MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glindathegood

Garbage thread

I mean there were like 2-3 good songs on Bleed Like Me I guess. :bad:

I always thought that Bleed Like Me is something a roughed up anus would say.

Strange Little Birds reminds me of strange little cunts by Torn.

the song and the video bring me back to their 90's work, which is good of course.

yaaas, i love to see other darklings! haven't got a chance to look at the new video yet but i wouldl ove em to do a 20 years paranoid tour in support of Version 2.0 with Shirley wearing the Iconic Orange Jacket

Thanks for the video link, glad they chose Magnetised, that's my favourite on the album.

Love the new video! 

Happy to say this ended up clicking with me and currently tied with new Regina as my album of the year.

11 hours ago, SomeofShane said:

Happy to say this ended up clicking with me and currently tied with new Regina as my album of the year.

Love both!!!

They are doing their second anniversary tour next year for V2.0:

Looking forward to playing our first UK show in over 2 years at London‚Äôs O2 Academy Brixton on Friday, September 14th 2018! This show will be a 20-year celebration of our seminal second album, ‚ÄúVersion 2.0‚ÄĚ This should be a very special night for us all. Tickets will be available on September 8th:

21106459_1707264759284368_8404933116879655371_n.jpg

Would love to go to this!

I love that they make new music while simultaneously celebrating their glorious back catalog.  I hope this means there will be an expanded remaster of Version 2.0 much as there was for self-titled.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I love that they make new music while simultaneously celebrating their glorious back catalog.  I hope this means there will be an expanded remaster of Version 2.0 much as there was for self-titled.

YES.

They are truly a model as to how to celebrate your back catalog while still putting out music that's fresh. They're no less 'cooler' than they were when they burst out onto the scene. 

Madonna could take a lesson from this. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

YES.

They are truly a model as to how to celebrate your back catalog while still putting out music that's fresh. They're no less 'cooler' than they were when they burst out onto the scene. 

+1

Bought tickets, couldn't resist, even if it is a whole year away.

Version 2.0 is SO GOOD :wow:

So they have confirmed there will be a 20th anniversary deluxe reissue of Version 2.0 but have they confirmed whether they are recording a new album?

No Horses proves they are running on a full tank.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, KalamazooJay said:

YES.

uhm...reissuing a successful album because they have no other successful ones...just cute..so which one should M reissue or better said, "celebrate"..huh?

7 hours ago, Shane said:

So they have confirmed there will be a 20th anniversary deluxe reissue of Version 2.0 but have they confirmed whether they are recording a new album?

No Horses proves they are running on a full tank.

They confirmed they're working on a new album too.

10 hours ago, Chimera said:

uhm...reissuing a successful album because they have no other successful ones...just cute..so which one should M reissue or better said, "celebrate"..huh?

Um. What exactly are you trying to say?

Reissuing one of the most popular alternative rock albums of the 90s isn't "cute". It's good marketing. 

Madonna hasn't put out a single reissue of any of her iconic albums. So how about this, I'll let you dream up which one you'd like to see "celebrated" 

Stevie Nicks, Tori Amos, Garbage and several others have put out multiple reissues and box sets celebrating their legacy of work. It's high time Madonna jumps on that band wagon. 

I don't see how that was so hard to understand from my first post. 

I love that they do these anniversaries / reissues while working on new music. Really excited for a deluxe Version 2.0, what an album.

Love that Shirley posted she was using MDNASKIN. Love what a fan she is especially coming from an alternative background...speaks to me as someone who loves grunge and alt and rock and then can also live for M and understand her punk rock aesthetic 

On 24/9/2017 at 10:05 PM, tasteinmen said:

I love that they do these anniversaries / reissues while working on new music. Really excited for a deluxe Version 2.0, what an album.

If only someone else did this too... :IMG_1564:

4 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

If only someone else did this too... :IMG_1564:

Ha so true. I thought the same as I typed that sentence.

Shirley and FIONA APPLE performed You Don't Own Me last night, also 

"Garbage are currently working on new music and will release a special 20th anniversary reissue of ‚ÄėVersion 2.0‚Äô on 11th May."

http://murraychalmers.com/legendary-garbage-frontwoman-actor-and-activist-shirley-manson-is-to-be-honoured-with-the-icon-award-at-the-vo5-nme-awards-2018/

I really hope there's a Super Deluxe Edition for Version 2.0 like there was for the debut. There's not as many released remixes during that era so theoretically there could be more room for unreleased demos and alternate versions, like the radio remixes of Special and When I Grow Up. Hope The World Is Not Enough, The Bond song is on there too, along with the Chilled Out remix

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Shirley and FIONA APPLE performed You Don't Own Me last night, also 

"Garbage are currently working on new music and will release a special 20th anniversary reissue of ‚ÄėVersion 2.0‚Äô on 11th May."

http://murraychalmers.com/legendary-garbage-frontwoman-actor-and-activist-shirley-manson-is-to-be-honoured-with-the-icon-award-at-the-vo5-nme-awards-2018/

I really hope there's a Super Deluxe Edition for Version 2.0 like there was for the debut. There's not as many released remixes during that era so theoretically there could be more room for unreleased demos and alternate versions, like the radio remixes of Special and When I Grow Up. Hope The World Is Not Enough, The Bond song is on there too, along with the Chilled Out remix

YES! Oooor a dream would be a boxset of 3" cd singles with each track having its own logo a la singles from that era. That whole album imo is the best thing they've done lyrically, musically, visually, and theme wise. 

17 hours ago, Showdown said:

YES! Oooor a dream would be a boxset of 3" cd singles with each track having its own logo a la singles from that era. That whole album imo is the best thing they've done lyrically, musically, visually, and theme wise. 

YESSS, you mean something like this? 

BKbQEUnX1vI.jpg

DTIFJH652Wo.jpg

mX9g3kAhxZ4.jpg

n2zfk6Ra-_8.jpg

XdiweorTo2Q.jpg

2 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

YESSS, you mean something like this? 

BKbQEUnX1vI.jpg

DTIFJH652Wo.jpg

mX9g3kAhxZ4.jpg

n2zfk6Ra-_8.jpg

XdiweorTo2Q.jpg

YES!!! except one for every track and the bside being a demo or unreleased track with a bonus cd full of remixes

https://garbage.store-08.com/featured/garb080007-garbage-deluxe-bundle/

https://garbage.store-08.com/bundles/garb080008-garbage-version-2-0-standard-bundle/

20th Anniversary Deluxe Version 2.0 Vinyl now available for pre order, also comes with a standard edition

The Deluxe remastered "Version 2.0" re-release LP format contains three 180g black vinyl records housed inside a rigid box with magnet closure. 
This box also contains a movie-style poster, 4 sticker inserts (‚ÄėPush It‚Äô, ‚ÄėWhen I Grow Up‚Äô, ‚ÄėSpecial‚Äô, ‚ÄėThe Trick Is To Keep Breathing‚Äô), download card, and, a condom in a matchbook style card cover.