MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glindathegood

Garbage thread

I dream of a Madonna's album produced by Garbage since 1995.

Or Butch Vig, the drummer. Besides Garbage he has produced lots of other artists like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Green Day etc.

Or Butch Vig, the drummer. Besides Garbage he has produced lots of other artists like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Green Day etc.

Since forever I want a Madonna rock album :inlove:

Since forever I want a Madonna rock album :inlove:

I'm not sure about that. I like rock/indie in general, it's my favorite genre, but I'm not sure it would work for Madonna. If she did it, it couldn't be a straight up rock album it would have to be combined with electronic sounds too. Garbage isn't a straight up rock band though, it has electronic elements which is what makes them interesting.

Shirley is such a great interview subject. She always has unique thought provoking things to say.

Love this interview!

http://www.papermag.com/garbage-shirley-manson-strange-little-birds-butch-vig-sexual-assault--1858719134.html

I know but i want the whole band because i want her to write songs with Shirley.

I know but i want the whole band because i want her to write song with Shirley.

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't mind her doing a song with Shirley without the rest of the band!

Hasn't Garbage always considered themselves "Pop", though?

I don't think they ever really classified themselves. I think they are kind of in the middle between pop and rock/alternative. They aren't hard rock, they are melodic, but they aren't pure pop in that they use guitars and moody electronics. They aren't pop in the sense of Katy Perry or Rihanna or someone.

I just remember from some interview way back in the 90s they talked about trying to incorporate different elements into the context of a pop song. Or something like that, but I couldn't remember where I read that.

I'm not sure about that. I like rock/indie in general, it's my favorite genre, but I'm not sure it would work for Madonna. If she did it, it couldn't be a straight up rock album it would have to be combined with electronic sounds too.

yeah! something like "Burning Up", pop rock + electronica, like Garbage :inlove:

"I Love New York" version rock is awesome

Well I listened to the album after the rave reviews it was getting here and it was just the same old. I was disappointed. Again. I'm not giving them any more chances. As far as I'm concerned the last semi-decent album they made was BeautifulGarbage and even that wasn't great.

They tried to trick you wifh the reviews I see.

I loved the album cover of BeautifulGarbage it's the first true representation of Suedehead's cunt in 3D pixelation effect.

Omg ending with Amends. The lyrics, the way it builds up. Man, I could die if they performed each song in order in their shows and skipped any old stuff (although I would want a second night with all their other stuff) ...this is massive for them and I think they know it. They are aware of how great this album is. They have to know!!!! Ugh...I can imagine being in the studio while they were recording Amends...I would've been gagging every second!!!!

They are performing tonight on Jimmy Kimmel on US tv.

At last SPIN reviewed "Strange Little Birds"… but it was worth the wait.

http://www.spin.com/2016/06/review-garbage-strange-little-birds/

Wondering why Rolling Stone haven't said anything yet.

They did review it in the latest print edition, I guess it's not online yet. It was 3.5 stars and was a very good review. I don't remember exactly what they said as I just flipped through it in a store.

Just back from seeing Garbage last night! They are as amazing as ever. Here's a great article that kind of sums up everything I feel about Shirley!

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/298933/garbage-central-park-summer-stage/

i saw them too in nyc! amazing!

Finally bought their new cd and cannot wait to listen tonight!

Still not feeling this album!! Won't be giving them any more chances evahh!!! :evil:

It's interesting how differently fans respond to certain albums. Garbage is in my top five bands of all time, and I'm sure I'll end up loving this cd just as I love their previous five.

However, on first listen, this is not grabbing me the way that Not Your Kind of People did the very first time. The songs are not as immediate. I'm up to track 5 and nothing has made me say "amazing" like their opening tracks always have. I'm sure they will grow on me, though!

Finally, track 8 ("We Never Tell"), the first one to grab me immediately.

One of the reviews likened this album to Portishead, and I have never liked them.

It's interesting how differently fans respond to certain albums. Garbage is in my top five bands of all time, and I'm sure I'll end up loving this cd just as I love their previous five.

However, on first listen, this is not grabbing me the way that Not Your Kind of People did the very first time. The songs are not as immediate. I'm up to track 5 and nothing has made me say "amazing" like their opening tracks always have. I'm sure they will grow on me, though!

Yes, I felt that way too at first, but it grows on you. It's kind of a moody atmospheric thing rather than actual songs, if you know what I mean.

My favorite track is Our Love is Doomed.

I like it, but I think it's a bit overrated by critics. They didn't play that many songs from it at the recent concert.

My favorite albums by them are actually Bleed Like Me and Beautiful Garbage, which some fans don't like

At the concert, she sang my all time favorite song by them, The Trick is to Keep Breathing.

I can see the similiarity to Portishead. I do enjoy them, although I wouldn't put them in my list of all time top artists.

I don't always agree with critics. I think PJ Harvey's current album which was given only so so reviews by critics is much better. It's more pop in a way, with memorable melodies and hooks.

I really recommend Hope Six Demolition Project to everyone. Do you have that one?

This. There's not a single song on the new album that I couldn't do without. Night Drive Loneliness is probably my favorite so far.

I agree that it takes some listens and is not as immediate as not your kind of people, but is ultimately better and incredible!

Not Your Kind Of People was one of the all time worst.

No way! It's a decent record. It's just not amazing like the new one is.

Garbage album rank:

1. Version 2.0

2. Garbage

3. Beautiful Garbage

4. Bleed Like Me

5. Strange Little Birds

6. Not Your Kind Of People

So. Yeah.

Mine is

Version 2.0

Garbage

Strange Little Birds