What Are Your Grammy Predictions For Rebel Heart

Best Pop Solo Artist for Ghosttown is a real possibility. It is universally praised by critics. Although I believe they combined Male and Female in this category this year.

Hell Howard Stern orgasmed over this song.

the fuck? so no more best pop female and male? why don;t they just call it hermaphrodite category or something!...fuckers!...and they have all those shitty hip hop r&b noms? and some other stupid shyt?!...w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r

I think she will be nominated in a few categories this year. Contrary to the MDNA era, she played the game of the record industry for Rebel Heart (a lot of promo, including at the Grammys...). She could win one or two awards!

Guest Medoner

She wont get a lot i mean the grammys dont necessarily mean good. If she does tho i hope her acceptance speech is entirely quoted of a RH song and nothing else. "So i took the road less traveled by..." Or something that just fucks with everyones heads "SEX, whatchu now about sex?"

She could get a few nominations but I doubt she will attend the ceremony. Remember that Madonna has a tour coming and she could be playing either Southeast Asia or Southamerica at that time (if dates are confirmed) :madonna2:

Bedtime Stories,Ray of Light and Music all received Pop Album nods...COAD won Best Dance Album,I can see another nom for Pop Album again

M did the Grammys the last two years and has a kick ass album so it is possible that she will do well. Hopefully she will get big awards and let people know that she has a new album. Believe it or not, I run into people every day that are not aware of Rebel Heart's existence. People don't know about MDNA or Hard Candy either. Grammy awards could boost sales. A number one album could still happen. Look at Sam Smith after the Grammy's and the Brits. Fingers crossed.

M did the Grammys the last two years and has a kick ass album so it is possible that she will do well. Hopefully she will get big awards and let people know that she has a new album. Believe it or not, I run into people every day that are not aware of Rebel Heart's existence. People don't know about MDNA or Hard Candy either. Grammy awards could boost sales. A number one album could still happen. Look at Sam Smith after the Grammy's and the Brits. Fingers crossed.

pouncey.gif

Best Electronic Album

Best Packaging

I think she may get the two. And if she's super lucky she may get Best Pop Vocal Album but that's highly unlikely.

I mean let's face it the Grammys is more about sales and unfortunately RH didn't sell that much in Amerikkkah.

I hope she finally wins a best pop vocal female performance for Ghosttown! It's a travesty that she has yet to win that one for how long she's been around. Not right. Damn, I'd like to see this entire album get the glory it's earned

They eliminated gender categories which makes sense. But I think there is still a category for best pop vocal which I think Ghosttown has a shot at.

There's something weird about the dance categories now. They don't let pop stars be nominated but just dj types so I guess no dance nominations.

But perhaps a video nomination for Bitch, I'm Madonna.

But let's face it Madonna has never been a favorite of these awards shows no matter how great she does. So I'm not holding my breath. And Madonna says she doesn't care about awards or needs that type of validation from other people, so if she doesn't care I don't care!

she needs a grammy for ghosttown. sorry, but i disagree that awards are meaningless. madonna is not very liked at the moment and I think a grammy to put some attention to her good work can change things around a little. she deserves it more than anyone even just for the horrible snubs they did to her in the 80s and early 90s

she needs a grammy for ghosttown. sorry, but i disagree that awards are meaningless. madonna is not very liked at the moment and I think a grammy to put some attention to her good work can change things around a little. she deserves it more than anyone even just for the horrible snubs they did to her in the 80s and early 90s

It would be nice if she got an award just because I like seeing her on tv, but she doesn't need it. As Madonna says if you look towards other people for your validation you will always be disappointed.

I would say 99% of the artists I like rarely if ever win awards and some people don't like them. You can't make everyone like you.

Awards are stupid because music is so subjective, how can you really say one artist is better than another. I hate that whole celebrity self congratulatory crap that goes on at those shows. So phony.

They eliminated gender categories which makes sense.

How is that supposed to make sense baby? am I missing something? at any rate maybe it doesn't make sense now that the pop males and females are just meh but would it be fair to match a Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc and a Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder for best pop VOCAL...that would have been so outrageous :laugh: ...of course not now but still if feels just...wrong

How is that supposed to make sense baby? am I missing something? at any rate maybe it doesn't make sense now that the pop males and females are just meh but would it be fair to match a Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc and a Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder for best pop VOCAL...that would have been so outrageous :laugh: ...of course not now but still if feels just...wrong

If it's based on quality, why should it be based on gender? Your gender has nothing to do with your singing ability. Why should women be segregated out like they are lesser somehow. They don't have best vocal by black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, gay people, but they had male and female?

It would be like having best pop vocal, gay, straight, bisexual!! Doesn't make sense and is a bit insulting really.

No one said that awards are meaningless, only that the Grammys are meaningless. And she won't get nominated becuz the Grammys only honors artists who yield high album sales or an overwhelming critical consensus, ideally a mix of both. They aren't like the Academy Awards that will nominate a David Lynch movie, a box office bomb, or a foreign film. The Grammys are far more corrupt and controlled by old rich white men. I dont even like Madonna associated with it.

Grammys are shit. I hope she performs I won't mind. But the awards, only fools hang on to their awards. As if their plaques or whatever you call them can sustain their career or sell their tours.

I can't stand award shows and find them often insulting. To think the most influential and biggest names in music such as Elvis, Madonna, The Beatles, David Bowie etc have been snubbed over the years is proof enough to how inconsequential they are. Sure, it is nice to win awards, but not that important now - especially when considering the bland and unoriginal people that win for being either flavour of the year or the "critics" ( often bought entirely ) favoured darlings.

There have been quite a few veteran acts that have been nominated with low sales. Paul McCartney, U2, Annie Lennox etc. RH is and has been high profile and acclaimed as one of her best. I think she will be nominated for a few awards. RH being nominated will put it on the map for the general public. They need to be introduced to her masterpiece.

There have been quite a few veteran acts that have been nominated with low sales. Paul McCartney, U2, Annie Lennox etc. RH is and has been high profile and acclaimed as one of her best. I think she will be nominated for a few awards.

You just name dropped the safest, most non challenging, Anglo veteran acts of today. Which proves my point. Madonna is no Bono or McCartney, which is why we are all fans of her.

The Grammys don't make controversial choices. If I have to eat my words next year I'll gladly do if becuz at least I'll get to see Madonna on TV again (but she'll be on tour anyway), but I truly doubt it

If it's based on quality, why should it be based on gender? Your gender has nothing to do with your singing ability. Why should women be segregated out like they are lesser somehow. They don't have best vocal by black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, gay people, but they had male and female?

It would be like having best pop vocal, gay, straight, bisexual!! Doesn't make sense and is a bit insulting really.

I respect your point of view but I think you're going a little too far with that statement, do Summer Olympics insult you as well? they have male and female competitions.

However, having Gay categories in the Grammys could be pretty i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g to say the least :)