Diplo interview about M: "that thing with Drake really sucks"

Amzer801

Great points about that lil' bitch Drake. What he did was NOT cool.

Awesome article!

:thumbsup:

He's a little unappreciative daddy's brat, hence what happened

The funny thing is that he's a local act who'll be forgotten in 5 years time

Madonna is globally eternal

giphy.gif

Can you imagine how hot it would be to kiss Madonna! My God! I'm sure Drake started to think of vaginas and got really scared, lol. Which in one sense is ok I suppose... I know a lot of guys who are afraid of vaginas. :laugh:

Can you imagine how hot it would be to kiss Madonna! My God! I'm sure Drake started to think of vaginas and got really scared, lol. Which in one sense is ok I suppose... I know a lot of guys who are afraid of vaginas. :laugh:

Why be afraid ? It is where these guys you know were conceived and made from. :lol:

Omg! Could some of you be less dramatic please! Of course she is hated she is mother fucking MADONNA! They will hate her regardless of how old or young she is, it has always been that way and nothing will change so get used to it. If she really was that hurt about the douche drake kiss or any other shit the media says she wouldn't be shaking her 56 y/o fit ass everytime you look at her. When i think of Madonna i think about courage, power, defiance not pity or weakness.

My baby Diplo. He just joined the team. He's gotta learn to not read shit. It's all shit online. It was like that before the internet and it's even worse today. Whatevs.

:thumbsup:

I was a mega fan. Since the kiss happened I stopped listening to his music and was turned off him over the following weeks. I didn't realize it until I saw an Instagram post from him and though ugh he's so boring and unfollowed him 😂

He's been tainted 😂😂😂

I like about Diplo that he's incredibly sincere and sometimes doesn't use the right words. We live in a world of hypocrisy and I always celebrate sincere people.

Let's make this day the Kiss Your Grandma day!!!

kiss_2784201b.jpg

I never commented on the Drake thing previously because the whole thing hurt me as such a big fan of M. I'm not obsessed with her or anything but she's been part of my life since I was 5 and I genuinly love her as an artist. That whole backlash was pretty major and Drake pretty much caused the whole thing singlehandedly. I was very, VERY surprised that he treated her so badly when it seemed that he had so much respect for her. That kiss could have done wonders for her image and gone the complete opposite way if he had just smiled instead of looked repulsed. His pathetic lipstick excuse just makes me think that he set up and manipulated the whole thing to make him look like 'the man' and her, a dickhead. I mean, it's fucking Madonna, she's an ICON and a trail blazer that has shaped pop culture for decades. No one will even remember him in 10 years. He's just so, so cocky and those types of artists tend to fall the hardest.

He could have potentially opened her up to a whole new generation, instead he made her look like a desperate fucking idiot. She's a very attractive, very sexy and talented woman, not a repulsive old hag and the whole thing just really put a dampener on an amazing era for me and came on the heels of so much goodwill from the GT video and performance with Swift and the era defining appearance on Fallon that made her appear very contemporary and iconic and then that fucking kiss just put her straight back into that box that the public likes to put mature women into, a box that she had fought so hard against during the RH era and in my opinion a fight that she was starting to make progress with and that dickhead just undermined all that work. I know it's not supposed to matter what the critics and the haters think but they do have the power to change her public image unfortunately. All that said I do have to objectively admit that it probably wasn't a good move on her part either and admitted it herself in so many words during that fan chat thing online. Maybe she thought it would have been received well like the Britney kiss which became a huge public relations success for her.

I felt the same way during the adoption backlash after the amazing Confessions era. At the time it felt like it had undermined all that success and goodwill from critics and the public. Obviously with time it just became a mere footnote in her career and hopefully the Drake thing will also.

Great to see Diplo defend her. After all he wasn't that complimentary about her in the past and came into their collaboration initially not taking her very seriously. He is a bit of a douche but I respect him for the support he has given her during the whole RH era and being on hand for her at the Grammy's and The Met Ball along with all the BIM promo.

yes. I know people here like to undermine that very idea, of M giving a shit or feeling bad, but it was obvious that she did because she posted about it for days on instagram. I think that one really hurt her. that said though, I don't hear people talk about it anymore, I'm sure it'll be forgotten over time. It's not like the britney kiss on mtv, or even the brits fall because that has more of a "tv moment" aspect. this one was thankfully on a festival and the camera work wasn't good. the whole fast paced internet can work to your advantage in that way, as sad as it sounds.. people forget quicker now too. most people just saw it & maybe laughed & went on with it. while if it would've happened on a big show everyone could see live, it would've been worse. (and the brits fall wasn't bad because it showed her moving on and carrying on like a pro and people applauded her for it - maybe it even made the always perfectionistic madonna seem more humble to a lot of people too. )

and also none of the controversies are her fault.

yes. I know people here like to undermine that very idea, of M giving a shit or feeling bad, but it was obvious that she did because she posted about it for days on instagram. I think that one really hurt her. that said though, I don't hear people talk about it anymore, I'm sure it'll be forgotten over time. It's not like the britney kiss on mtv, or even the brits fall because that has more of a "tv moment" aspect. this one was thankfully on a festival and the camera work wasn't good. the whole fast paced internet can work to your advantage in that way, as sad as it sounds.. people forget quicker now too. most people just saw it & maybe laughed & went on with it. while if it would've happened on a big show everyone could see live, it would've been worse. (and the brits fall wasn't bad because it showed her moving on and carrying on like a pro and people applauded her for it - maybe it even made the always perfectionistic madonna seem more humble to a lot of people too. )

and also none of the controversies are her fault.

Well said, Nikki. I completely agree.

^very true !

I'm just not used for her to be unlucky professionally. She was always always a very lucky lady, for as long as I remember.

The Brits' fall is surreal to me. of course she managed perfectly, but the drake thing not long afterwards..ugh such bad luck. M does NOT fall and noone will make her look like an idiot, it just doesn't happen.

She will triumph this tour stars-desi-glitters-4.gif

and I ll get over it ; )

How tacky of him to mention $

Diplo is a hoe. But he's fun. A fun hoe :lol:

I like Diplo and it's great that he defended Madonna. I wonder if anything got lost in the French translation though.

Diplo Duplo Fun Hoe :chuckle:

m5LXNIhN.jpg