What song will get the "political interlude" treatment??

LHakaLH

Normally used as the video interlude that gives way to the show's final segment; in MDNA it was Nobody Knows Me with gay teen suicides being the main topic. Beat Goes On/Get Stupid on S&S tackled political corruption and the Sorry remix on Confessions was about world poverty. What song do you think will get this treatment on RHT, and what issues will it tackle?? Would love to hear your thoughts :)

Guest Rocco Papa

I think Borrowed Time would be a good fit.

But I'm also thinking she might not use a song at all and have audio from the secretprojectrevolution film instead.

It might be something about the revolution of love, tied in with the secret project stuff, perhaps? Devil Pray might be the one, from the RH tracks.

I think something related to women's rights (from access to education to violence to ageism in the media) would be very suitable and timely. EDIT: I like Jimmy's idea of including WIFLFAG!

I'm just praying there is no speech. I found the MDNA speech insufferable, simplistic, and just weird for the occasion. Not to mention, way too long.

yeah not into speeches like on the MDNA tour...please. def waaaay too long.

I most def think agesim will be discussed. (Hate the political speeches, like talking about religion, she's not out there telling everyone they should be cathloic).

since for whatever reason I can't start a new topic, I'll say it here... I hope she does a heavy bass rendition of Impressive Instant.

xo

Edited by Taj71

Guest bluejean

"Illuminati"

She name-drops half the world's political establishment.

Yes. I think this will be a video interlude of some kind.

Taj71 you can start posts when you reach 250 posts I believe.

250 ?? aw hell. well then I better hurry up and think of things to reply with..... girl I got things to say...

Guest Rachelle of London

250 ?? aw hell. well then I better hurry up and think of things to reply with..... girl I got things to say...

Hahaha! If you want I can open a thread for you if you wanted to start a topic

Fuck that.... I LIVE for the political rants. I'd worship some other shitty pop bitch if I didn't.

I hope she goes super political even in other ways than just rants or socio-political interludes.

That being said, the MDNA tour into the Secretproject was all very political...so maybe she doesn't want to repeat too much. Yet, the music and the message of this whole RH era is very political - esp. in regards to ageism, sexism, sexuality, etc... the context feels more personalized this time around.

Whatever she decides to do, I just hope we get full on 'Unapologetic Bitch' attitude this time around. Take no prisoners M.

Guest Rachelle of London

I love the political rants. Madonna has been doing them for years, not just MDNA. I love them. She's inspired when she's on your visiting so many places. If she wants to rant for 1 min and 30 seconds in between a song then I don't care

I think the lyrics of GHOSTTOWN can be re-work (like BEAT GOES ON in S&S) for a video interlude that i would call DESOLATION, showing the state of the world today...

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love something like what she did with Live to Tell on the Confessions Tour. That was masterfully done and I still get goose bumps when I watch it.

That's what I'm looking for from this tour, something that really make us think and evokes emotion. Not something sappy. I feel like its difficult because theres a very thin line between being sappy and making us yawn, and actually making us think and feel. But I mean its Madonna, and she's yet to disappoint me with any tour performances that revolve around societal issues.

I'd love something like what she did with Live to Tell on the Confessions Tour. That was masterfully done and I still get goose bumps when I watch it.

That's what I'm looking for from this tour, something that really make us think and evokes emotion. Not something sappy. I feel like its difficult because theres a very thin line between being sappy and making us yawn, and actually making us think and feel. But I mean its Madonna, and she's yet to disappoint me with any tour performances that revolve around societal issues.

same. just something interesting, inspiring, intelligent.. not like some other girls doing things for shock value but without any intelligent or moving concept