lot of other stuff

There have been quite a few veteran acts that have been nominated with low sales. Paul McCartney, U2, Annie Lennox etc. RH is and has been high profile and acclaimed as one of her best. I think she will be nominated for a few awards. RH being nominated will put it on the map for the general public. They need to be introduced to her masterpiece.

mmm, I don´t think the industry repescts her as much as they respects the ones that you mention. On the other hand, she has performed the last two years in the show, and she has given her good ratings, maybe they will want to have her again in 2016

:rotfl:

That's not true

It's true, "who's Beck?" was a trending topic that night, I have to admit I didn't know him :blush: I don't live in US though so I don't know if he's popular there or not.

Best Pop Vocal Album

Best Pop Vocal Performance Female-"Ghosttown"

Best Dance Recording "Living for Love"

That sounds about right, but I think the only one it could possibly get is best pop album. The vocal categories were merged so Ed Sheeran and Som Smeet will probably be there.

As much as I love 1989 and think it's a great pop album, I really hope Swift doesn't get album of the year which seems likely. It was ridiculous she already has an album of the year award for Fearless. Grammy does tend to go for sales. :manson:

Guest gang bang

let see

Ghosttown won t get any nomination, no hype , it didn t enter to hot 100

I think

Rebel heart would and deserves to get some nominations

Album of the year

Pop Vocal álbum

Best short video

Considering that sales are very low this year ...it would help in order that Rebel heart can get at least a nomination for Best pop vocal álbum

but I think Ghosttown will get a nomination for best short video ..it has chances to win

-A question ......are pop artists allowed to get nominations for dance recording , somebody can tell me ..lol

Ghosttown was number 1 dance club song your saying that's grammys are all about billboard why did beck win hot 100 don't mean shit billboard is all fucked up it matter on grammy voters

Guest gang bang

Ghosttown was number 1 dance club song your saying that's grammys are all about billboard why did beck win hot 100 don't mean shit billboard is all fucked up it matter on grammy voters

songs which are nominated for Grammys need the public support , in almost all cases ..

Hot dance is not an enough target

Guest gang bang

Beck didn't sell alot got biggest grammy? So your logic don't make sense it's up to grammy voters other musicians

do you think Grammys will do the same for Madonna , I don t think so

but yes I still thinking that Rebel heart would get a grammy nomination for best pop vocal álbum

The Grammy nominees are chosen by the music industry and I think Rebel Heart has some very good reviews. Some of it is politics and some is sincere. The plus side is that Madonna is considered a veteran icon in the industry and she has been nominated and won before. They may give her some respect with a few nominations.

Has a song that's not been a smash hit won for record or song of the year holidayguy can you tell me that. Has ghosttown have a chance at either of those nominations

Song of the year is hit or miss.

1987: “Somewhere Out There” by James Horner, Barry Mann, & Cynthia Weil

Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram recorded this song, which appeared in the 1986 animated movie An American Tail. The song also won the GRAMMY Award for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television.

1988: “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin

This was the first ever a cappella song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100, where it stayed for two weeks. The song’s title is taken from a famous quotation by Meher Baba, an Indian spiritual master.

1989: “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Larry Henley & Jeff Silbar

The highest-charting version of this song was recorded in 1988 by singer and actress Bette Midler for the soundtrack to the film Beaches. Midler also won the GRAMMY Award for Record of the Year for the song, which was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

1990: “From a Distance” by Julie Gold

Julie Gold was working as a secretary and writing songs in her free time. Her friend introduced the song to Nanci Griffith, who recorded it for her 1987 album, Lone Star State of Mind. The song had many interpretations, but the most famous is the Bette Midler version, which she recorded for her album Some People’s Lives.

1991: “Unforgettable” by Irving Gordon

The most popular version of the song was recorded by Nat King Cole in 1951, with an arrangement written by Nelson Riddle. Nat Cole’s original recording was inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame in 2000.

1992: “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton & Will Jennings

This song, which appeared on the Rush film soundtrack, was written about the pain and loss Clapton felt following the death of his 4-year-old son Conor. Easily one of his most successful songs, it won three GRAMMY Awards: Song of the Year, Record of the Year,, and Male Pop Vocal Performance.

1993: “A Whole New World” by Alan Menken & Tim Rice

The famous song from Disney’s hit Aladdin was sung by Brad Kane and Lea Salonga in the film. The ballad between Aladdin and Jasmine is about the beautiful new world that they will discover while riding Aladdin’s magic carpet.

1994: “Streets of Philadelphia” by Bruce Springsteen

This song was written for the film Philadelphia, an early film dealing with HIV and AIDS. The song won four GRAMMY Awards that year for Song of the Year, Best Rock Song, Best Rock Vocal Performance, and Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television.

1995: “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal

The song, which was featured in the Batman Forever film soundtrack, also received the GRAMMY Award for Record of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

1996: “Change the World” by Gordon Kennedy, Wayne Kirkpatrick, & Tommy Sims

The best-known version of the tune was recorded by Eric Clapton for the 1996 film Phenomenon. The song swept at the awards, winning Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Male Vocal Performance.

1997: “Sunny Came Home” by Shawn Colvin & John Leventhal

This folk-rock song is the theme song to Colvin’s album A Few Small Repairs. It was a commercial success, winning both the GRAMMY Award for Record of the Year and Song of the Year, as well as being nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

1998: “My Heart Will Go On” by James Horner & Will Jennings

Also known as “The Love Theme from Titanic,” Celine Dion’s version of the song was as much of a smash hit as the film. It was Dion’s biggest hit ever and one of the best-selling singles of all time.

1999: “Smooth” by Itaal Shur & Rob Thomas

This song, performed by Santana and Rob Thomas (of the group Matchbox Twenty), won three GRAMMY Awards: Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.

2000: “Beautiful Day” by Adam Clayton, David Evans, Larry Mullen Jr., & Paul Hewson

This song was the title track to U2’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind album. As a result of its success, the album went multi-platinum and is one of U2’s biggest hits to date. Lead vocalist Bono described the upbeat track as “losing everything but still finding joy in what one has.”

2001: “Fallin’” by Alicia Keys

This was the debut single of Keys’ debut album Songs in A Minor. The song gained global success, hitting the top five in several countries and well as #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song won three GRAMMY Awards, including Song of the Year, Best R&B Song, and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.

2002: “Don’t Know Why” by Jesse Harris

This song was the second single by Norah Jones on her album Come Away with Me. The critical success of the tune established her as an artist and gained three GRAMMY Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

2003: “Dance with My Father” by Richard Marx & Luther Vandross

Vandross wrote this song based on his own personal experience, with the lyrics recalling memories of his father, who used to dance with his mother. The song earned both the GRAMMY Award for Song of the Year and Best Male R&B Vocal Performance.

2004: “Daughters” by John Mayer

As the third single off of Mayer’s Heavier Things, the song sold over 1,000,000 copies as of May 2013.

2005: “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own” by Adam Clayton, David Evans, Larry Mullen Jr., & Paul Hewson

The third track on U2’s How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was released as the album’s second single and debuted at No. 1 on the UK Singles Chart. The song is about lead singer Bono’s relationship with his dying father. It won the GRAMMY Award for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, as well.

2006: “Not Ready to Make Nice” by Emily Robison, Martie Maguire, Natalie Maines, & Dan Wilson

Off of The Dixie Chicks’ seventh studio album, Talking the Long Way, the song remains the group’s biggest US hit to date. In 2009, Rolling Stone named the song as the 77th best song of the decade.

2007: “Rehab” by Amy Winehouse

From Winehouse’s second studio album, Back to Black, the lyrics are autobiographical and refer to Winehouse’s refusal to enter a rehabilitation clinic for drug and alcohol abuse. The song won three GRAMMY Awards, including Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

2008: “Viva la Vida” by Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion, & Chris Martin

This song, written by all of the members of Coldplay, was released as the second single from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. The song was the sixth song to reach the 4 million mark in paid downloads in the US.

2009: “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” by Thaddis Harrell, Beyonce Knowles, Terius Nash, & Christopher Stewart

This song off of the powerhouse’s third studio album I Am… Sasha Fierce, explores the unwillingness of men to propose. The song won three GRAMMY Awards and went quadruple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

2010: “Need You Now” by Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley, & Hillary Scott

This country pop song was performed by the group Lady Antebellum and served as the lead-off single for their album Need You Now. The song garnered four GRAMMY Awards for Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, and Best Country Song.

2011: “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth

This tune was a huge single from Adele’s second album 21. It is the largest crossover hit in the United States from the past 25 years.

2012: “We Are Young” by Nate Ruess, Jack Antonoff, Jeff Bhasker, and Andrew Dost

As the lead single from Fun’s second studio album, Some Nights, this song quickly became an anthem that reached number one in several countries. The song topped the Hot 100 Airplay chart with 120,000,000 impressions in seven weeks, the first group since Destiny’s Child to do so. The song was named 99th on the Billboard Hot 100 Songs of All-Time.

2013: “Royals” by Joel Little & Ella Yelich-O’Connor

This song both appeared on Lorde’s The Love Club EP and her debut studio album Pure Heroine. The song, aptly titled “Royals,” disapproves of the luxurious lifestyles of artists. The song spent nine weeks on Billboard’s Hot 100. Lourde, who also won the GRAMMY for Best Pop Solo Performance, became the youngest artist to achieve a number one single since 1987.

2014: "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith, James Napier, & William Phillips

Off his debut album, "In The Lonely Hour," this power ballad is Sam Smith's most successful single to date. The song won two GRAMMY Awards for Record of the Year and Song of the Year. "Stay With Me" reached #1 on Billboards Pop Songs and #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. This song has universal appeal. It's translates to every music genre; R&B, gospel & mainstream pop. Smith also took home GRAMMY awards for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album.

Not necessarily for song of the year. Record of the year leans toward commercial.

It will be tough for her to get nominated in the Pop Vocal category since this year the academy combined male and female vocal into one category.