Devil Pray the cancelled fourth single...

So where has it been sent already ? The only confirmation I know was through Universal Music France but it is apparently getting play around Europe, South Africa, Australia, everywhere but the US. I don't think it will have much impact anywhere if the drug references are all taken out. :(

Doesn't matter at this point.

36 mixes have been done so far. There were 3 other option of singles to choose from but Iconic, Best Night and Hold Tight were not any of them. I don't know the other 3 but he can't say because he will get told off again. Just passing on info....

I'd love a proper Devil Pray video

And imagine a physical EP CD with B-Sides !?
I doubt that Ms idiotic management would even think of this though...

36 mixes have been done so far. There were 3 other option of singles to choose from but Iconic, Best Night and Hold Tight were not any of them. I don't know the other 3 but he can't say because he will get told off again. Just passing on info....

Who?

maybe unapologetic bitch, joan of arc, and body shop

Unapologetic Bitch was never considered as first single either. Slightly unrelated but Queen was never even considered for the album in the first place either. It was never even submitted to UMG on the list of songs considered for the album nor was it even mentioned when the tracklisting was sorted. I'm not sure if everybody knows this now or not...

Guest bluejean

I was at a club in Montreal and they played the Bit Error remix of Devil Pray. It was great and my friend who has never heard the song really liked it.

Unapologetic Bitch was never considered as first single either. Slightly unrelated but Queen was never even considered for the album in the first place either. It was never even submitted to UMG on the list of songs considered for the album nor was it even mentioned when the tracklisting was sorted. I'm not sure if everybody knows this now or not...

But Diplo or someone said last summer that they were choosing between 2 songs for the first single no? He said one of the tracks had a 90s house vibe and the other had a reggae influence.

That's very interesting. I wonder how Queen ended up on rumoured tracklists and the initial leak

Guest Norig

Interesting! Why such a high quality of the track i wonder?

It was on the super deluxe tracklist that was on her website until like a month ago or so when they finally updated it...along with Auto-Tune Baby..

But Diplo or someone said last summer that they were choosing between 2 songs for the first single no? He said one of the tracks had a 90s house vibe and the other had a reggae influence.

"During an interview on the Australian tv show The Riff on Channel V, to promote the Stereosonic Music Festivl, Diplo talked Madonna and he said that the first single will come out early next year.

Diplo added that the track, produced by him, is a notorious song with a reggae/dancehall vibe."

That's very interesting. I wonder how Queen ended up on rumoured tracklists and the initial leak

This is just info from a insider in another forum who I know for certain is sometimes involved in this sort of stuff. I'm no insider, I'm just sharing what I read from him but since Diplo said reggae influence, maybe there is another reggae track?

I thought Queen was sorta going to be on the album at the time to but apparently not. He's worked (much less now) for Warner, Mercury and 3rd one I can't remember. He is still involved in these projects from time to time but just thought it was interesting info to share around.

Pasting what he stated:

"bitch was never planned as first single. The other tracks you mention have already been singles. This was a discussion as to what the next single should be. Devil won hands down, mixes are done. I can't tell you the other three options, I'd get told off again! X x"

"I've no idea about Queen, but it was simply never mentioned when track listing was discussed. Record for something else maybe? No idea"

"It was never even mentioned on the group emails when the track listings were sorted. Not in the music files sent out either. Although, TBH, I don't think its good anyway."

Do you have any info on alternate track lists??

Unapologetic Bitch is too perfect and jamming for them not to have contemplated releasing it. It's so good it could have been the lead single. It will be a shame if it never gets its day in the sun.

Seriously one of the best songs Madonna has done in years.

Queen is registered at both ASCAP & Warner Chappell unlike a lot of other unreleased stuff like Revolution or Nothing Lasts Forever so I'm sure at some point it was meant to be released...

You don't have to believe anything I say. Just pasting info from someone I know who involved in these sorts of projects on another forum.

It was simply never mentioned in the discussion when they were sorting out tracklistings. Maybe it was recorded for something else?

You don't have to believe anything I say. Just pasting info from someone I know who involved in these sorts of projects on another forum.

It was simply never mentioned in the discussion when they were sorting out tracklistings. Maybe it was recorded for something else?

You're friend may be right, it was never considered for the standard album. But it was originally slated to be a bonus track on the super deluxe. We know this from Madonna.com and a few other sources.

Though personally, if the two disc album ever came to fruition, Queen def would have been on the "Heart" disc.

Nothing else at the moment. Trying to find more, this is very interesting stuff.

Yes it is! Thank you for sharing!!

Pasting what he stated:

"bitch was never planned as first single. The other tracks you mention have already been singles. This was a discussion as to what the next single should be. Devil won hands down, mixes are done. I can't tell you the other three options, I'd get told off again! X x"

"I've no idea about Queen, but it was simply never mentioned when track listing was discussed. Record for something else maybe? No idea"

"It was never even mentioned on the group emails when the track listings were sorted. Not in the music files sent out either. Although, TBH, I don't think its good anyway."

Thanks for the insider info! Considering "Queen" was recorded with a random producer - Terius Youngdell Nash - who has no other involvement on the LP, I would assume it was a one-off track for something. Who knows. I actually like that song though...it's kind of somber and nostalgic. Like Madonna is talking about her reign ending.