Diplo interview about M: "that thing with Drake really sucks"

Amzer801

(1st topic!!!) Diplo gave an interview to the French magazine "Snatch" where he talks about his relationship with women and he mentioned his working relationship with M:

"All this stuff with Drake really saddened me: Her performances can be sexy sometimes and I think that with him, Madonna wanted to do something sexy and unexpected. After, about when he said like he hated it because of her lipstick or whatever, I felt bad for her and she didn't take it well herself. She's working so hard! She's always been a genius, sexy and revolutionary at the same time. She made it through the wilderness and she's seen it all during the last 30 fucking years! She's influenced the whole world forever. She's sold like 300 million records. I'm not trying to sell her, she does a pretty good job at it. Sometimes, I think she should do more "classy" promo but in the same time, if she did that, nobody would pay attention to her. It's really weird, people only care about her when she's doing wild stuff!"

"She came to my studio because her kids loved me, they're so cool! She knew obviously who I was and that I was pretty successful but she can hire every producer she wants to. She pays well and her music will always be successful."

"She's so fucking funny, she doesn't give a damn about anything. She lets me work on whatever I want and once we're done, during the final production, then she becomes serious. She has a strong voice that I like a lot. Everytime we worked together, there was a special atmosphere, a bit sexual. The average atmosphere between a man and a woman right? It was fun and cool, she's always sexual: I mean it's Madonna, the woman who spent the last 30 years teaching the world how to be sexy!"

"Katy Perry and Madonna are great people and even when we won't be doing music together, we'll always be buddies: Madonna was like M.I.A. back then or Sia later: she takes care of me, she's brought my son to school. She was real with me and whatever she asks me, I'll do it for her. I believe in music and I want to help her: she's my friend. That Drake thing really sucks: he knows her, he asked her to come on stage. Whatever happened, I'm sure kissing Madonna ain't that gross! I mean, I kiss my grandma for New Year's Eve! It's like what happened with the weird faces that Beyoncé made during the Super Bowl, people only remember this and it got on the frontpage of the newspapers. That night with Drake, Madonna gave a great performance."

The whole interview is available here (in French): http://snatch-mag.com/article/diplo-interview-major-lazer-mia-taylor-swift

Guest Rocco Papa

I don't necessarily agree with him that nobody would care if she played it safe. I think people would still be giving her a hard time, they would just have a different tone. It's like when she lived in England and wrote children's books. People were saying she was stuck-up and shoving her spirituality down people's throats. Now, they're complaining that she's not acting her age. She can't win no matter what she does.

yah she can't win no matter what she does....it's the success & holds herself so well - that makes people hate her....doesn't sound like Diplo and her fucked though, dang.

i'm glad someone is calling out drake for being nongentlemen like for no reason.

he's so protective of her! and is he saying he brought her son to school? or is that something which went lost in translation? he talks like a fan defending her. I think it's cute

(the grandma comment though, hope if this gets reposted elsewhere it gets ignored :p)

I don't necessarily agree with him that nobody would care if she played it safe. I think people would still be giving her a hard time, they would just have a different tone. It's like when she lived in England and wrote children's books. People were saying she was stuck-up and shoving her spirituality down people's throats. Now, they're complaining that she's not acting her age. She can't win no matter what she does.

Um, he's just keeping it real.

My baby Diplo. He just joined the team. He's gotta learn to not read shit. It's all shit online. It was like that before the internet and it's even worse today. Whatevs.

yeah he's just saying her safe music (ghosttown, living for love) is ignored while when she's wild & crazy they give her attention, as if they have an agenda.. only give madonna attention when she's "losing it", so to speak

he's so protective of her! and is he saying he brought her son to school? or is that something which went lost in translation? he talks like a fan defending her. I think it's cute

(the grandma comment though, hope if this gets reposted elsewhere it gets ignored :p)

He says that M brought his son to school; he goes to the Lycée Français like Lourdes did so I think he's referring to that.

(1st topic!!!) Diplo gave an interview to the French magazine "Snatch" where he talks about his relationship with women and he mentioned his working relationship with M:

¡

"Katy Perry and Madonna are great people and even when we won't be doing music together, we'll always be buddies: Madonna was like M.I.A. back then or Sia later: she takes care of me, she's brought my son to school. She was real with me and whatever she asks me, I'll do it for her. I believe in music and I want to help her: she's my friend. That Drake thing really sucks: he knows her, he asked her to come on stage. Whatever happened, I'm sure kissing Madonna ain't that gross! I mean, I kiss my grandma for New Year's Eve! It's like what happened with the weird faces that Beyoncé made during the Super Bowl, people only remember this and it got on the frontpage of the newspapers. That night with Drake, Madonna gave a great performance."

The whole interview is available here (in French): http://snatch-mag.com/article/diplo-interview-major-lazer-mia-taylor-swift

?

"After, about when he said like he hated it because of her lipstick or whatever, I felt bad for her and she didn't take it well herself."

Knew it. You could tell she was hurt by that, probably because she trusted Drake and he threw her under the bus. It was good of him to clarify afterwards but he shouldn't have been so careless in the first place.

Also bless Diplo lol. His praises were a bit all over the place in this interview (I found it hard to follow) but you can just tell that he has a lot of love for M. I'm still giving him some side-eye for that grandma comment though

yeah i don't know what that was about.. diplo & M aren't THAT far from each other in age. i think he's almost 40. but i guess the other stuff he said is so sincere&sweet that we can ignore the slip up.. however, if M would read that she'd be angry as fuck about the grandma thing, don't you think? :p

Funny how producers who worked with Madonna keep praising her when people who don't even met her keep making asumptions of what she is.

Madonna can't win simply because she's Madonna, somebody else would make what she does, she would be praised to high heavens. Peaches recently said that Madonna is not aging well when at 46 she's on a trapeze with a laser beaming out of her cunt in her last video that could have been from any of her previous albums...I mean the hypocrisy of it all....

Funny how producers who worked with Madonna keep praising her when people who don't even met her keep making asumptions of what she is.

Madonna can't win simply because she's Madonna, somebody else would make what she does, she would be praised to high heavens. Peaches recently said that Madonna is not aging well when at 46 she's on a trapeze with a laser beaming out of her cunt in her last video that could have been from any of her previous albums...I mean the hypocrisy of it all....

I mean is peaches still pulling her tampons out and throwing them on the audience? She vomited milk up on the crowd when she came here

vile cunt if that milk hit me I would've smashed a bottle on her dome and caught a case for sure

I mean is peaches still pulling her tampons out and throwing them on the audience? She vomited milk up on the crowd when she came here

vile cunt if that milk hit me I would've smashed a bottle on her dome and caught a case for sure

I saw her twice live 2 years apart and she did the same show. She praised Kate Bush for aging well because that's what society think a woman should be like : a recluse with a weight problem hidden behind a coat doing the songs she made 30 years ago. It's frightening. Peaches said that in a podcast with that fucker Bret Easton Ellis (whom after years of denying being gay is now acting like the queen of the queers) and he said Madonna should reinvent her past hits onstage only. It's not because that's what he does with his books that everybody is a dried up artist with no ideas anymore. I mean do these people look in the mirror ?

I saw her twice live 2 years apart and she did the same show. She praised Kate Bush for aging well because that's what society think a woman should be like : a recluse with a weight problem hidden behind a coat doing the songs she made 30 years ago. It's frightening. Peaches said that in a podcast with that fucker Bret Easton Ellis (whom after years of denying being gay is now acting like the queen of the queers) and he said Madonna should reinvent her past hits onstage only. It's not because that's what he does with his books that everybody is a dried up artist with no ideas anymore. I mean do these people look in the mirror ?

I haven't heard a new peaches song in forever since that suckin on my titties song

and bret easton ellis's last project was The Canyons.

Speaks volumes. :lol:

tumblr_n1qdnzJoHv1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I know it was harmless and he was just joking. It just wasn't the wisest word choice lol, given that the media doesn't need more opportunities to tack the word "grandma" to her name.

You're right though, it's not a big deal. The press isn't going to be favorable to her no matter what; they're no doubt going to call her "grandma" regardless.

I didn't mean to come off as nit-picky or turn such a positive article into something spiteful, when it's not. Lord knows there's a lot of shit written about M these days, we should rejoice when people who actually know her speak up and say wonderful things. I'm pleased with this interview and happy Diplo always speaks so positively about her.

Madonna is so under-rated! She's brilliant. People who have actually worked with her always talk about how talented and focused she is. That's what I love most about Madonna... that despite her enormous success, she'll always be the underdog. She never stops fighting and I love her for that.

yes

Drake just proved what a homo repressed mamas boy he really was with his shenanigans

Does he still call his song Rihanna?

Love Diplo he seems a nice chap