Why is "Ray of light" M's best album ever?

mad4mad2

for me it's

#1 confessions it had the best dance song and she looked amazing

#2 rol the songs are amazing and I loved her hair and style

I love ROL but...hands down LAP is THE classic Madonna masterpiece. ROL is innovative, creative and heartfelt but LAP has the breathtaking variety and artistic ambition with confessional and poetic songs like PTT and Oh Father, the haunting and brutally honest TDDUP and experimentation and breadth with Dear Jessie, Love Song and Act of Contrition. Oh, and the singles were probably the most varied and amazing of her entire career. LAP is Madonna at her creative zenith!

LAP sounds more timeless. Songs like PTT, EY and OF sound like they could be from just about any time period. All ROL songs (except maybe MG) sound like they are from 1998.......and that is not a diss in any way. I honestly prefer ROL to LAP but that doesn't change the fact that it does sound more like a product of its time.....as do most of her albums.

Honestly. How do some of you wake up in the morning and call yourselves Madonna fans?

Some of you are the Republicans of Madonna fans - you shit all over everything and say the stupidest things.

Honestly. How do some of you wake up in the morning and call yourselves Madonna fans?

Some of you are the Republicans of Madonna fans - you shit all over everything and say the stupidest things.

giphy.gif

ROL in fuckt could be her best album, but so could LAP,TB,Erotica, BS,AL,COAD,Music,RH...and even the others have some wonderful music as well...so don't u all bitches just love how great music she's made in her whole career? I DO!

Why do I always see people dissing The Power Of Goodbye? I thought it was a fan favorite? Gorgeous melody.

Not to rain on POG's parade but as MadMark explains it best as a "nice" song. Similar to Miles Away and Ghosttown it is just a middle of the road midtempo song that goes absolutely nowhere. I love my Madonna either uptempo dancey like Ray Of Light (single) and Bitch Im Madonna or ballady like x-static process and falling free.

Anyhoo ROL equals Madonna's 5th best album (possibly 6th as I am liking Rebel Heart more and more )

Guest bluejean

It's her best album.

But in saying that it's only one specific aspect of her. It's not necessarily my favourite aspect of her but I think in terms of quality of music, lyrics, thematically and cohesiveness Ray of Light is her her best. And I'm sure she probably agrees.

Why? Because she was just in a certain head space. Just so inspired and in the right creative space with the perfect collaborators for that moment time. That album is such an inspiring piece of work and I think it's a reflection of a certain phase people go through in life that won't ever be repeated.

Well, a matter of opinion but not my favourite Madonna album ever - although I still love it.

Me either. See why many fans adore it but I'm not one of them.

I let down my guard

I fell into your arms

Forgot who I was

I didn't hear the alarms

Now I'm down on my knees

Alone in the dark

I was blind to your games

You fired a shot in my heart

( Waoh )

I never understand people who say ROL sounds dated? Sounds timeless to me. I find William's production to be pretty unique to him. Same with Mirwais. The only album I sometimes find sounding "dated" is Bedtime Stories, but only on Don't Stop and Take A Bow. When I was younger I used to think Bedtime Story was sooooo dated but then I as got older I stated to love 90s house and trip hop.

I never understand people who say ROL sounds dated? Sounds timeless to me. I find William's production to be pretty unique to him. Same with Mirwais. The only album I sometimes find sounding "dated" is Bedtime Stories, but only on Don't Stop and Take A Bow. When I was younger I used to think Bedtime Story was sooooo dated but then I as got older I stated to love 90s house and trip hop.

Both ROL and BS sound like a product of their time. I don't understand why that's perceived as some sort of insult. Madonna is a dance/pop artist and that style of music evolves so quickly, it's not unique to Madonna. Even certain aspects of MDNA sound "dated" at this point (the little "dubstep breakdowns" come to mind).

Y'all know the first album is the best.

:boxing:

I wouldn't disagree with that! :) "Madonna" is by far her most influential album......that and LAV helped define the modern day female pop star.

I've always struggled with ROL, loved all the singles and Skin, but Ashanti gets a skip from me. The album has grown on me over time but it's not often I put it on. NRM is probably my favourite from the album.

Someone said True Blue has some of her most iconic songs and I agree. ROL was so creative and inspired and had some of her most gorgeous and ethereal music ever.