MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glindathegood

Garbage thread

Best album since Version 2.0. I'm obsessed.

I think the same. :inlove:

Huh. Well maybe I need to invest!

it's one of their best albums ever! Love it!

It actually made me listen to nykop again after awhiles, and im falling in love with that album again as well

Best album since Version 2.0. I'm obsessed.

I think that's pretty accurate.

I always find the MNation verdict to be very accurate so I guess I will be getting this one. Although I have ignored their previous effort.

Bonus track from the vinyl.

Loved it! My favorite is Even though our love is doomed

the vinyl is so beautiful and has lyrics ...i want it cause of the bonus tracks and the artwork is awesome...

gosh, they really delivered an amazing masterpiece.

Got the album today. AMAZING.

The vinyl edition has an unlisted bonus track called "Fucking With You' on the etched side. :D

PS - Oh. Shirley...

tumblr_nvetfc00qC1sdp156o2_500.png

*swoon*

Great hair color!

Well I listened to the album after the rave reviews it was getting here and it was just the same old. I was disappointed. Again. I'm not giving them any more chances. As far as I'm concerned the last semi-decent album they made was BeautifulGarbage and even that wasn't great.

I'm not giving them any more chances

:rotfl:

I like Shirl as a person and all, but GARBAGE? that ship sailed in 1998 bishes.

:rotfl:

Kim you might be surprised to hear that I still buy Alanis Morissette albums! And Tori! And Sarah, PJ and all those other girls :lmao:

Kim you might be surprised to hear...

No. No I'm not :rotfl:

Foreeeeever young...I wanna be....

No. No I'm not :rotfl:

Foreeeeever young...I wanna be....

Well not really. I do listen to new music too but as people get older it is not really surprising that they go back to the music of their youth. But all of those artists have also grown older and their material has matured and changed in the same way that I have, so I do like to listen to their new work as well. I feel I've grown up with them. I don't see a problem with that.

Touchy touchy Suedepole! We all have a connection to the music of our youth. That list of interminable female angst never really did float my 90s boat though.

Shirley is probably my favorite female rock star, she is super firendly and humble also super talented. I have all her albums and i've been a Shirley fan since Angelfish. Butch Vigg is a genius and their sound is always awesome.

Well not really. I do listen to new music too but as people get older it is not really surprising that they go back to the music of their youth. But all of those artists have also grown older and their material has matured and changed in the same way that I have, so I do like to listen to their new work as well. I feel I've grown up with them. I don't see a problem with that.

agreed.

Well I listened to the album after the rave reviews it was getting here and it was just the same old. I was disappointed. Again. I'm not giving them any more chances. As far as I'm concerned the last semi-decent album they made was BeautifulGarbage and even that wasn't great.

It's obviously not a band for you. Why do you even care? :blink: Go listen to Shakirra. :lol:

The album is getting better and better. Reviews are amazing, the best since Version 2.0.

There's so many little sounds, melodies and textures that remind me of their first 3 albums and yet it'd a completely different, darker, atmospheric album with a level of maturity and production style they haven't done before. It's sublime.

There's so many little sounds, melodies and textures that remind me of their first 3 albums and yet it'd a completely different, darker, atmospheric album with a level of maturity and production style they haven't done before. It's sublime.

and the lyrics! :inlove:

Soo.... Magnetized.... What an absolute f**kin' tune!!!! I am loving this album so much, wasn't sure at first but now I can't stop listening. I like a number of tracks on NYKOP but always turn it off after a few tracks, this album from start to finish is glorious.

Soo.... Magnetized.... What an absolute f**kin' tune!!!! I am loving this album so much, wasn't sure at first but now I can't stop listening. I like a number of tracks on NYKOP but always turn it off after a few tracks, this album from start to finish is glorious.

I know, I be all like paranoid21uw.gif when it comes on.

As of this writing, "Blackout" is my favorite.

I think.

i'm crazy about this album. it's one of the best albums i've heard in years!

i'm crazy about this album. it's one of the best albums i've heard in years!

the same here! :inlove:

Madonna should work with the productor of this album.

The album is produced by Garbage.

I dream of a Madonna's album produced by Garbage since 1995.