Devil Pray the cancelled fourth single...

I want a fourth single... And video.. Even a live video.. She's gotta follow up bitch I'm Madonna.

Madonna: This Brazilian DJ Is Trying to Get Your Attention With a Newspaper Ad

By Jackie Frere | August 11, 2015 7:09 PM EDT

Instead of starting a Twitter campaign, Nick Deboni seeks Madonna's remix approval through the Los Angeles Times.

Like Madonna once said, life is a mystery.

So when an 18-year-old DJ named Nick Deboni placed a classified ad in the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday (Aug. 11), it's no wonder he was channeling one of his favorite singers.

The strange ad shows a large photo of Deboni's face with text saying, "I published this ad to reach you Madonna and ask you, please, to approve my remix." He is referring to his remix of the pop star's "Devil Pray," and he included links to his official Facebook and SoundCloud pages in the ad.

T9vuIu8.jpg

Billboard confirmed with the L.A. Times classifieds office that the ad ran Tuesday in the News section on page 8. The image of the ad began trending on Reddit later in the day and has gained more than 130,000 views.

According to Deboni's SoundCloud, this is his first remix, and it has had over 60,000 plays. He has also posted original mixes that have gained more than 140,000 plays. The DJ plays at Brazilian nightclubs and has racked up more than 67,000 likes on his Facebook page.

Madonna's representatives did not immediately respond to Billboard's request for comment.

Listen to Nick Deboni's remix of Devil Pray: https://soundcloud.com/nickdeboni/madonna-devil-pray-nick-deboni-remix

Maybe M should do this for all of her future singles. Listen to my music. It's good, seriously. :lol:

Devil pray would not be a good puck for 4th single. BODY SHOP would be awsum with a good remix

NO!

• 2 weeks later...

Devil Pray must be a single and have a video !

I mean, I dont know worldwide but in France everybody loves it. It sounds really Madonna and in the same time really modern.

Finish the Rebel Heart era with BIM would be a big mistakes for her. People will keep the image of M desperately trying to be young and desperately trying to get attention.

For me, everybody can love it, from hipsters to 1st hour's fans. BEST TRACK EVER

too bad. she could have thrown ICONIC out there with tour vid.

She should just damn do it really. What's there to lose? I don't understand her team's decisions sometimes.

• 1 month later...

According to DM, Devil Pray was planned to be the second single but she wasn't convinced with the 'video plot' for it and eventually favoured fan favourite Ghosttown.

Sad but understandable. I really, really wanted to see a video for Devil Pray.

http://drownedmadonna.com/news-about-madonnas-next-single-devil-pray/20151013

Such a waste.

Joseph Kahn

http://www.breatheheavy.com/inside-the-fascinating-mind-of-director-joseph-kahn-exclusive/

Has there ever been a song you’ve wanted to shoot a music video for but haven’t?

You know it’s weird, because I started loving Madonna when I was a kid. That’s where it all started. On a weird level, a lot of these videos are like my version of Madonna videos.

That’s awesome!
Where it came from was specifically Madonna’s David Fincher era where they were doing ‘Express Yourself’ and ‘Oh Father’ and ‘Vogue.’ Especially when I heard her ‘Ray Of Light’ album, and I didn’t get to do any of those songs, like almost every one of those songs I had a vision in my head for. It’s still one of my favorite albums of all time. Whenever I hear any song from there, like ‘Music,’ I’ll see some alternate video in my head. I think it’s only because I wanted to pitch on those songs so bad back then and I never got the chance to, so I have all these remnants of video ideas that never got to be made with Madonna.

What about contributing something for Rebel Heart?
Actually I did write on it, but I think I wrote something incredibly… bad.

What do you mean?
I don’t know… maybe I offended her.

It’s possible to offend Madonna?
Writing the song… oh God I can’t even explain it. I might even use this concept… Again, if I talk about concepts that I haven’t done, I could possibly use it for other things and also other directors could hear it and then they would extract it and make their own video concepts from it, and this is a really good idea. I’ll tell you in a nutshell: Old Madonna and a young Madonna. And the young Madonna, I wanted Chloë Moretz to play her and I had this story between Madonna now and Madonna as a 17-year-old for ‘Devil Pray.’ It was a really complex story that had all this interweaving. I don’t think you ever go to an artist and say ‘hey, here’s you… and here’s a younger version of you.’ It’s just not a good fucking thing to do.

Are you implying they could be old?
That could be the message. That wasn’t the intent. It was just dumb.

I find it interesting that she would reach out to Joseph Khan, of all people. But I think that reasoning comes from the Taylor Swift...

You'd think she'd ask other directors to come up with a concept after not liking someone elses....

I really will be sad if we don't get at least one more single/video. I would love a wrap up to the whole era. I don't care about the charts at all, just a nice beautiful video for the fans.

NKM was only released to clubs (like Impressive Instant and Mother and Father).

I'm wondering if Joseph submitted a treatment unsolicited (i.e. they weren't actually planning to make a video for DP, which is why they didn't ask someone else for a submission).

Hold Tight was released as a radio single in Italy and reached the Airplay Top 40, but didn't hang around for long.